Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Bon Air section right now

Bon Air section right now

NotSo NotSo Profile

Posted:
2/3/15 at
10:15:18 AM

If you look at CP's website webcam live stream right now (10;15am), you can watch them tear down the Hotel Breakers old Bon Air section of rooms.

I knew last year when they took out the cedar trees in that area. Those trees were huge and had to have been there for 100 years or so. I was actually pissed they took those trees down, I spent many stays at hotel breakers and liked setting up a chair in the grass under the shade of those trees.

Water park expansion or a new wing of rooms?

* This post was modified at 2/3/15 10:16:12 AM *

Re: Bon Air section right now by RobLec RobLec Profile at 2/3/15 10:18:49 AM
NotSo said:

If you look at CP's website webcam live stream right now (10;15am), you can watch them tear down the Hotel Breakers old Bon Air section of rooms.

Water park expansion or a new wing of rooms?

My understanding is they are rebuilding the entire hotel.

The original structure is very old, and it shows.

Re: Bon Air section right now by NotSo NotSo Profile at 2/3/15 10:33:37 AM
They are rebuilding the hotel entrance hallway and updating the lobby and rotunda and its wings. They are not touching the east wing section or any of the tower section. They are not rebuilding the entire hotel, the only parts they actually tore down is the main entrance part and now the bonair.
The Bon Air section I had not heard anything about, seems obvious now though. If you look back at the animation video it never puts the camera on the Bon Air section, and rooms for that section were not available while the other one were.
I could be wrong but it seems like they are just secretly demolishing it, lol. They have been talking about removing that section for years now.
Maybe next year they will be rebuilding that section, I wonder..

* This post was modified at 2/3/15 10:40:42 AM *