Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Flyers to return to Kings Island

Flyers to return to Kings Island

RobLec RobLec Profile

Posted:
12/14/14 at
6:39:50 PM

Yesterday at the GOCC holiday party, the rep from CF made a presentation about what's new at the various parks, including some info on Fury at Carowinds and a comment that "the flyers will return to Kings Island".

All though it is possible that KI will be getting an all new Flying Eagles, I'm assuming that the original "snappers", which were moved to Carowinds in 2005 when KI built the Italian Job stunt coaster, were taken out to make way for Fury and will be coming back home.

I have no inside information on this, but I know a few folks who will be more than pleased if this is indeed the original!

Re: Flyers to return to Kings Island by coastinj coastinj Profile at 12/14/14 10:06:36 PM
Unfortunately Kings Island own website states the new flyers will be a brand new set from Larson instead of bringing the Bisch Rocco set they had shipped to Carowinds.

Which this is sad news especially for anyone who rode the previous version and have experienced these new Larson made variants. The height of the swing and the snapping/seinging capability is no where as fun as the Bisch Rocco models. I personally would have been much happier to see the Flying Eagles return.

Re: Flyers to return to Kings Island by RobLec RobLec Profile at 12/14/14 11:32:18 PM
coastinj said:

Unfortunately Kings Island own website states the new flyers will be a brand new set from Larson instead of bringing the Bisch Rocco set they had shipped to Carowinds.

Oh well, it was nice to dream, at least for a little while, that the original flyers might come back home. I never thought to check the website!

Re: Flyers to return to Kings Island by coastinj coastinj Profile at 12/15/14 2:50:20 AM
RobLec said:

coastinj said:

Oh well, it was nice to dream, at least for a little while, that the original flyers might come back home. I never thought to check the website!

The bad part is Carowinds is moving theirs into Planet Snoopy too. And giving theirs the same name/paint job. I know it's a small ride that won't garner a lot of attention but I hate when CF or any chain reuses the name/ theme. I love the originality of each park. I don't want to goto each est and see the same thing over. That's boring. Thank heavens they at least are being unique with the coaster names. Well minus putting the height in the name; 305 and 325, cheesy.

Re: Flyers to return to Kings Island by frontrow frontrow Profile at 12/15/14 6:37:57 AM
coastinj said:

RobLec said:

coastinj said:

The bad part is Carowinds is moving theirs into Planet Snoopy too. And giving theirs the same name/paint job. I know it's a small ride that won't garner a lot of attention but I hate when CF or any chain reuses the name/ theme. I love the originality of each park. I don't want to goto each est and see the same thing over. That's boring. Thank heavens they at least are being unique with the coaster names. Well minus putting the height in the name; 305 and 325, cheesy.

During my last visit to Carowinds in 2013, the flyers were already in Planet Snoopy, called Woodstock Flyers, and ran on a very slow speed.

Re: Flyers to return to Kings Island by coastinj coastinj Profile at 12/15/14 5:45:48 PM
frontrow said:

coastinj said:

RobLec said:

coastinj said:

During my last visit to Carowinds in 2013, the flyers were already in Planet Snoopy, called Woodstock Flyers, and ran on a very slow speed.

That's sad to hear, especially since they ran them well back when they were at Kings Island. I've been on 6-7 pairs of Bisch Rocco flyers and the only ones that are weak are the ones at Holiday World. The Larson units can't touch them in terms of intensity or fun. But then Knoebels and Indiana Beach have the best ran ones so far working.

There used to be a set at Ghost Town in the Sky; and snapping the cables as your hanging off the cliff looking down on Maggie Valley; nothing will top that. I don't remember how long they had theirs, I only remember riding them once.

Re: Flyers to return to Kings Island by frontrow frontrow Profile at 12/15/14 8:04:25 PM
Not only do I travel in search of the best rollercoasters, I'm also a flyers addict. The set at Eldridge Park is right up there with Knoebles, and the nicest looking set of flyers that I've seen.