Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > your wrong

your wrong

jonesmel
Posted: 4/14/05 at 4:26:20 PM
Views: 2175

I'm not sure if anybody has already informed the general public that the information on this site is incorrect, but I'm going to do it right now. I have been a Michigan's Adventure employee for the past four years and have spent the majority of those four years working rides, more specificaly Shivering Timbers, The Wolverine Wildcat, and the Corkscrew. I have yet to look at the information regarding any of the coasters besides Timbers because I figure that if you are unable to obtain the correct information about a coaster that was voted to be the very best wooden roller coster the year after it came out then you deffinatly do not have the correct information about the lesser coasters. Shivering Timbers lift hill is 125 ft, not 122. The drop is 120, not 125. The angle of the first hill is 45 degrees. The cars travel at speeds of 65 miles per hour and have been clocked going well over 70 mph depending on track condition, car condition, weight in the car, weather, and a few other factors. Thank you for being wrong though. :)

Re: your wrong by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 4/14/05 4:40:23 PM

> I'm not sure if anybody has already informed the general
> public that the information on this site is incorrect, but
> I'm going to do it right now. I have been a Michigan's
> Adventure employee for the past four years and have spent
> the majority of those four years working rides, more
> specificaly Shivering Timbers, The Wolverine Wildcat, and
> the Corkscrew. I have yet to look at the information
> regarding any of the coasters besides Timbers because I
> figure that if you are unable to obtain the correct
> information about a coaster that was voted to be the very
> best wooden roller coster the year after it came out then
> you deffinatly do not have the correct information about
> the lesser coasters. Shivering Timbers lift hill is 125 ft,
> not 122. The drop is 120, not 125. The angle of the first
> hill is 45 degrees. The cars travel at speeds of 65 miles
> per hour and have been clocked going well over 70 mph
> depending on track condition, car condition, weight in the
> car, weather, and a few other factors. Thank you for being
> wrong though. :)

Uh, does the term "Get a life!" have any meaning?

ST does not do over 70mph and if you ask me the 65mph design speed is probably exagerated a bit.

ST is rated number one by many people who've ridden it and not rated number one by many others. I don't think it's ever been out of the top 5 in the internet wood tracked poll though.

Number one is a personal prefference. To me ST is the best ive ridden but I do not feel i have found the ultimate coaster yet or I'd probably be out of this hobby.

From a real geek here are ST hill hights 125 105 90 60 85 and 72 outbound.

Chuck, who hates knowing more than someone actually working at the park but has met Camille :)

Re: your wrong by rollergator at 4/14/05 5:09:55 PM

> Uh, does the term "Get a life!" have any meaning?

I was thinking more along the lines of "I wonder if there was a more polite way of contacting the webmaster if you think it's a real CONCERN"....but I think you got the point across just fine, Chuck...:~)

Re: your wrong by Shaft_STL Shaft_STL Profile at 4/14/05 5:10:36 PM

What an elitist.

The facts may be slightly off, but your english is even more so.

Re: your wrong by ThePianist at 4/14/05 5:40:44 PM

You're wrong.

Does anyone pay attention in middle/high school anymore?

Re: your wrong by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 4/14/05 6:56:51 PM

> I'm not sure if anybody has already informed the general
> public that the information on this site is incorrect, but
> I'm going to do it right now. I have been a Michigan's
> Adventure employee for the past four years and have spent
> the majority of those four years working rides, more
> specificaly Shivering Timbers, The Wolverine Wildcat, and
> the Corkscrew. I have yet to look at the information
> regarding any of the coasters besides Timbers because I
> figure that if you are unable to obtain the correct
> information about a coaster that was voted to be the very
> best wooden roller coster the year after it came out then
> you deffinatly do not have the correct information about
> the lesser coasters. Shivering Timbers lift hill is 125 ft,
> not 122. The drop is 120, not 125. The angle of the first
> hill is 45 degrees. The cars travel at speeds of 65 miles
> per hour and have been clocked going well over 70 mph
> depending on track condition, car condition, weight in the
> car, weather, and a few other factors. Thank you for being
> wrong though. :)

You might want to first tell your employer how wrong they are. I'd go right to the GM's office and demand an explanation if I were you. It's very odd that we both make the same mistakes. I guess URC must be in mutual program with Cedar Fair to lie to the public since my stats are inline with the facts reported on their web site and the manufacturers provided specs.

Further, how about you go bug Duane at rcdb.com while you're at it as well. Why not tell a respected source like him that he's wrong as well.

Oh, but I have an excuse for my error. Did you know that I just put up this entire site today? So of course, there are going to be a few mistakes. Oh, I'm sorry I'm wrong again... spreading those lies. The truth is you're the first one to whine about wrong stats for Shivering Timbers, yet thousands have read that page every month for the past seven years. I think if I were wrong someone would've already notified me and hopefuly through e-mail. Did you notice the link at the bottom that says "Contact Us?"

Eric

P.S. I'm sorry if I come across as rude... I'm really a nice guy.

Re: your wrong by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 4/14/05 7:31:17 PM

> Eric

> P.S. I'm sorry if I come across as rude... I'm really a
> nice guy.
>

No don't go confusing the guy with more lies. He already has shown that he doesn't have a clue how to write, nor how to be polite in checking information that may be incorrect. And now you're going to go spreading around this horrible, viscious lie that you're a nice guy? Please Eric. Anybody who actually READS around here will know better than that. ;)

We all know that you're one of the most disrespectful, ignorant, rudest people around, and that no one likes you. Everybody hates you. Why don't you go eat some worms... :P

and just in case someone thinks I'm serious- try again. :)

Re: your wrong by Coasters_4_ever at 4/14/05 8:25:25 PM

First of all, there are many sites that may be off by a couple feet. Second, whats the big deal about 3ft.? 5ft? There is know reason to correct a site just because they are a few feet off. Also, URC is not wrong anyway, so that makes it even dumber. Last, try e-mailing Eric. I didn't and I ended up being called a "troublemaker". WAAAAAA!!!!!

http://www.coasterimage.com

Re: your wrong by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 4/15/05 2:18:40 PM

jonesmel,

Unfortunately, it is easy to get backlash on this site if you unintentionally, or intentionally rub someone the wrong way. I have seen numerous people blow up over insignifcant stuff here, and they often respond in ways that are just as rude and immature as the original comment that made them mad. (Interesting how a MB can be a synecdoche for the real world)

However, by making the title of your message "your wrong" and then "correcting" the URC with such little tact, you made some folks mad. Honestly, the message was a bit harsh. Please be more diplomatic next time. By the time the folks here saw the smiley face at the end, you had already lost them.

Personally, although having an error of a few feet is not significant, if you are going to quote a statistic, it needs to be right. If you make a post here and are not sure, include a range of heights, or finish it is an "-ish" or "-?" Now, don't worry, because I am not commenting on URC stats here, just individual posts.

> I'm not sure if anybody has already informed the general
> public that the information on this site is incorrect, but
> I'm going to do it right now. I have been a Michigan's
> Adventure employee for the past four years and have spent
> the majority of those four years working rides, more
> specificaly Shivering Timbers, The Wolverine Wildcat, and
> the Corkscrew. I have yet to look at the information
> regarding any of the coasters besides Timbers because I
> figure that if you are unable to obtain the correct
> information about a coaster that was voted to be the very
> best wooden roller coster the year after it came out then
> you deffinatly do not have the correct information about
> the lesser coasters. Shivering Timbers lift hill is 125 ft,
> not 122. The drop is 120, not 125. The angle of the first
> hill is 45 degrees. The cars travel at speeds of 65 miles
> per hour and have been clocked going well over 70 mph
> depending on track condition, car condition, weight in the
> car, weather, and a few other factors. Thank you for being
> wrong though. :)

Re: YOU'RE wrong by Frissbeking at 4/15/05 2:27:13 PM

Thank you for being wrong though. :)

No, thank you for pointing this out to us! I have been losing sleep over this for the past 7 years. The Shivering Timbers fact sheet is the most important thing in my life as of now. I've never thought of a way to inform Eric that his site is wrong but, thanks to you, I no longer have to fret over this life threatening mistake. I thought of e-mail, but that would be too easy, even when I met him in Cali, I thought of telling him to his face, it was bugging me all day of Solace, but I held back. Thanks for taking on this responsibility for me!

Love Always,
Rob :)

PS- If you are so right about this stuff, learn to spell. You are as a contraction is you're.

If you click me, I will make all of your wildest dreams come true.