Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > What’s the most extreme coaster?

What’s the most extreme coaster?

Posted: 7/21/19 at 9:10:36 AM
Views: 511

What coaster is the most intense and extreme? What coaster can you grey out and black out on and what element in the coaster is it?

Re: What’s the most extreme coaster? by CenturyFlyer CenturyFlyer Profile at 7/22/19 7:28:25 PM
Definitely Intimidator 305 for me. It's not necessarily the first drop but the low-to-the-ground turn right after that is always a sure blackout for me. (I'm a wuss, I know.)
Re: What’s the most extreme coaster? by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 8/5/19 10:30:40 PM
For steel, Intimidator 305 just beats out Fury 325.
There is only one wooden most extreme, Lightning Rod.
Re: What’s the most extreme coaster? by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 8/9/19 12:04:02 PM
theRock-steel said:

I'd call Steel Vengeance, Voyage, and New Texas Giant all much more extreme than Lightning Rod. Don't get me wrong- I absolutely positively love Lightning Rod, and it's one of my favorite coasters. But the other three all are more intense/ extreme in my book.

Re: What’s the most extreme coaster? by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 8/13/19 6:21:28 AM
I said for a WOODEN. Boss, El Toro, Goliath, Hades 360, Outlaw Run, Son of Beast, and Voyage were wild, but I still say Lightning Rod is a special kind of crazy.
There is a big list on the steel side. Fury 325, HyperSonic XLC, Intimidator 305, Leviathan, Steel Vengeance, Tatsu, Top Thrill Dragster, Twisted Timbers, Xcelerator, and X2 all made the cut.
Re: What’s the most extreme coaster? by KLYDE at 9/13/19 6:23:14 PM
theRock-steel said:

Interesting. I didn't find Fury to be extreme at all. I mean sure it's 325 ft so there's that of course lol but as far as intensity, I305 is light years ahead of Fury IMO. That coaster stands alone to me. Just insane.

I re rode El toro a few weeks back and it was much more intense than I remember. gave me a bit of a headache which was not what I remember. It was much more intense than the other times I've ridden it.
I look forward to riding LR this coming year. That thing looks so great!

Re: What’s the most extreme coaster? by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 9/26/19 5:20:52 PM
Hades comes to mind (and it's one of my favorites). I've only been on it a few times, but the memory of it has stuck with me.
- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: What’s the most extreme coaster? by Link Link Profile at 9/27/19 8:25:49 AM
For me: Most extreme wooden coaster is Voyage at Holiday World, followed by Beast at Kings Island.

Most extreme steel is by far Maverick at Cedar Point. No other steel coaster comes even close by comparison.