Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Spring 2015 Amusement Ride Safety On Prime Time TV

Spring 2015 Amusement Ride Safety On Prime Time TV

Coasterzrule

Posted:
1/5/15 at
3:23:04 AM

The information presented here will be featured on a prime time news program in a story on amusement ride safety during the spring of 2015. This info is from a court document that seems to reveal something that many enthusiasts missed or ignored oh so many years ago.

And, not
withstanding this passage of time, Ms. Brandle, incredibly and allegedly, gives a
statement as to the position of Tamar’s lap bar. What is most incredible about Ms.
Brandle’s unsworn statement is that she says she could see the precise position of the lap
bar from her post inside a tram, sitting in a parking lot at 8:15 p.m. while the coaster was
traveling at a high speed. It is impossible to believe that this is the best witness for Koch particularly since she goes on to say that she
would NEVER have let that car leave the station with a lap bar that high.

From Case 2:05-cv-02052-BMS Document 39-1 Filed 09/23/2005

Re: Spring 2015 Amusement Ride Safety On Prime Time TV by Coasterzrule at 1/5/15 3:29:12 AM
...and I am the one who originally informed her father of the two click rides after waiting for 15 and a half months to be treated fairly by people. I tried to give these idiots a chance...which is a hell of a lot more than they gave me. Now I will talk to the media about this. It will be OPENLY DISCUSSED on national TV about that fateful ride.
Re: Spring 2015 Amusement Ride Safety On Prime Time TV by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 1/9/15 2:18:43 PM
You are speaking in riddles for those of us not in the know.
Re: Spring 2015 Amusement Ride Safety On Prime Time TV by RobLec RobLec Profile at 1/9/15 8:11:27 PM
KevinReid said:

You are speaking in riddles for those of us not in the know.

I suspect the original poster did not read the post before hitting the send button. One can infer from a single mention of the Koch name that the post refers to something to do with Holiday World, and the inclusion of "Tamar’s lap bar" must refer to the death at HW about ten years ago (Tamar was ejected from the train *allegedly* because her lapbar was too loose.)

Still... those who were not around a decade ago would have no way of knowing that from the wording of the post. A link to some sort of reference would have helped immensely.

Re: Spring 2015 Amusement Ride Safety On Prime Time TV by NotSo NotSo Profile at 1/10/15 12:37:05 AM
I guess I could look it up, but what happened? someone died on a coaster at HW?
Re: Spring 2015 Amusement Ride Safety On Prime Time TV by RobLec RobLec Profile at 1/10/15 8:15:00 AM
NotSo said:
I guess I could look it up, but what happened? someone died on a coaster at HW?

Yeah... it was at a coaster club event known as "Stark Raven Mad" which HW held every year at the opening of the season in the early 2000's. I never attended, but remember when it happened (though I'm not sure of the exact year). Tamar was thrown from the Raven and died, as I said, allegedly her lapbar was not down far enough. SRM was cancelled in the next few years until the event returned in 2006 when Voyage was built and was renamed Holliwood Nights, to celebrate the park's three wooden coasters. I attended four of the first five years and plan to return this year. Others here may be able to provide more details of the event.

Re: Spring 2015 Amusement Ride Safety On Prime Time TV by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 1/10/15 10:03:20 AM
So you are going to the event this year Rob? Me and my girlfriend are going also. This will be my first time.I can't wait!!!
Dion
Re: Spring 2015 Amusement Ride Safety On Prime Time TV by RobLec RobLec Profile at 1/10/15 10:46:10 AM
Yes, hopefully. I've already booked a hotel room. My wife will probably go too, and maybe our older son. We haven't been since 2010, the year Will Koch died... It would be good to see you again.