Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Bavarian Beetle at Paramounts Kings Island

Bavarian Beetle at Paramounts Kings Island

drewbari
Posted: 7/30/04 at 10:40:42 AM
Views: 1811

Does any one know what happened to Bavarian Beetle after PKI removed it. Some one told me that it ended back at Coney Island as Pepsi Python. I belived that, but now i'm not sure any more. Then some one told me it went to Stricker's Grove as Kiddie Coaster, then some one said it looks like Serpent at LeSourdsville Lake . Then I was just looking around on RCDB, and I found this roller Coaster called Zyklon, that is at Fun Spot it looks just like Bavarian Beetle . Bavarian Beetle could be any of these RC's, some one out there has to Know what happened to Bavarian Beetle.

Re: Bavarian Beetle at Paramounts Kings Island by Shaggy Shaggy Profile at 7/30/04 11:15:15 AM

As far as anyone knows... scrapped.

Neither Serpent, nor Pepsi Python (from NJ) nor the kiddie coaster etc etc are the former Beetle.

Side note.... some of PKI's former rides are re-located though... to name a few...

Wheel of Fortune - Sold to Fantasy Farm, but now operates at DelGrossos.
Flying Dutchman - Sold to and operates at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom.
Wild Animal Habitat Monerail - Sold to and is SBNO at Jungle Jims
Screamin Demon - SBNO at Camden as Thunderbolt Express

Shaggy

Re: Bavarian Beetle at Paramounts Kings Island by sparky sparky Profile at 7/30/04 4:24:42 PM

> Neither Serpent, nor Pepsi Python (from NJ) nor
> the kiddie coaster etc etc are the former Beetle.

To clarify, Bavarian Beetle was an SDC Galaxi- the exact same model that Serpent at LeSourdsville Lake is. Pepsi Python is a Pinfari Zyklon. PKD also had an SDC Galaxi at one time, that went under its generic name- on the site now occupied by Shockwave (correct me if I'm wrong).

> Side note.... some of PKI's former rides are
> re-located though... to name a few...

> Wheel of Fortune - Sold to Fantasy Farm, but now
> operates at DelGrossos.
> Flying Dutchman - Sold to and operates at Six
> Flags Kentucky Kingdom.
> Wild Animal Habitat Monerail - Sold to and is
> SBNO at Jungle Jims
> Screamin Demon - SBNO at Camden as Thunderbolt
> Express

Don't forget the Intamin Double Wheel "Zodiac", which was moved to Australia's Wonderland (which as we know closed permanently last month).

-sparky

Re: Bavarian Beetle at Paramounts Kings Island by drewbari at 7/30/04 7:59:13 PM

> Does any one know what happened to Bavarian
> Beetle after PKI removed it. Some one told me
> that it ended back at Coney Island as Pepsi
> Python. I belived that, but now i'm not sure any
> more. Then some one told me it went to Stricker's
> Grove as Kiddie Coaster, then some one said it
> looks like Serpent at LeSourdsville Lake . Then I
> was just looking around on RCDB, and I found this
> roller Coaster called Zyklon, that is at Fun Spot
> it looks just like Bavarian Beetle . Bavarian
> Beetle could be any of these RC's, some one out
> there has to Know what happened to Bavarian
> Beetle.
> I knew that some of PKI's past rides had been moved to other parks.

Re: Bavarian Beetle at Paramounts Kings Island by RobLec RobLec Profile at 7/31/04 9:15:14 AM

> Don't forget the Intamin Double Wheel
> "Zodiac", which was moved to
> Australia's Wonderland (which as we know closed
> permanently last month).

Was that the place with the world's tallest drop tower?
(Sorry my knowledge of Australia is limited).

Re: Bavarian Beetle at Paramounts Kings Island by LONNOL at 7/31/04 9:50:58 AM

> Was that the place with the world's tallest drop
> tower?
> (Sorry my knowledge of Australia is limited).

I believe Dreamworld has the tower.

http://www.dreamworld.com.au/dw/dreamweb.nsf

Adam

Re: Bavarian Beetle at Paramounts Kings Island by LONNOL at 7/31/04 9:53:04 AM

I forgot to mention that Wonderland had one of the best "porn titles for a coaster names" ever: Bush Beast.

Adam

Re: Bavarian Beetle at Paramounts Kings Island by CP_Fan_in_Texas CP_Fan_in_Texas Profile at 7/31/04 10:04:24 AM

> I forgot to mention that Wonderland had one of
> the best "porn titles for a coaster
> names" ever: Bush Beast.

> Adam

LOL, that even beats the Beaver Land Mine Ride.

-Gary

My Coaster Photos