Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > RUMOR: Busch Gardens coming to Cartersville, GA?

RUMOR: Busch Gardens coming to Cartersville, GA?

Pete C
Posted: 3/22/02 at 10:06:02 AM
Views: 1606

Take this with as big a grain of salt as you can, obviously. I heard an interesting bit of info this morning from a friend at work who knows nothing about theme parks. She lives near Cartersville (a town north of Atlanta) and has a friend who is building a new house in Cartersville. Anheuser Busch has a brewery in Cartersville, and her builder told her that a new amusement park would be built near her new home. There had been rumors about an amusement park coming to this area a while back. He told her this new park is going to happen, and that it will be a Busch Gardens. Well, there it is. I doubt it is true, but we can still dream right?

Busch Gardens Cartersville...I Can See It Now by AtlantaCoaster at 3/22/02 11:31:51 AM

Hi Pete C...

The themed areas will be:

1. Deliverance Country - complete with rides and shows featuring Duelling Banjos and Duck Boy.

2. TrailerTrashTown - Video monitors of non-stop footage of Jerry Springer reruns in all the ride queues. One of the rides will be a Wisdom Tornado.

3. Redneck Riviera - This will be their beach-themed "Boardwalk" area with games and shops.

I have more ideas, but I will keep them to myself...for now.

Best Regards, Bill M. / AtlantaCoaster

LOL! by LONNOL at 3/22/02 11:50:19 AM

Bill-
Sounds good, but you forgot strip clubs...lots and lots of strip clubs. In addition, according to a certain poster here who shall remain nameless unless he reveals himself, Wisdom rides are trash so they would fit right in that area. Who knows, with the WWF getting into theme parks perhaps they could partner with Busch to make a wrestling area. I heard Ed Leslie (aka Brutus the Barber Beefcake, aka the Disciple) needs work. The hotel could have discounted rates for couples who were relatives, too.

LONNOL
who, like Bill, only scratched the surfacec of endless themeing possibilties

Amusement Park History

Re: New Ride From Wisdom.... by sparky sparky Profile at 3/22/02 12:06:02 PM

Sort of a spin on their widely popular "Tornado" ride...

A larger custom themed version for this proposed Busch park called "Trailer Twister"- the cars are themed as trailer homes, with the center actually containing a simulated funnel cloud.

Would make any grit eating trailer owning native druel all over themself- or maybe give them an urge to go mate with that oak tree down the block.

-sparky

Re: That would be perfect ... by RobLec RobLec Profile at 3/22/02 12:19:08 PM

Don't forget this area was the capital of the original Cherokee nation, so be sure to include a "Trail of Tears" memorial.

Seriously, for many years we've always stopped overnight in either Cartersville (well, Rome actually) or Calhoun on our annual trips between Cinci and Orlando. If we could throw in a visit to another theme park while on the road that would be perfect.

Re: Hey Rob Leclaire :) by Coaster Fanatic at 3/22/02 1:11:37 PM

Try Wild Adventure in Valdosta GA, I found this park to be very fun and family oriented, The more you search around the more you find and they do have a few thrill rides. (Cheetah is great, Hangman is a unusually smooth SLC, Double shot, Good dodgem, A strange variation on the flyers ride, Good Animal exibits including being only a couple feet from Bengal Tigers and Lions and the train ride is a must but watch out for ear bitting ostriches.

Chuck, saying Wild Adventure is about 10hrs from cincy and only three hours from orlando but is at the tip of a long day of driving and within a early start reach of BGT, IOA and disney.

> Don't forget this area was the capital of the
> original Cherokee nation, so be sure to include a
> "Trail of Tears" memorial.

> Seriously, for many years we've always stopped
> overnight in either Cartersville (well, Rome
> actually) or Calhoun on our annual trips between
> Cinci and Orlando. If we could throw in a visit
> to another theme park while on the road that
> would be perfect.

Re: LOL! by GuidoDeVito at 3/22/02 2:14:02 PM

> Bill-
> Sounds good, but you forgot strip clubs...lots
> and lots of strip clubs. In addition, according
> to a certain poster here who shall remain
> nameless unless he reveals himself, Wisdom rides
> are trash so they would fit right in that area.
> Who knows, with the WWF getting into theme parks
> perhaps they could partner with Busch to make a
> wrestling area. I heard Ed Leslie (aka Brutus the
> Barber Beefcake, aka the Disciple) needs work.
> The hotel could have discounted rates for couples
> who were relatives, too.

> LONNOL
> who, like Bill, only scratched the surfacec of
> endless themeing possibilties

If the WWF is getting into theme parks, how long will it be before we see a Val Venus S&S Double Shot?

Guido

Re: Hey Rob Leclaire :) by RobLec RobLec Profile at 3/22/02 3:22:45 PM

> Try Wild Adventure in Valdosta GA, I found this
> park to be very fun and family oriented, The more
> you search around the more you find and they do
> have a few thrill rides. (Cheetah is great,
> Hangman is a unusually smooth SLC, Double shot,
> Good dodgem, A strange variation on the flyers
> ride, Good Animal exibits including being only a
> couple feet from Bengal Tigers and Lions and the
> train ride is a must but watch out for ear
> bitting ostriches.

> Chuck, saying Wild Adventure is about 10hrs from
> cincy and only three hours from orlando but is at
> the tip of a long day of driving and within a
> early start reach of BGT, IOA and disney.

Thanks Chuck. We've often considered stopping at W/A but it's just in the wrong place. When we're on our way south, we can't wait to get into Florida, and on our way back home we're too worn out. Cartersville on the other hand is EXACTLY halfway between Cinci and Orlando, an excellent place to stop for the night. If there were a Busch park nearby, we'd just make it two nights and an extra day.

Hope to see you in two weeks at PKI season pass night.
-Rob

Re: Busch Gardens Cartersville...I Can See It Now by MM_Fave at 3/22/02 5:12:26 PM

LOL. Dont forget the annual coaster event, MULLET MADNESS.

Lynyrd Skynyrd And Allman Brothers Blaring CONSTANTLY by AtlantaCoaster at 3/22/02 5:48:29 PM

oh...also, Charlie Daniels Band and The Outlaws.

Devil went to Georgia looking for some souls to steal (n/m) by RobLec RobLec Profile at 3/22/02 5:59:07 PM