Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Canada's Wonderland, 1st timer. Need to know...

Canada's Wonderland, 1st timer. Need to know...

BRossano23 BRossano23 Profile

Posted:
6/24/14 at
11:55:48 AM

Heading to Canada's Wonderland for the first time on July 2nd and have a few Q's. Plan on getting there when the gates open but probably will not stay until closing.

What ride should I head to 1st(NEW Guardian or Lev or Behemoth or other)?

What rides are a must do that can't be missed?

Should I get FastLane or are crowds minimal?

If I get the FastLane+, does it let you sit wherever you want on all the roller coasters (i.e. Front Row/Back Row of Leviathan or Behemoth, etc.)?

Where is a good place to eat?

Where is a nice place to sit and relax?

Any help from your previous experiences would be great. Thank You!

Re: Canada's Wonderland, 1st timer. Need to know... by ray_p ray_p Profile at 6/24/14 3:08:52 PM
While I’m not an expert on CW by any means, I can probably answer some of your questions…

What ride should I head to 1st(NEW Guardian or Lev or Behemoth or other)?

If you want to ride WMG, I would say head there first as I have heard the capacity is atrocious. Behemoth and Leviathan draw long lines as well, but with three trains running on each, they move people through much more efficiently. You may also want to ride Thunder Run (the Mack powered coaster also partially housed in the mountain) and The Fly (Mack Wild Mouse) early in the day if you’re looking to nab all of the credits in the park. Both of those rides have low capacity and can generate long lines.

What rides are a must do that can't be missed?

Behemoth, Leviathan, and Vortex are my ‘can’t miss’ rides. Shockwave (Mondial Top Scan) and Sledge Hammer (Huss Jump 2) are both rides you don’t see at many other parks and are worth a look if you’re into that sort of thing. The one ride I’d definitely use caution on is Time Warp, the park’s Zamperla Volare flying coaster. That thing is brutal!

Should I get FastLane or are crowds minimal?

Unfortunately, FastLane is probably the way to go. With Canada Day week going on, crowds are probably going to be pretty heavy.

If I get the FastLane+, does it let you sit wherever you want on all the roller coasters (i.e. Front Row/Back Row of Leviathan or Behemoth, etc.)?

Yep. You merge in the station and can pick whichever seat you want.

Where is a good place to eat?

Someplace outside the park. ;) The Greater Toronto Area has a HUGE number of restaurants catering to all tastes. To be fair though, I did have an order of chicken tenders from a restaurant near the Carousel and they were edible at least!

Where is a nice place to sit and relax?

In the Medieval Theater, they are running a Cirque-style show that has gotten good reviews. You’ll also be able to sit in the air conditioning for a while to avoid the crowds. There really aren’t many shaded places at CW.

CW surprised me back in 2012 with how well done it was. The employees were decent, the park grounds were clean, and I still feel the park has one of the most unique collections of coasters and flat rides anywhere. Enjoy your visit to North America’s most attended seasonal theme park!

Re: Canada's Wonderland, 1st timer. Need to know... by mucciared at 6/24/14 11:34:05 PM
I would expect crowds to be large as that is the first week Canadian kids are out of school and it is the day after Canada Day. If this is your first time and you don't plan on visiting often I highly suggest FastLane.

Behemoth spits out people very quickly and the line generally isn't very long for that reason. I would head over to Guardian first as it will be packed all day long. Haven't had a chance to get to the park this year, but it sounds like there are capacity issues.

I agree with Ray on the rides to check out. I would skip over the "clones" that can be found at many other parks (ex. Flight Deck, Psyclone, The Bat) if you are on a time restriction.

Have a great time!