Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > The vending machine ate my dollar...

The vending machine ate my dollar...

Hollywood
Posted: 9/3/02 at 2:22:26 PM
Views: 1869

You would think that with all the advances today in technology (coasters are a great example) that someone could design a soda machine that actually provides the requested beverage after inserting your money.

Imagine how many additional coaster trips I could take each year with all that money saved :-)

Re: The vending machine ate my dollar... by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 9/3/02 3:10:48 PM

I have more problems with vending machines not accepting my money than with them stealing my money.

You would think that someone who's in business to make money would design a machine to take your money.

Of course in your case they really made money. :-)

Eric

Re: The vending machine ate my dollar... by Hollywood at 9/3/02 3:34:13 PM

If only the Mountain Dew was not so cold, delicious, and refreshing, I would not be faced with this situation :-)

Then again, if I was a smart man, I would just buy a case of it for $5 and keep it at my desk, rather than spending $14 on individual cans each day!

Re: The vending machine ate my dollar... by chillforce chillforce Profile at 9/3/02 11:15:01 PM

As far as the Cake and candy bar Machine, the one with the big glass face, be careful. I found paydirt as many do not realize it has an inner lip and many products especially the candy bars get caught in them and you cannot see it. I hit gold the other day with what I scraped out of there, with about 6 machines now to scope, I may have to do that daily LOL

Ed

Re: The vending machine ate my dollar... by THE_BEASTmaster at 9/4/02 2:42:48 AM

> You would think that with all the advances today
> in technology (coasters are a great example) that
> someone could design a soda machine that actually
> provides the requested beverage after inserting
> your money.

> Imagine how many additional coaster trips I could
> take each year with all that money saved :-)

Well the vending machine where I work gives you a free bottle of Mountain Dew. We don't say anything about it though.

Re: The vending machine ate my dollar... by Hollywood at 9/5/02 8:27:29 AM

> Well the vending machine where I work gives you a
> free bottle of Mountain Dew. We don't say
> anything about it though.

Free Mountain Dew??? Are you hiring??? :-)

Re: The vending machine ate my dollar... by THE_BEASTmaster at 9/5/02 9:59:06 AM

LOL! That was funny. :-)

Re: The vending machine ate my dollar... by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 9/10/02 3:16:37 PM

> You would think that with all the advances today
> in technology (coasters are a great example) that
> someone could design a soda machine that actually
> provides the requested beverage after inserting
> your money.

> Imagine how many additional coaster trips I could
> take each year with all that money saved :-)

The real problem with the vending machines in the US are not the machines but rather that stupid paper dollar you have to stuff into the machine. Your civil liberties will not be compromised if you give up on that paper US$ and start using the $1 coin.

PCW Junkies

Re: The vending machine ate my dollar... by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 9/10/02 3:18:09 PM

> I have more problems with vending machines not
> accepting my money than with them stealing my
> money.

> You would think that someone who's in business to
> make money would design a machine to take your
> money.

> Of course in your case they really made money.
> :-)

> Eric

Looks like you support my $1 US Coin usage?

PCW Junkies

Re: The vending machine ate my dollar... by Hollywood at 9/12/02 10:05:46 AM

> Looks like you support my $1 US Coin usage?

I support anything that will allow me to receive the requested product when I give it my hard earned money :-)

I read something funny the other day: did you know that more people are killed each year in vending machine accidents than are killed by wolf attacks?

Re: The vending machine ate my dollar... by PendenTom at 9/17/02 8:32:21 PM

> You would think that with all the advances today in
> technology (coasters are a great example) that someone
> could design a soda machine that actually provides the
> requested beverage after inserting your money.

> Imagine how many additional coaster trips I could take each
> year with all that money saved :-)

> Isn't It funny how many replies you've gotten, oh, just kick that sucker, u may not get the drink you wanted , hey you dont even need to put money in:)

Re: The vending machine ate my dollar... by Shaun at 9/25/02 3:01:04 AM

What I want to know is why you even use paper money anyway. You realise that you can have plastic notes. Over here we have plastic notes and they are heaps better, they don't rip, they can go through the washing machine, they last a lot long... I could just keep going on and on and on :)

While i'm here what's with the whole Imperial system? It's crazy. 12 Inches = a foot, 3 feet = a yard who knows how many feet is in a mile! it doesn't make any sense? The metric system is so much easier to learn and to use in every day life :)

Get with the times america :) lol sorry......

Anyway back to the topic, The vending machines here only acept coins anyway.

Anyway you Americans are alright, I'm only playing with ya

Shaun

Re: The vending machine ate my dollar... by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 9/25/02 12:34:37 PM

The irony of your response is that you responded to a Canadian who has the Metric system and $1 & $2 coins. I grew up with the old imperial system but Canada switched to Metric in the early 70's. I know both but my kids only know metric.

PCW Junkies On Ride Photos of Fear