Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Poll: Do you access the discussion forums on a mobile phone?

Poll: Do you access the discussion forums on a mobile phone?

Posted: 9/13/16 at 7:27:37 PM
Views: 1369

Do you access the Discussion Forums on your mobile phone?

I'm curious if anyone tries. Outside of the forums the site is mostly mobile friendly (improvements still needed), but I haven't switched the forums.

Would this be of interest to anyone?

--
Eric
Ultimate Rollercoaster Moderator
Re: Poll: Do you access the discussion forums on a mobile phone? by frontrow frontrow Profile at 9/13/16 7:35:00 PM
My only source is my mobile phone. I never have had a computer. I've been accessing this site through a mobile phone since 2010.
Re: Poll: Do you access the discussion forums on a mobile phone? by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 9/14/16 7:37:10 AM
I pretty much only access on a computer. I do enough business and work on my phone that I try to keep the "fun" stuff on a larger, easier to see screen.

I wouldn't be surprised to find I'm in the minority on that.

Re: Poll: Do you access the discussion forums on a mobile phone? by mucciared at 9/14/16 12:07:10 PM
Computer.

A nice feature I would like to see is a "like" button similar to Facebook. Sometimes I would still like to engage in comments or posts without having to post something myself, especially when I don't have anything relevant to add.

Re: Poll: Do you access the discussion forums on a mobile phone? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 9/14/16 1:03:44 PM
Computers.

But not those also known as "cell phones." :-)

Mike B.
Re: Poll: Do you access the discussion forums on a mobile phone? by drachen drachen Profile at 9/14/16 6:07:40 PM
I frequently am on here with my mobile. I think it would be good to have a more mobile friendly forum.
drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.94 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.56 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Facebook: Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Poll: Do you access the discussion forums on a mobile phone? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 9/14/16 9:31:47 PM
No, and no. Computer only. I do use smartphones and tablets extensively, but not for heavy lifting. For www I use only laptops.
Re: Poll: Do you access the discussion forums on a mobile phone? by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 9/15/16 12:05:41 AM
I'm definitely going to move forward with making the discussion forums mobile friendly and I like the additional suggestion from mucciared of having a Like button for posts.

I still want to hear from others if you haven't responded.

--
Eric
Ultimate Rollercoaster Moderator
Re: Poll: Do you access the discussion forums on a mobile phone? by Streaker Streaker Profile at 9/19/16 10:37:02 PM
I use both but mostly computer.

I like the concept of making the discussion forums mobile ready.

I also like the concept of some type of "like" button. Many times I agree with other posts but don't have anything new to add to the discussion.

-Streaker-

Re: Poll: Do you access the discussion forums on a mobile phone? by antikythera antikythera Profile at 9/24/16 2:24:57 AM
Yes, on occasion.

Since the forums are mostly text, I don't have a major problem with it loading threads on my phone (aside from Drachen's yearly one that gets large and filled with media).

It'd be nice for the forums to be responsive (mobile friendly) though, so everything is uniform.

* This post was modified at 9/24/16 2:26:26 AM *

Re: Poll: Do you access the discussion forums on a mobile phone? by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 9/27/16 8:24:07 AM
Eric_Gieszl said:

Do you access the Discussion Forums on your mobile phone?

I'm curious if anyone tries. Outside of the forums the site is mostly mobile friendly (improvements still needed), but I haven't switched the forums.

Would this be of interest to anyone?

Yes, I for one would like that as my smartphone is utilized by me far more than my pc. And I must say, using my phone for this site is challenging at best, especially the forums 😊

~MommaBeast