Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Kentucky Kingdom 2017 plans

Kentucky Kingdom 2017 plans

Posted: 7/6/16 at 9:15:26 AM
Views: 4594

Anybody heard about what may be coming to Kentucky Kingdom next season? I've heard something may be going in the area where the Top Eliminator Dragsters used to be, and I've heard that there may not be much room to expand right now. Any thoughts?

Re: Kentucky Kingdom 2017 plans by coastinj coastinj Profile at 7/6/16 6:29:26 PM
Well they have signs up saying "Fun under Construction". I've not heard yet of what may be coming but I know what I would love to see. A Mack coaster similar to Lisebergs Helix or blue fire.
Re: Kentucky Kingdom 2017 plans by frontrow frontrow Profile at 7/7/16 3:49:21 PM
I was just at Kentucky Kingdom yesterday. Also heard rumours of another new coaster added for next year. Rode Storm Chaser 25 times and I must say it's incredible. The train that was operating yesterday had new wheels on it and it was flying. Lightning Run is a very good Coaster, but Storm Chaser blows it away IMO. Storm Chaser made my top 5 favorite steel coasters. It's a fantastic ride and I recommend to all enthusiasts to get there and ride it. We were at Kentucky Kingdom last year also. It's amazing to think that Park stood abandoned just a few years ago. I actually would prefer to go Kentucky Kingdom over Kings Island. Both Storm Chaser and Lightning Run are better than anything at Kings Island, IMO.
Re: Kentucky Kingdom 2017 plans by coastinj coastinj Profile at 7/7/16 6:04:44 PM
i think Banshee is the best ride at Kings Island with Beast and Diamonback back trailing it, I personally don't think Storm Chaser and Lightning Run are better then anything at Kings Island. I will say I prefer Lightning Run over Diamondback.

I do want to see a crazy lim launcher from Intamin or Mack here to really blow the competition away. But that being said I believe that the Breakdance needs to be running like it used to pre-Six Flags, and a couple more flat rides back by MHF/River Rapids should be on the agenda.

But lastly, I'm baffled at why all the expense on T3 when they should have scrapped the ride for recycling money and put in a good inverted coaster back there. The Kumbak trains have not helped the ride at all in my opinion.

Re: Kentucky Kingdom 2017 plans by reedman1970 reedman1970 Profile at 7/10/16 6:59:14 PM
I also noticed a small open area by Lightning Run and Bluebeard's Bounty. Could something be going in that area?
Re: Kentucky Kingdom 2017 plans by reedman1970 reedman1970 Profile at 8/7/16 4:34:20 PM
I also noticed a good sized space by Mile High Falls and Storm Chaser where a flat ride could go. It is right by the bathrooms.
Re: Kentucky Kingdom 2017 plans by reedman1970 reedman1970 Profile at 8/21/16 10:08:51 PM
Just talked to a Ky Kingdom employee and heard talk of a children's/kiddie area across the road and maybe a couple of water slides (for Hurricane Bay?). Not sure what to make of that, but it does sound interesting.
Re: Kentucky Kingdom 2017 plans by Kingcobra89 Kingcobra89 Profile at 8/28/16 9:16:21 AM
Maybe some flats that families love, like a Chance Wheel of Fortune and a Zamperla Large Disko. Those would be some good options. Or maybe it could be a slide complex.
Re: Kentucky Kingdom 2017 plans by reedman1970 reedman1970 Profile at 8/29/16 1:24:45 AM
I like those ideas. Other ideas i like are a Chance Rides Unicoaster and/or Wipeout, Zamperla Disco Coaster (something like CP's Pipe Scream), maybe a Tilt-a-Whirl or a Scrambler, even if they're used. A Zamperla Air Race, Huss Condor, Booster, or Top Spin sounds great. Other ideas I have are a Mack Rides Twist and Splash (like at SFStL and SFDK), Larson 22m Giant Loop (like the ones in several SF parks), Zamperla Moto Coaster or Volare (custom designed, if that can be done), something like the Jungle Racers slide at Splashin' Safari, or maybe another body slide complex for Hurricane Bay.