Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Helllllooo UltimateRollerCoaster....It's been 10 years

Helllllooo UltimateRollerCoaster....It's been 10 years

GreatApe1

Posted:
7/24/18 at
6:50:47 PM

Views: 407

As the subject says, "it's been 10 years" since I've posted here. It was a long gap between my previous posts but not quite a decade. Last time i posted was asking about the old guard and gave a Kennywood trip report...

My last post was after my 1st trip to Kennywood and i felt nostalgic. I'm pretty sure that was the last time i went on a coaster...

It's looking like "Social media" probably has drained this site of it's traffic and it's connections...I'm sure time/life/death has taken it's toll as well.

I came here after reading a FB post about Steel Vengeance. I was looking for info. I didn't get much info. Trip reports are lacking

Wow, it's crazy what they've been doing with coasters! There's monorail coasters now!? All these "wooden" coasters have been reworked?!

Re: Helllllooo UltimateRollerCoaster....It's been 10 years by NotSo NotSo Profile at 7/26/18 12:40:24 PM
I have about 15 rides or so on Steel Vengeance. I like it, to a point. I wish they could design a better train. They say it has airtime, but really there is none because you are locked to the seat so tight that you don't move. I mean it is fun and all, just not the "best coaster in the world!!" as you read on Twitter and stuff. I like Dragster, MF, Maverick and Magnum better than SV for CP rides.

We have been enjoying Kings Island a lot more than CP the last 2 years. Mystic Timbers, Diamondback and Beast are all right next to each other and are all great rides we enjoy.

* This post was modified at 7/26/18 12:41:48 PM *

Re: Helllllooo UltimateRollerCoaster....It's been 10 years by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 7/27/18 10:10:16 PM
There's a number of us old timers around, including several who have been around longer than me. :-)

Even on a lot of the other coaster discussion areas I haven't seen a whole lot of discussion of Steel Vengeance. But what I have seen has been pretty popular.

Reddit seems to really have taken over the forums/ discussion part of the internet, along with youtube channels and things like that. Most of the social media stuff I see actually comes out of those.

But that doesn't mean that URC isn't still around. :-)