Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > CP tr 6-10-14

CP tr 6-10-14

NotSo NotSo Profile

Posted:
6/11/14 at
7:39:16 PM

All by myself. Booked a room at Hotel Breakers a few days ago when the weather forecast looked great. But on this day, storms were slated to start hitting by 4PM.
I got to the park just after 9am and parked in the front. Decided to hit a ride that I am really starting to enjoy for my first ride of the day, Gatekeeper. I love this ride, I can't put my finger on why, I just have fun on that thing. Headed over to MF, waited maybe 25 minutes and was thinking it might be a crowded day today. Off to Maverick next to find a 4 train wait, awesome! My 1st ride(s) on mav this year, I rode it twice then a swing on Skyhawk. At this point I am walking fast because I want to hit as much as I can because its supposed to rain later. Got 7 total rides in by 11am then went and drove my suv back to the hotel.
Yes! Was able to check in early and got my 1st floor room I wanted. I just love staying at Hotel Breakers. I know the rooms are beat up and all, but there is something about having the view of that huge beach, and then all the rollercoasters on the other side. I feel like I AM STAYING AT CEDAR POINT. That is a great feeling. After relaxing for a bit and eating at Perkins ($20), I went back in and it started drizzling, the rides shut down. I got a beer over by MS, $10.17 for a Labats, wow. I waited it out right by MS entrance, and its amazing how many people asking the poor guy at the closed sign "how long are you down", omg,so dumb. He answered every guest tho, have to hand it to him. It only rained for 25 minutes and that would be all the rainfor the day, but I was hustling because it still called for rain all evening.
And after a nap from about 5 - 6:30, the evening was great. No wait for Gatekeeper and about 20 for MF and Mav. I got 29 rides total for the day, it turned into such a great day when I wasn't expecting it, just awesome. Ended the day with 3 straight on Magnum without leaving seat in 5-1.
Gate -5
Magnum -5
MF-3
Mav-3
Skyhawk - 3
BS- 2
Mineride - 1
Gem -1
Skyride-1
Rap-1
MS-2
PT-1
Windseeker-1

Sometime in the evening I was having a couple of Miller Lites and walking to the beach entrance, and here comes this plane.. its flying really low and I think he is going to buzz the beach. Turns out he was making an emergency landing and landed on the far end of the beach between Breakers and Sandcastle. It was just a little 4 person plane, but wow you don't see that everyday, was weird to see happen.

Meanstreak and Bluestreak are giving what I think are some good rides. Bluestreak is just great, and if you haven't been on MS in a while, give it another try. I actually look forward to MS, when there was a time I would skip it.

All in all, CP is my biggest hobby with Fantasy Football and traveling. The Platinum Pass is a great deal but they still get me for a lot of money because I stay at their hotels every time.
No need for FastLane so far this year, in fact I can't remember the last time we got it (haven't really needed it...

Re: CP tr 6-10-14 by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 6/11/14 10:10:14 PM
I bet the park security went bizerk about the plane. That's a red flag for terrorism.

Did you stay in the old wing of Breakers or in what used to be one of the newer wings about a decade ago?

Also, I agree with you on the beer price. $10 is offensive! You expect to pay a premium, but yet not be ripped off.

--
Eric
Ultimate Rollercoaster Moderator
Re: CP tr 6-10-14 by NotSo NotSo Profile at 6/12/14 6:23:04 AM
Eric_Gieszl said:

I bet the park security went bizerk about the plane. That's a red flag for terrorism.

Did you stay in the old wing of Breakers or in what used to be one of the newer wings about a decade ago?

Also, I agree with you on the beer price. $10 is offensive! You expect to pay a premium, but yet not be ripped off.

You know, the thought of terrorism never crossed my mind, at first I thought it was a remote control plane because it was so close. But yes, red flag for sure. Security was over there on four wheelers pretty quick.
Stayed in the old BonAir section, one bed for $140 (cheapest room). Though I vae stayed all over in that hotel, and have a room in the East wing booked for a week in Aug. Love it there, but expensive. It is nice to walk right over to the room for a nap, shower, beer, whatever..

* This post was modified at 6/12/14 6:23:48 AM *

Re: CP tr 6-10-14 by jwhoogs jwhoogs Profile at 6/14/14 9:20:58 AM
Hi,
It's nice to hear you had a good time by yourself.
I go bu myself too. I am an older person and all my family has had enough of CP.
I don't think I'll ever get enough.
I was there for coaster mania. Had a great time.
I got all the coasters in many times.
I'm also getting to love the gate keeper.