Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Trick Track Element

Trick Track Element

Link Link Profile

Posted:
12/15/14 at
1:29:12 PM

What are some of the best examples of trick track elements you have experienced?

Mine was on King Cobra at Kings Island. There's something about being in a standing position when you hit that straight at the back of the layout that I always found inspiring.

I wish more coasters would use this element. Alas.

Also, has anyone ever experienced the feeling of being "dumped" into a drop as if the tracks gave out beneath you? The only time I felt that sort of awkward "dumping-out" sensation was my first go on Excalibur at Valleyfair on the first high banked curve. I remember I was sitting in in car 2, row 1 on the right. Unfortunately, I was unable to get that same sensation even after riding several times afterward.

User Submitted Picture

Trick Track Definition

Re: Trick Track Element Photo by Link Link Profile at 12/15/14 1:40:44 PM
Incidentally: I remember riding Villain at Geauga Lake and never noticed that there was a trick track element on it apparently after the second drop. User Submitted Picture

Trick Track on the Villain at Geauga Lake

Re: Trick Track Element by frontrow frontrow Profile at 12/15/14 8:08:20 PM
Shivering Timbers at Michigan's Adventure has a trick track element also.
Re: Trick Track Element by Link Link Profile at 12/15/14 11:00:05 PM
frontrow said:

Have you ever ridden it, and if so, what's it like?

Re: Trick Track Element by frontrow frontrow Profile at 12/16/14 6:44:57 AM
Link said:

frontrow said:

Have you ever ridden it, and if so, what's it like?

During my first visit to Michigan's Adventure in 2001 the trick track element was great. It gave some laterals and was very smooth. It was far better than The Villain's at Geauga Lake. During my last visit in 2013, the trick track element was the the roughest part of the ride. In fact the entire ride was very aggressive, but very reridable, especially in the front seat. The trick track section was the only part that I would consider rough. Hopefully they address the issue and retrack it.

Re: Trick Track Element by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 12/17/14 3:17:13 PM
I also agree about shivering timbers trick track. It might even be a double trick track. It was totally unexpected and that coaster is SEVERELY underrated and not talked about enough.
- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv