Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Volcano Closing At Kings Dominion

Volcano Closing At Kings Dominion

Posted: 2/9/19 at 4:19:01 PM
Views: 86

Kings Dominion announced today that Volcano: The Blast Coaster gave its final rides in 2018. Boy, did this come out of the blue or what? I only rode it once in 2015, but it was a truly unique ride, albeit its short duration. It's too bad it can't be relocated...I wonder what will happen to the mountain structure itself - it would be awesome to see a new darkride, just like the past, but I highly doubt that, especially given that part of this decision is probably due to the condition of the 40-something year old building. We'll see!

Does anyone out there have any thoughts?

Re: Volcano Closing At Kings Dominion by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 2/18/19 12:52:53 PM
Wow, that is quite out of the blue. I've only been do KD once and I had the pleasure of riding it (2011?). I thought it was super fun, albeit the ride capacity is a nightmare.

That's such a shame. Hope they at least add a unique coaster (not a ride, but a coaster) in it's place.

Dang, this is a bummer! I wanted to ride it again in the future, but I'm glad I got on it while is was blasin!

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Volcano Closing At Kings Dominion by CenturyFlyer CenturyFlyer Profile at 2/18/19 7:58:22 PM
Yeah, it was definitely one to go to the first thing the park opened. And I'm disappointed that I never got to see those cool-looking fire effects.