Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > CCI

CCI

jeffrok
Posted: 6/8/03 at 2:38:52 PM
Views: 461

So what did happen to CCI? I missed the story, long time ago... Sure would be nice to have more CCI coasters at Big Chief...

What's the next best woodie company?

Jeff

Re: CCI by Jersey_Joe Jersey_Joe Profile at 6/8/03 2:47:08 PM

> So what did happen to CCI? I missed the story,
> long time ago... Sure would be nice to have more
> CCI coasters at Big Chief...

> What's the next best woodie company?

> Jeff
>

Jeff -- In a nut shell -- Custom Coasters International which was based in West Chester, OH, was founded in 1991 by Denise Dinn Larrick (daughter of coaster designer Charles Dinn) and Randy Larrick. Their main designers are Larry Bill, Chad Miller, Korey Kiepert, and Michael Graham. In recent years, they produced more wooden coasters than any other company. Sadly, the company closed in July 2002. Denise has moved on to start a wooden coaster division of S&S Sports, while the other four recently formed The Gravity Group, LLC.

I believe Denise and Randy divorced and that was the main cause of the company breakup also.

Joe

Jersey Joe's Coaster Pages

Re: CCI by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 6/8/03 4:16:00 PM

Didn't Denise have some sort of tie in to Shivering timbers at MA? I can swear, and you can't, haha, that I saw something on TLC,that Denise's team were the designers of Shivering Timbers. I just thought if it. Any clarification would be exceelent.
Cheers!

Tim.

Re: CCI by loriu loriu Profile at 6/8/03 4:22:56 PM

> Didn't Denise have some sort of tie in to
> Shivering timbers at MA? I can swear, and you
> can't, haha, that I saw something on TLC,that
> Denise's team were the designers of Shivering
> Timbers. I just thought if it. Any clarification
> would be exceelent.
> Cheers!

> Tim.
>
Yes CCI built Shivering Timbers.

Re: CCI by Jersey_Joe Jersey_Joe Profile at 6/8/03 6:51:21 PM

> Didn't Denise have some sort of tie in to
> Shivering timbers at MA? I can swear, and you
> can't, haha, that I saw something on TLC,that
> Denise's team were the designers of Shivering
> Timbers. I just thought if it. Any clarification
> would be exceelent.
> Cheers!

> Tim.
>

Yep, here's a list of CCI woodies:

Boss - Six Flags St. Louis
Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
Cannonball Run - Waterville USA
Cheetah - Wild Adventures
Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
Cyclops - Big Chief Carts and Coasters
Excalibur - Funtown Splashtown USA
Ghostrider - Knott's Berry Farm
Great White - Morey's Piers Legend - Holiday World
Hoosier Hurricane - Indiana Beach
Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain - Indiana Beach
Medusa - Six Flags Mexico
Megaphobia - Oakwood Leisure Park
Mega Zeph - Six Flags New Orleans (Formerly Jazzland)
New Mexico Rattler - Cliff's Amusement Park
Outlaw - Adventureland
Pegasus - Big Chief Carts and Coasters
Rampage - Visionland
Raven - Holiday World
Shivering Timbers - Michigan's Adventure
Silver Comet - Martin's Fantasy Island
Sky Princess - Dutch Wonderland
Stampida - Universal Port Aventura
Timber Terror - Silverwood Theme Park
Tomahawk - Universal Port Aventura
Tremors - Silverwood Theme Park
Twisted Twins - Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom
Villain - Six Flags Worlds of Adventure
Underground - Adventureland
Zach's Zoomer - Michigan's Adventure
Zeus - Big Chief Carts and Coasters

Obviously, some of the best ones out there!

Joe

Jersey Joe's Coaster Pages

Re: CCI by chillforce chillforce Profile at 6/8/03 7:34:43 PM

>

> Yep, here's a list of CCI woodies:

> Boss - Six Flags St. Louis
> Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
> Cannonball Run - Waterville USA
> Cheetah - Wild Adventures
> Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
> Cyclops - Big Chief Carts and Coasters
> Excalibur - Funtown Splashtown USA
> Ghostrider - Knott's Berry Farm
> Great White - Morey's Piers Legend - Holiday
> World
> Hoosier Hurricane - Indiana Beach
> Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain - Indiana
> Beach
> Medusa - Six Flags Mexico
> Megaphobia - Oakwood Leisure Park
> Mega Zeph - Six Flags New Orleans (Formerly
> Jazzland)
> New Mexico Rattler - Cliff's Amusement Park
> Outlaw - Adventureland
> Pegasus - Big Chief Carts and Coasters
> Rampage - Visionland
> Raven - Holiday World
> Shivering Timbers - Michigan's Adventure
> Silver Comet - Martin's Fantasy Island
> Sky Princess - Dutch Wonderland
> Stampida - Universal Port Aventura
> Timber Terror - Silverwood Theme Park
> Tomahawk - Universal Port Aventura
> Tremors - Silverwood Theme Park
> Twisted Twins - Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom
> Villain - Six Flags Worlds of Adventure
> Underground - Adventureland
> Zach's Zoomer - Michigan's Adventure
> Zeus - Big Chief Carts and Coasters

> Obviously, some of the best ones out there!

> Joe

Now put them in order Chronologically, Joe LOL

Ed

Re: CCI by Jersey_Joe Jersey_Joe Profile at 6/8/03 8:26:30 PM

>

> Yep, here's a list of CCI woodies:

> Boss - Six Flags St. Louis
> Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
> Cannonball Run - Waterville USA
> Cheetah - Wild Adventures
> Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
> Cyclops - Big Chief Carts and Coasters
> Excalibur - Funtown Splashtown USA
> Ghostrider - Knott's Berry Farm
> Great White - Morey's Piers Legend - Holiday
> World
> Hoosier Hurricane - Indiana Beach
> Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain - Indiana
> Beach
> Medusa - Six Flags Mexico
> Megaphobia - Oakwood Leisure Park
> Mega Zeph - Six Flags New Orleans (Formerly
> Jazzland)
> New Mexico Rattler - Cliff's Amusement Park
> Outlaw - Adventureland
> Pegasus - Big Chief Carts and Coasters
> Rampage - Visionland
> Raven - Holiday World
> Shivering Timbers - Michigan's Adventure
> Silver Comet - Martin's Fantasy Island
> Sky Princess - Dutch Wonderland
> Stampida - Universal Port Aventura
> Timber Terror - Silverwood Theme Park
> Tomahawk - Universal Port Aventura
> Tremors - Silverwood Theme Park
> Twisted Twins - Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom
> Villain - Six Flags Worlds of Adventure
> Underground - Adventureland
> Zach's Zoomer - Michigan's Adventure
> Zeus - Big Chief Carts and Coasters

> Obviously, some of the best ones out there!

> Joe

> Now put them in order Chronologically, Joe LOL

> Ed
>
OK Ed -- here goes:

SKY PRINCESS - 1992
OUTLAW - 1993
HOOSIER HURRICANE - 5/94
ZACH'S ZOOMER - 7/94
RAVEN - '95
CYCLOPS - '95
CANNONBALL RUN - '95
TIMBER TERROR - '96
GREAT WHITE -'96
UNDERGROUND - '96
MEGAFOBIA - '96
PEGASUS - '96
STAMPIDA - '97
ZEUS - '97
TONNERRE DE ZEUS (WHICH I FORGOT TO LIST BEFORE) - '97
TOMAHAWK - '97
SHIVERING TIMBERS - '98
RAMPAGE - '98
TWISTED TWINS (FORMERLY TWISTED SISTERS) - '98
EXCALIBUR - '98
GHOST RIDER - '98 (DEC)
TREMORS - '99
SILVER COMET - '99
BOSS - 4/29/00
VILLAIN - 5/5/00
HURRICANE - 5/6/00
LEGEND - 2000 (OPENED SAME DAY AS HURRICANE)
MEDUSA - 6/2/00
MEGA ZEPH - 6/7/00
CORNBALL EXPRESS - 5/2001
CHEETAH - 6/2001
LOST COASTER OF SUPERSTITION MOUNTAIN (LOCOSUMA) - 6/2002
NEW MEXICO RATTLER - 9/2002

HAPPY???

Joe

Jersey Joe's Coaster Pages

Re: CCI by chillforce chillforce Profile at 6/8/03 9:04:28 PM

>

> Now put them in order Chronologically, Joe LOL

> Ed
>
> OK Ed -- here goes:

> SKY PRINCESS - 1992
> OUTLAW - 1993
> HOOSIER HURRICANE - 5/94
> ZACH'S ZOOMER - 7/94
> RAVEN - '95
> CYCLOPS - '95
> CANNONBALL RUN - '95
> TIMBER TERROR - '96
> GREAT WHITE -'96
> UNDERGROUND - '96
> MEGAFOBIA - '96
> PEGASUS - '96
> STAMPIDA - '97
> ZEUS - '97
> TONNERRE DE ZEUS (WHICH I FORGOT TO LIST BEFORE)
> - '97
> TOMAHAWK - '97
> SHIVERING TIMBERS - '98
> RAMPAGE - '98
> TWISTED TWINS (FORMERLY TWISTED SISTERS) - '98
> EXCALIBUR - '98
> GHOST RIDER - '98 (DEC)
> TREMORS - '99
> SILVER COMET - '99
> BOSS - 4/29/00
> VILLAIN - 5/5/00
> HURRICANE - 5/6/00
> LEGEND - 2000 (OPENED SAME DAY AS HURRICANE)
> MEDUSA - 6/2/00
> MEGA ZEPH - 6/7/00
> CORNBALL EXPRESS - 5/2001
> CHEETAH - 6/2001
> LOST COASTER OF SUPERSTITION MOUNTAIN (LOCOSUMA)
> - 6/2002
> NEW MEXICO RATTLER - 9/2002

> HAPPY???

I could just, oops, can't asy that here, LOL

Ed

Re: CCI by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 6/8/03 10:40:38 PM

Alright Ed, put them in order of fastest to slowest... don't have to give the speed if you don't want to.

Tim

Re: CCI by chillforce chillforce Profile at 6/8/03 11:22:36 PM

> Alright Ed, put them in order of fastest to
> slowest... don't have to give the speed if you
> don't want to.

> Tim

ROFLMAO and that hurts. Right Tim, and after that I will also give you the number of splinters on each.

Ed

Re: CCI by TheReverend at 6/8/03 11:46:25 PM

>

> Yep, here's a list of CCI woodies:

> Boss - Six Flags St. Louis
> Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
> Cannonball Run - Waterville USA
> Cheetah - Wild Adventures
> Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
> Cyclops - Big Chief Carts and Coasters
> Excalibur - Funtown Splashtown USA
> Ghostrider - Knott's Berry Farm
> Great White - Morey's Piers Legend - Holiday
> World
> Hoosier Hurricane - Indiana Beach
> Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain - Indiana
> Beach
> Medusa - Six Flags Mexico
> Megaphobia - Oakwood Leisure Park
> Mega Zeph - Six Flags New Orleans (Formerly
> Jazzland)
> New Mexico Rattler - Cliff's Amusement Park
> Outlaw - Adventureland
> Pegasus - Big Chief Carts and Coasters
> Rampage - Visionland
> Raven - Holiday World
> Shivering Timbers - Michigan's Adventure
> Silver Comet - Martin's Fantasy Island
> Sky Princess - Dutch Wonderland
> Stampida - Universal Port Aventura
> Timber Terror - Silverwood Theme Park
> Tomahawk - Universal Port Aventura
> Tremors - Silverwood Theme Park
> Twisted Twins - Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom
> Villain - Six Flags Worlds of Adventure
> Underground - Adventureland
> Zach's Zoomer - Michigan's Adventure
> Zeus - Big Chief Carts and Coasters

> Obviously, some of the best ones out there!

> Joe

> Now put them in order Chronologically, Joe LOL

> Ed
>
> OK Ed -- here goes:

> SKY PRINCESS - 1992
> OUTLAW - 1993
> HOOSIER HURRICANE - 5/94
> ZACH'S ZOOMER - 7/94
> RAVEN - '95
> CYCLOPS - '95
> CANNONBALL RUN - '95
> TIMBER TERROR - '96
> GREAT WHITE -'96
> UNDERGROUND - '96
> MEGAFOBIA - '96
> PEGASUS - '96
> STAMPIDA - '97
> ZEUS - '97
> TONNERRE DE ZEUS (WHICH I FORGOT TO LIST BEFORE)
> - '97
> TOMAHAWK - '97
> SHIVERING TIMBERS - '98
> RAMPAGE - '98
> TWISTED TWINS (FORMERLY TWISTED SISTERS) - '98
> EXCALIBUR - '98
> GHOST RIDER - '98 (DEC)
> TREMORS - '99
> SILVER COMET - '99
> BOSS - 4/29/00
> VILLAIN - 5/5/00
> HURRICANE - 5/6/00
> LEGEND - 2000 (OPENED SAME DAY AS HURRICANE)
> MEDUSA - 6/2/00
> MEGA ZEPH - 6/7/00
> CORNBALL EXPRESS - 5/2001
> CHEETAH - 6/2001
> LOST COASTER OF SUPERSTITION MOUNTAIN (LOCOSUMA)
> - 6/2002
> NEW MEXICO RATTLER - 9/2002

> HAPPY???

> Joe

LOL - Joe...there are few people in this world who have less of a life than me. I'm concerned about you
(LOL)
-The Rev

http://wildonescoasterclub.tripod.com

Re: CCI by Jersey_Joe Jersey_Joe Profile at 6/9/03 7:47:00 AM

> LOL - Joe...there are few people in this world
> who have less of a life than me. I'm concerned
> about you
> (LOL)
> -The Rev

>

Hey Rev -- Would it help if I told ya that it was a word document that I simply cut and pasted. Someone else made up the list and sent it to me a while back. LOL!

I will say a prayer that your life gets a bit more exciting. Deal?

Peace!

Joe

Jersey Joe's Coaster Pages

Re: CCI by TheReverend at 6/9/03 10:44:02 AM

> LOL - Joe...there are few people in this world
> who have less of a life than me. I'm concerned
> about you
> (LOL)
> -The Rev

>

> Hey Rev -- Would it help if I told ya that it was
> a word document that I simply cut and pasted.
> Someone else made up the list and sent it to me a
> while back. LOL!

LOL - I was hoping that SOMEONE would be on a lower "rung" than me - but that may just not be possible

> I will say a prayer that your life gets a bit
> more exciting. Deal?

Deal. But you're gonna have to be praying pretty hard
(lol)

-The Rev

> Peace!

> Joe
>

http://wildonescoasterclub.tripod.com

Re: CCI by CedarPointFan at 6/9/03 12:12:04 PM

> Yep, here's a list of CCI woodies:

> Outlaw - Adventureland

I just took another unplanned coaster trip to Worlds of Fun and this park was half way there. I had never heard of it till the radio commercial, but I had to stop and check it out on my way back. Just looking at the construction of Outlaw (and later the way it rode the track), I thought this was a CCI, but there was no sign and the trains and airgates were a bit different. I guess my first hunch was right after all.

This coaster has buzzbars, a seat divider, and one seatbelt for both seats. Decent laterals for its size but no air. Some parts seem like you almost get there, but the drops are not fast enough. I did wonder what a night ride on a wet track would have been like, but I did not stay long enough to find out even though there was some rain.

This is the best of the three coasters at Adventureland.

Dave

Re: CCI by Shaft_STL Shaft_STL Profile at 6/9/03 6:00:43 PM

> Decent laterals for
> its size but no air. Some parts seem like you
> almost get there, but the drops are not fast
> enough. I did wonder what a night ride on a wet
> track would have been like, but I did not stay
> long enough to find out even though there was
> some rain.

Designed by Mike Boodley now of GCI...go figure.

Re: CCI by CP_Fan_in_Texas CP_Fan_in_Texas Profile at 6/9/03 6:08:38 PM

> LOL - I was hoping that SOMEONE would be on a
> lower "rung" than me - but that may
> just not be possible

That would be me, believe me......

Re: CCI by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 6/9/03 11:37:16 PM

Ed, I'm still waiting on the list from fastest to slowest. LOL! I don't care about the splinters.

Impatiently waiting for Ed's list,

Tim.

Re: CCI by chillforce chillforce Profile at 6/10/03 12:45:44 AM

> Ed, I'm still waiting on the list from fastest to
> slowest. LOL! I don't care about the splinters.

> Impatiently waiting for Ed's list,

> Tim.

Try holding your breath Tim, LOL

Ed

Re: CCI by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 6/10/03 8:39:01 AM

Try holding your breath Tim, LOL

Ed

That's pretty funny, Ed. I knew, you couldn't do it. Another let down. LOL! j/k

Tim,
Who thinks Ed is a failure. ROFLMAO!

Re: CCI by leanna at 6/7/21 1:46:20 PM
Denise, didn't she have anything to do with Shivering Timbers at MA? I swear I saw something on TLC claiming Denise's team was the designers of Shivering Timbers, and you can't, haha. I was simply considering it. Any clarity would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.premiumthcshop.com/product/lions-breath-carts/