Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Why Does URC Have So Many "Pop-Ups"???

Why Does URC Have So Many "Pop-Ups"???

Star-Jet
Posted: 9/3/02 at 8:07:04 PM
Views: 1789

Evertime I log onto URC and the forums, I get swamped by those annoying pop-up ads. Luckily, I have "Pop-Up Killer", but that can even be annoying after a while. It doesn't fully block the pop-up. What happens is, each pop-up appears for a split second, then "boom b-b-b-boom!". When I log onto certain sites, including URC, that have a lot of pop-ups, it often sounds like I'm playing some kind of shooting game when Pop-Up Killer is removing all the pop-up ads. Is there any other way of eliminating pop-up ads??? For me, they are just as annoying as telemarketers!!!

Re: Why Does URC Have So Many "Pop-Ups"??? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 9/3/02 8:26:25 PM

> Evertime I log onto URC and the forums, I get
> swamped by those annoying pop-up ads. Luckily, I
> have "Pop-Up Killer", but that can even
> be annoying after a while. It doesn't fully block
> the pop-up. What happens is, each pop-up appears
> for a split second, then "boom
> b-b-b-boom!". When I log onto certain sites,
> including URC, that have a lot of pop-ups, it
> often sounds like I'm playing some kind of
> shooting game when Pop-Up Killer is removing all
> the pop-up ads. Is there any other way of
> eliminating pop-up ads??? For me, they are just
> as annoying as telemarketers!!!

Methinks the good Eric is actually thinking of us users by including pop-ups (as opposed to thinking only of himself).
If not for ads, this site would possibly/probably have to hit us up for user fees.
Mike B.

Re: Why Does URC Have So Many "Pop-Ups"??? by chillforce chillforce Profile at 9/3/02 11:24:03 PM

Eric uses the pop ups to defray as much of the cost of URC as possible. A good URC user would hit on the pop ups to help Eric pay for the site we so willingly use for free.

Ed

Re: Why Does URC Have So Many "Pop-Ups"??? by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 9/4/02 1:24:32 PM

I am sorry that there are so many pop-up ads, but the problem is advertising no longer covers the costs of running this site like it used to. The pop-up ads pay and the traditional banners do not.

It is something that we've all kind of got to accept until a new way comes about for paying the bills.

Eric

Re: Why Does URC Have So Many "Pop-Ups"??? by Fraser Fraser Profile at 9/6/02 4:43:43 AM

> It is something that we've all kind of got to
> accept until a new way comes about for paying the
> bills.

Don't worry Eric, I've decided to win the lottery this Saturday so I'll donate some of my hard gotten gains to this site!

Re: Why Does URC Have So Many "Pop-Ups"??? by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 9/7/02 6:38:40 AM

> Don't worry Eric, I've decided to win the lottery
> this Saturday so I'll donate some of my hard
> gotten gains to this site!

I really hope you win and not for my sake, but for the sake of all the users who will enjoy the URC "pop-up" free.

Eric

Re: Why Does URC Have So Many "Pop-Ups"??? by Fraser Fraser Profile at 9/7/02 7:38:29 PM

> I really hope you win and not for my sake, but
> for the sake of all the users who will enjoy the
> URC "pop-up" free.

Sorry...shamefaced...didn't win. Only one bleedin' number came up. Ah well...there's always Wednesday's draw!