Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Six Flags America/Kings Dominion Comparison - Essay

Six Flags America/Kings Dominion Comparison - Essay

chryanvii
Posted: 5/21/02 at 12:04:05 PM
Views: 1702

I must first point out that I always see this board full of comments about SFA - it seems to be a rather popular park on this board, and is rather evident when you go to this park - this first two or three times I went there I saw many people with coaster t-shirts representing their favorite parks and rides. Since I have attended the park I have also run into some coaster enthusiasts several times who I met the first day I went to the park. - this shows some great dedication.

This park is highly underrated, and I am shocked that I have not been before this year, considering that it is right in my "back yard" - I live in Alexandria, which is about 20-25 minutes from the park without traffic.

I have always attended Kings Dominion once or twice a year since I was a child. Within the past couple of years I have always attended Kings Dominion assuming that they had bigger and better rides than Six Flags {once "Wild World" and then "Adventure World", neither of which competed at all with Kings Dominion at the time}

I believe that the only thing that is better about Kings Dominion in the year 2002 is the grand entrance with the large fountain and Eiffel Tower representation - other than this, the park is full of quick novelties and has gone downhill since it was bought by Paramount. How dare they get rid of the Haunted River, Time Shaft and Mt. Kilimanjero!!! Paramount has made some very poor decisions for this park, particularly to introduce three launch coasters, all with little to no novelty play {with the exception of the Outer Limits, which I consider only a mid-sized coaster}.

The Volcano is rather boring and might as well be a launch coaster without the mountain - you only go through the mountain once or twice while on the ride, and the coaster is barely integrated with the mountain. In addition to this, the second launch out the top of the mountain is very quick and un-noticeable. I think somebody mentioned this just recently, but there are only three rolls and the ride is finished - the best part aside from the first launch is the dive into the brakes, and I just feel that the manufacturer could have done so much more with this ride. Volcano is {I believe}, a prototype, and this is where Kings Dominion once again went wrong - they have too many prototypes, as if Kings Dominion is a "testing ground" for other Paramount parks. Concerning the Volcano's mountain integration -The Haunted River was much more integrated with the interior of the Mountain, and I wish they would have never gotten rid of it. The Time Shaft is absolutely some of the best theming I have seen, and I will really miss the long, noisy que line with gum all over the walls.

Smurf Mountain - well, when the park put a fence around the Lost Mountain and put up a sign announcing a "new, great coaster coming in 1998" I assumed that they were going to take out Smurf Mountain, leave in the classic Haunted River and Time Shaft and put in some kind of cool Arrow-type coaster that went in and out of tunnels through strobe lights, etc. I have not yet been to Great Adventure {I will have after this weekend} but I believe that Skull Mountain is something along the lines of what I was picturing.

As a side-note, The Haunted River was still a very popular ride in the park, often with half-hour to 45 minute ques. Now there is a heavy imbalance in the park, with heavy ques for The Outer Limits, Volcano and Hypersonic {when it's operating} and absolutely no ques for The Grizzley, The Hurler, The Rebel Yell, etc.

Hypersonic XLC {when it is working} is once again another novelty - the only trick to the ride is the launch and the hump with quick airtime, and Paramount just needed to think about the track layout a little bit more before it was placed in the park {let alone done a lot more testing out in Utah}.

Ricochet? The only reason Kings Dominion put this in the park is to claim that they have "12 coasters" - just look at their television commercials. This is a lazy excuse for a new rollercoaster - although I have not been there yet this year, I saw the construction during Fearfest and I will say that it IS integrated rather well with the "Wayne's World" section of the park - somebody please tell Paramount to drop the Wayne's World theming and get a Drop Zone stunt tower in there! They need one {even if it is not 300 feet like the one at King's Island!}

One more thing - when did Kings Dominion start charging admission to its waterpark? Their season pass advertisements claim that you get "free admission to the waterpark" with your purchase. What?

Six Flags since its acquisition has more interesting rides than King's Dominion and a lot more variety - they have a great, speedy hypercoaster, and two great woodies.

Six Flags has taken the right step in placing a ride like Batwing in the park - Stealth was the prototype, has been tested and Six Flags did not immediately jump in the first year to get a prototype, but waited to see how it would fall out.

Now Six Flags has an awesome hypercoaster, a Flying Dutchman {I hope I named this correctly} and I assure you will be getting an awesome floorless or similar coaster within the next few years.

Here's another bonus about Six Flags - since its opening, I have been there 5 or 6 times, and there have not been any lines! This past Sunday my friends and I were able to hop off the coaster, get back in line and hop right back on. For Superman Ride of Steel, my friend and I were immediately able to hop right on the front seat, go back around and immediately get all the way in the back.

It's almost as if Six Flags is a secret waiting to erupt - Kings Dominion has been around for awhile, gained a name, and therefore can fill its park up with gimmicky-novelty coasters and still attract massive que lines.

Kings's Dominion no longer has any more decent flat rides either - if you go to Six Flags {or have been there} you'll note that they have a Round-Up, a Chaos, an alpine twirler {whatever you call it} all in the same area of the park! If you go to other sections of the park, you'll find other very decent flat-rides such as the Rodeo {a very great, underrated ride} and the Tilt-a-Whirl {a classic!}

Whatever happened to Kings Dominion's alpine twirler, apple turnover, and scrambler? Is that scrambler still there at the front of the park?

Skypilot?

Although coasters are a great item to have in a park, flat rides are a definite necessity - they kind of stir up a little bit of variety in your park visit.

And what's with the parrot-troopers? Is it true that Kings Dominion has moved this around at least 4 or 5 times?

Anyway, I feel that Six Flags is highly underrated - I don't have many criticisms about the park as I have been highly impressed with it. I am not biased either, because I have grown up attending Kings Dominion, and I have seen Kings Dominion go to shreds right before my eyes.

Whatever happend to the Skyride? That was an icon for the park!

Six Flags, although very compact in nature, has a huge itinerary of rides that highly outweigh the gimmicks, pranks and novelties that Kings Dominion has put in its park over the years. Is Anaconda really still the signature {classic} coaster in the park? Volcano definitely is not.

If you're making a trip up to Virginia to go to Kings Dominion, I advise you to put Six Flags America on your agenda. In addition to this, I suggest that you bypass Kings Dominion completely and go to Busch Gardens instead. They don't have many coasters, but every coaster they have {with the exception of Drachen Fire, which has now been dismantled and closed for years} is a signature coaster. They also have a wide array of flatrides!

Re: Six Flags America/Kings Dominion Comparison - Essay by freakylick at 5/21/02 2:14:38 PM

Oh my..so much to comment on and so little time, but here it goes anyway.

> This park is highly underrated

I thought this board gave the park rather glowing reviews.

> I believe that the only thing that is better
> about Kings Dominion in the year 2002 is the
> grand entrance with the large fountain and Eiffel
> Tower representation -

Certainly a trademark of this park that makes it stand out.

other than this, the park
> is full of quick novelties and has gone downhill
> since it was bought by Paramount.

While I don't like everything that Paramount has done with this park, it's creativity should be admired, not ridiculed.

How dare they
> get rid of the Haunted River, Time Shaft and Mt.
> Kilimanjero!!!

The Haunted River was a good ride, I grant you that, but I am not sure that it was worth the 2 hour wait. Yes, during the heat of summer, it was always at least a 2 hour wait. As for those other rides, yawn.

Paramount has made some very poor
> decisions for this park, particularly to
> introduce three launch coasters, all with little
> to no novelty play {with the exception of the
> Outer Limits, which I consider only a mid-sized
> coaster}.

I am not sure what you consider "novelty play"..that comment just doesn't make sense to me considering that you refer to the rides being novel later in your post.

> The Volcano is rather boring and might as well be
> a launch coaster without the mountain - you only
> go through the mountain once or twice while on
> the ride, and the coaster is barely integrated
> with the mountain. In addition to this, the
> second launch out the top of the mountain is very
> quick and un-noticeable. I think somebody
> mentioned this just recently, but there are only
> three rolls and the ride is finished - the best
> part aside from the first launch is the dive into
> the brakes, and I just feel that the manufacturer
> could have done so much more with this ride.
> Volcano is {I believe}, a prototype, and this is
> where Kings Dominion once again went wrong - they
> have too many prototypes, as if Kings Dominion is
> a "testing ground" for other Paramount
> parks.

Yeah, Six Flags would never do anything like that...cough, Magic, cough, Mountain, cough...excuse me.

> The Time Shaft is absolutely some of the best
> theming I have seen, and I will really miss the
> long, noisy que line with gum all over the walls.

Yes, I will certainly miss picking the gum off of my clothes too. And the theming, while good, did not compensate enough to make it worth keeping the weak ride.

> Smurf Mountain - well, when the park put a fence
> around the Lost Mountain and put up a sign
> announcing a "new, great coaster coming in
> 1998" I assumed that they were going to take
> out Smurf Mountain, leave in the classic Haunted
> River and Time Shaft and put in some kind of cool
> Arrow-type coaster that went in and out of
> tunnels through strobe lights, etc. I have not
> yet been to Great Adventure {I will have after
> this weekend} but I believe that Skull Mountain
> is something along the lines of what I was
> picturing.

I hope you aren't too excited about Skull Mountain, it is very disappointing.

> As a side-note, The Haunted River was still a
> very popular ride in the park, often with
> half-hour to 45 minute ques.

Okay, that was just way too many times that you mentioned them taking out the Haunted River. You don't handle change well, do you?!?!

Now there is a heavy
> imbalance in the park, with heavy ques for The
> Outer Limits, Volcano and Hypersonic {when it's
> operating} and absolutely no ques for The
> Grizzley, The Hurler, The Rebel Yell, etc.

Do you think it's unusual for a park to have several rides with considerably longer waits?!?!

> Hypersonic XLC {when it is working} is once again
> another novelty - the only trick to the ride is
> the launch and the hump with quick airtime, and
> Paramount just needed to think about the track
> layout a little bit more before it was placed in
> the park {let alone done a lot more testing out
> in Utah}.

Okay, I agree with ya on this one.

> Ricochet? The only reason Kings Dominion put this
> in the park is to claim that they have "12
> coasters" - just look at their television
> commercials. This is a lazy excuse for a new
> rollercoaster

Most parks do this sort of thing...PKD is far from being an exception.

- although I have not been there
> yet this year, I saw the construction during
> Fearfest and I will say that it IS integrated
> rather well with the "Wayne's World"
> section of the park - somebody please tell
> Paramount to drop the Wayne's World theming

I agree with ya here also (Like I said, I don't agree with everything they have done :-) )

> get a Drop Zone stunt tower in there! They need
> one

Yes it would be so great to see them add something that everyone else has...yawn...personally, I am unimpressed with any of the S&S thrust/drop rides.

> One more thing - when did Kings Dominion start
> charging admission to its waterpark? Their season
> pass advertisements claim that you get "free
> admission to the waterpark" with your
> purchase. What?

Did they say something that wasn't true?!?! As we have noted on here before, all parks participate in the practice of "bending" the truth in their commercials.

> Six Flags since its acquisition has more
> interesting rides than King's Dominion and a lot
> more variety - they have a great, speedy
> hypercoaster, and two great woodies.

Six Flags did not add those woodies.

> Six Flags has taken the right step in placing a
> ride like Batwing in the park - Stealth was the
> prototype, has been tested and Six Flags did not
> immediately jump in the first year to get a
> prototype, but waited to see how it would fall
> out.

This is true, but the saddest part is that even after they built and used the "prototype" Stealth, they still couldn't get it right. Batwing opened much later than was announced due to mechanical difficulties and once it finally opened, they could only get one train to work. And on a ride with a long load/unload time, only running one train is suicide. Although they did manage to get one train working, the ride still had a downtime of about 50% (or at least that what it was during my many visits last season).

> Now Six Flags has an awesome hypercoaster, a
> Flying Dutchman {I hope I named this correctly}
> and I assure you will be getting an awesome
> floorless or similar coaster within the next few
> years.

Well, since you managed to find something to complain about the PKD coasters, (here's where I play the devils advocate) let me do some nit-picking on the SFA coasters (or at least the ones that SF added). First Face/Off...an inverted boomerang..wow, ingenius...yawn. Jokers Jinx is a spagetti bowl or whatever you want to call it...let's face it, it a model for an indoor coaster that got built outdoors. At least OL:FoF has the added attraction of being in the dark. S:RoS..sure it is a good coaster, but can you name a coaster anywhere in the world with more straight flat track...I know that I can't (although there may be a few). I won't rant anymore about Batwing, I did that before.

> Here's another bonus about Six Flags - since its
> opening, I have been there 5 or 6 times, and
> there have not been any lines! This past Sunday
> my friends and I were able to hop off the
> coaster, get back in line and hop right back on.
> For Superman Ride of Steel, my friend and I were
> immediately able to hop right on the front seat,
> go back around and immediately get all the way in
> the back.

Well, you can't fault PKD for having a lot of visitors can you?!?!

> Kings's Dominion no longer has any more decent
> flat rides either - if you go to Six Flags {or
> have been there} you'll note that they have a
> Round-Up, a Chaos, an alpine twirler {whatever
> you call it} all in the same area of the park! If
> you go to other sections of the park, you'll find
> other very decent flat-rides such as the Rodeo {a
> very great, underrated ride} and the Tilt-a-Whirl
> {a classic!}

I agree that the collection of flats at PKD is less than impressive compared to SFA, but the collection of shows at PKD is more impressive than those at SFA. The SFA shows (with exception of the Cowboy show..can't remember the name of it right now) are all absolutely pathetic.

> Anyway, I feel that Six Flags is highly
> underrated - I don't have many criticisms about
> the park as I have been highly impressed with it.
> I am not biased either, because I have grown up
> attending Kings Dominion, and I have seen Kings
> Dominion go to shreds right before my eyes.

Or maybe you are biased because you are overly nostalgic for the old rides of PKD causing your opinion of PKD to diminish. Since you don't have much experience with SFA, you have no nostalgia associated with that park.

> Six Flags, although very compact in nature, has a
> huge itinerary of rides that highly outweigh the
> gimmicks, pranks and novelties that Kings
> Dominion has put in its park over the years. Is
> Anaconda really still the signature {classic}
> coaster in the park? Volcano definitely is not.

Actually, I would say that Grizzly is, but that's my personal opinion.

> If you're making a trip up to Virginia to go to
> Kings Dominion, I advise you to put Six Flags
> America on your agenda. In addition to this, I
> suggest that you bypass Kings Dominion completely
> and go to Busch Gardens instead. They don't have
> many coasters, but every coaster they have {with
> the exception of Drachen Fire, which has now been
> dismantled and closed for years} is a signature
> coaster. They also have a wide array of
> flatrides!

All three parks are worth a visit IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate SFA, nor am I trying to disrespect your comments...I just don't feel that you were being fair as both parks have their positives and negatives. Both parks are good in their own right and have they both have their own agenda's. While you may not like what PKD is doing, others enjoy what PKD is doing. Personally I enjoy what both parks bring to the table, but that's just me.

Re: Six Flags America/Kings Dominion Comparison - Essay by Spyder Spyder Profile at 5/21/02 3:07:06 PM

I think that Six Flags parks are more "Testing grounds" for new coasters. I mean, SF parks did have the 1st inverted coaster (Batman the ride), the 1st floorless coaster (Medusa), the 1st LIM coaster (The Chiller), the 1st coaster to exceed 100mph (Superman: The escape) & the 1st 4-D coaster X. Paramount hasen't had that many firsts i don't think. But SFMM & SFGAD ar edefinitely the two "Prototype parks".

Re: Six Flags America/Kings Dominion Comparison - Essay by Capler at 5/21/02 3:31:48 PM

You said a lot. Apparently you put a lot thought into this and I thank you for the time and effort. SFA is a good park and I like it. I think that the company has done a good job with the ride selection. The park is really becoming a force in the Mid-Atlantic market. I wish to comment on the PKD portion of your essay. As most on the board know, I am a big Paramount/Kings fan. For years the company was all I knew and I took the opportunity to learn everything I could about them. My love for the company does not prevent me from criticizing some of the company decisions that have been made in recent years. I have to say that the company was a whole lot more interesting when Kings was in charge. They were at the forefront of technology and all of the parks were treated fairly equally. There was a time when Kings Island, Carowinds, Kings Dominion and Great America had pretty much the same things. Kings was the first company to install many of the ride types that later became common in the industry. They really did not care where they put the technology either. Meaning that a small park in a small market such as Carowinds had just a good of a chance of getting new techology as PKI. This was the case with the B&M invert at PGA, the Giant Drop and B&M stand up at Carowinds. Getting back to PKD I do agree and feel that there is a problem with the ride selection in recent years. I feel that the park is loosing grown in the market. IMO Volcano is a great ride. I'm not going to spend time talking about how it could have been improved because it is a done deal. I also give Paramount credit for trying something like Volcano. I have to say that is has been a great success, judging by the rate at which the "next generation" Volcanos are being built. I do have a Hypersonic issue. I feel that was the worst ride for PKD. After Volcano and the long, long lines, PKD would have done better to put in a large people mover. Volcano,Hypersonic and now a wild mouse will have you waiting all day just for the chance to ride them. Hypersonic would have been a better attraction to follow the high capacity Top Gun at Carowinds or SOB at PKI not Volcano. The best coaster for PKD would be a high capacity floorless. There is not one of these in the market. Another hyper in that market would be over kill. A tall Drop tower would also be excellent for the market. BGW has none and SFA's is a little dated. I feel that Paramount has to do something fast with PKD. Refocusing on theming like at PKI could be a solution but I really don't see it happening. They are not going to steal the older crowd from BGW. And I do not believe that Paramont is willing to spend the kind of money that Busch has on their parks. I don't have any problems with the company focusing on families but I'm really too big to ride and enjoy wild mouses, flying super soaking machines, and Rug Rat adventures. If there are few new rides for adults them there is little reason for me to keep going back. In closing, Paramount is one of the most brilliant companies out there, but they also tend to be the most confused, and difficult to figure.

Re: Six Flags America/Kings Dominion Comparison - Essay by Capler at 5/21/02 3:47:43 PM

> I think that Six Flags parks are more
> "Testing grounds" for new coasters. I
> mean, SF parks did have the 1st inverted coaster
> (Batman the ride), the 1st floorless coaster
> (Medusa), the 1st LIM coaster (The Chiller), the
> 1st coaster to exceed 100mph (Superman: The
> escape) & the 1st 4-D coaster X. Paramount
> hasen't had that many firsts i don't think. But
> SFMM & SFGAD ar edefinitely the two
> "Prototype parks".

Yes this is true but Six Flags is more that way in recent years. Kings use to be more that way years ago. Paramount has tied it but has had mixed results. In recent years Paramount has passed on many great protype coaster types that have gone on to become successful. I think it has more to do with Paramount not wanting to spend lots of money on a X, B&M floorless, Intamin hyper, B&M Hyper, B&M floorless, a Giga....than anything else.

Re: Six Flags America/Kings Dominion Comparison - Essay by KMAN KMAN Profile at 5/21/02 5:24:24 PM

> This park is highly underrated, and I am shocked
> that I have not been before this year,
> considering that it is right in my "back
> yard" - I live in Alexandria, which is about
> 20-25 minutes from the park without traffic.

I agree. SFA had MAJOR growing pains after the SF takeover, but it runs much more efficiently these days. 20-25 minutes from Alexandria is some serious speeding to get to SFA my friend!

>How dare they
> get rid of the Haunted River, Time Shaft and Mt.
> Kilimanjero!!! Paramount has made some very poor
> decisions for this park, particularly to
> introduce three launch coasters, all with little
> to no novelty play {with the exception of the
> Outer Limits, which I consider only a mid-sized
> coaster}.

The mountain before V:TBC was a complete EMBARRASMENT to the park. It was an ugly, smelly, and decrepid house full of lame rides. Also, what do you mean by "novelty play"?

> The Volcano is rather boring and might as well be

V:TBC has two great launches and....that's about it. I agree it is rather boring.

>Concerning the Volcano's mountain
> integration -The Haunted River was much more
> integrated with the interior of the Mountain, and
> I wish they would have never gotten rid of it.
> The Time Shaft is absolutely some of the best
> theming I have seen, and I will really miss the
> long, noisy que line with gum all over the walls.

Again, Haunted River was a rundown embarassment of a ride containing cheap themeing, stinky filthy water, and holes in the mountain where you could see the machinery behind the sets. It was not scary or well done at all. Like a homemade ride in someones backyard. And the Time Shaft -- WHAT themeing?! A disco ball and futuristic sculpture hanging over the pit is hardly themeing. And the gum -- another eyesore.

I would never consider Time Shaft, Mt. Kilimanjaro, Smurf Mt., or Haunted River to be "classics". Classic junk more like it. While Volcano is a disappointment, it is a drastic improvemnt to the rotting cave that was there before.

> As a side-note, The Haunted River was still a
> very popular ride in the park, often with
> half-hour to 45 minute ques. Now there is a heavy
> imbalance in the park, with heavy ques for The
> Outer Limits, Volcano and Hypersonic {when it's
> operating} and absolutely no ques for The
> Grizzley, The Hurler, The Rebel Yell, etc.

The Grizzly and Rebel Yell rarely ever had heavy lines except in their initial years. It was Anaconda and OL:FOF that started the imbalance. Haunted River had no effect, since Volcano is in the same site.

> Hypersonic XLC {when it is working} is once again
> another novelty - the only trick to the ride is
> the launch and the hump with quick airtime, and
> Paramount just needed to think about the track
> layout a little bit more before it was placed in
> the park {let alone done a lot more testing out
> in Utah}.

Agreed.

> One more thing - when did Kings Dominion start
> charging admission to its waterpark? Their season
> pass advertisements claim that you get "free
> admission to the waterpark" with your
> purchase. What?

Buy a seasons pass and the waterpark is included. What are you missing?

> Six Flags since its acquisition has more
> interesting rides than King's Dominion and a lot
> more variety - they have a great, speedy
> hypercoaster, and two great woodies.

Maybe one really good woodie and one shadow of its former self.

> Six Flags has taken the right step in placing a
> ride like Batwing in the park - Stealth was the
> prototype, has been tested and Six Flags did not
> immediately jump in the first year to get a
> prototype, but waited to see how it would fall
> out.

Batwing is in nearly all respects JUST LIKE Stealth. There are no major changes from the prototype.

> Now Six Flags has an awesome hypercoaster, a
> Flying Dutchman {I hope I named this correctly}
> and I assure you will be getting an awesome
> floorless or similar coaster within the next few
> years.

How do you assure us? How do you know that PKD won't install a major coaster either??

> It's almost as if Six Flags is a secret waiting
> to erupt - Kings Dominion has been around for
> awhile, gained a name, and therefore can fill its
> park up with gimmicky-novelty coasters and still
> attract massive que lines.

The secret has been out. I wholeheartedly agree that PKD needs to add some coasters of "substance" and have been voicing this here for more than 2 years. Good point.

> Whatever happened to Kings Dominion's alpine
> twirler, apple turnover, and scrambler? Is that
> scrambler still there at the front of the park?

I miss these as well.

> Skypilot?

Lame-O

> And what's with the parrot-troopers? Is it true
> that Kings Dominion has moved this around at
> least 4 or 5 times?

Many parks relocate flatrides over the years.

> Anyway, I feel that Six Flags is highly
> underrated - I don't have many criticisms about
> the park as I have been highly impressed with it.
> I am not biased either, because I have grown up
> attending Kings Dominion, and I have seen Kings
> Dominion go to shreds right before my eyes.

I think it is underrated as well. Still, the ride crews, while much improved, are not as good generally as PKD's and the park at PKD is still cleaner and better maintained. SFA does have a nice coaster selection now.

> Six Flags, although very compact in nature, has a
> huge itinerary of rides that highly outweigh the
> gimmicks, pranks and novelties that Kings
> Dominion has put in its park over the years. Is
> Anaconda really still the signature {classic}
> coaster in the park? Volcano definitely is not.

Anaconda was NEVER the signature coaster of the park. As far as "signature coasters" go, it is not necesarilly the best coaster in the park, but the most visable or beautiful coaster in the park that inspires memories. IMO Rebel Yells white hills and running lights at night have always been the trademark coaster sight at PKD.

> If you're making a trip up to Virginia to go to
> Kings Dominion, I advise you to put Six Flags
> America on your agenda. In addition to this, I
> suggest that you bypass Kings Dominion completely
> and go to Busch Gardens instead. They don't have
> many coasters, but every coaster they have {with
> the exception of Drachen Fire, which has now been
> dismantled and closed for years} is a signature
> coaster. They also have a wide array of
> flatrides!

I would definitely agree to put SFA and BGW on the plan as you would be missing out on 2 great parks. To advise skipping a beautiful, well layed out and run park, a backseat night ride on the Grizzly, a ride on the now AWESOME OL:FOF (minus OTSR thank god!), and a good assortment of coaster types(while short rides), and a decent waterpark would be stepping to far. We're both lucky to have three very good and different parks close by! --K

Re: Six Flags America/Kings Dominion Comparison - Essay by Jet-Star at 5/21/02 6:47:41 PM

You say you are from Alexandria, Virginia? I was just there, as well as DC last week (didn't go to SFA, though). Please e-mail me at subwaytim@hotmail.com, as I am planning on visiting Six Flags America sometime this year, and will most likely stay in DC or Alexandria. I'm hoping to find someone who I can meet up with when I go to SFA, since I will most likely be traveling alone. I really love Alexandria, and it brings back childhood memories. I'll tell you more in e-mail, since it is off-topic.