Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > I saw a roller coaster on a movie last night, the movie summer school.

I saw a roller coaster on a movie last night, the movie summer school.

Posted: 7/11/02 at 2:15:55 PM
Views: 2180

I saw this movie last night and me and my brother were fighting over where it was, I knew right away it was corkscrew at cedar point, but he thinks it was at Knott's, I know he's wrong because they're is'nt a corkscrew in CA, but I just wanted to ask you if it was at cedar point, anybody else seen it.

Gavin

Re: I saw a roller coaster on a movie last night, the movie summer school. by junebugg junebugg Profile at 7/11/02 2:29:23 PM

> I saw this movie last night and me and my brother
> were fighting over where it was, I knew right
> away it was corkscrew at cedar point, but he
> thinks it was at Knott's, I know he's wrong
> because they're is'nt a corkscrew in CA, but I
> just wanted to ask you if it was at cedar point,
> anybody else seen it.

> Gavin

If the movie you are referring to is *Summer School* starring Mark Harmon and Kirstie Alley then your brother is right and you are wrong. It was filmed at Knott's. The ride has long been removed from there.

- junebugg

Another thing......... by junebugg junebugg Profile at 7/11/02 2:35:20 PM

Just for reference, here' a link to the RCDB for info on the ride and where it is now.

http://www.rcdb.com/installationdetail177.htm

- junebugg

Yepp Knott's it is! by hostyl1 at 7/11/02 2:52:15 PM

Also, if you would have noticed in the movie, there was no vertical loop on the ride. Hence, it could not be Cedar Point's Corkscrew. If you watched the credits, they gave a shout out to Knotts as well

Re: BLASTED! my brother was right! GWAAAAA!, lol. Thanks for the help n/m by MMountainMan MMountainMan Profile at 7/11/02 7:48:44 PM