Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > To All You Metalheads Out There Like Me!

To All You Metalheads Out There Like Me!

THE BEASTmaster
Posted: 11/21/01 at 2:20:41 AM
Views: 1535

I just met the drummer of the metal band "Skinlab". A buddy of mine grew up with him in Cincinnati. My buddy came in to get his paycheck and the drummer was with him. I was really nervous at first, but then I kept my cool and I was asking him questions left and right. The reason I was talking to the drummer is because I play drums to as a little hobby. I did egt his autograph too. Anyone else get to met a famous rock band member?

Bill Yost

Coaster Shots

Re: To All You Metalheads Out There Like Me! by Memphomaniac at 11/21/01 1:33:25 PM

Back in the 80's I met Vince Neil, Mick Marrs, Nikki Sixx & Tommy Lee.
In '93 went and seen the band Life Sex & Death and ended up meeting and hangin out with them after the show. cool bunch of guys!
Went to the N.A.M.M. show in Nashville, Tn in '94 and met Paul Gilbert(Mr Big, Racer X), Alan Holdsworth, Gene Simmons(Kiss), Paul Stanley(Kiss), Eric Singer(Kiss), Bruce Kulick(Kiss) and Gary Pihl(Boston).
Then about a year later went to another convention in Nashville and met John Regan, Todd Howarth, Ritchie Scarlet(all from Frehley's Comet) and met Bruce Kulick again.
And when Kiss played Memphis in '96 I met Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Peter Criss and Ace Frehley. Got sigs from all except Peter Criss, he wouldnt sign anything for anyone.
geez, I must sound like a Kiss freak :)~
peace,
Al

Re: To All You Metalheads Out There Like Me! by Pantera Psycho at 11/25/01 7:26:51 PM

I gotta say, I have been a Skinlab fan for a LONG time (even own one of the only 5000 copies of Eyesore), and I think that is so awesome that you got to meet a member of the band, especially their drummer, because that guy's a seriously good drummer, rhythmically better than most of the drummers out there today.

Me, I've had my meetings with a few guys. I've had the chance to meet Nick and SOB from Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society at Ozzfest this past year, they just came out into the crowd after Slipknot's set, they were very nice guys, and both of them signed my BLS shirt that I was wearing at the time. Very friendly guys, I can't say enough about them. I've also had the chance to meet a few sports stars in my day, although I'm not the biggest sports fan out there (although I still enjoy them). My old high school's football team actually lost (haha!) the state championship game (mixing sports and music here) last night to Downers Grove South high school, the school where the band The Blue Meanies (one of the few ska bands I like) went, also I'm not 100% sure on this, but I do think that the one and only Macho Man: Randy Savage graduated from there too. Outside of that, not much has happened though, my brother's friend is good friends with Shawn Crahan from Slipkknot, my friend Ryan has got to meet tons of bands, but from me the next best thing is getting to walk by the band Reveille after a show, man, their drummer's tiny, they were a good live band though (not huge on their albums though).

PS- Did you get any info on when the new Skinlab CD was coming? Last I heard was that it'd be the second week of Feb.

Re: To All You Metalheads Out There Like Me! by THE BEASTmaster at 11/25/01 11:06:57 PM

>PS- Did you get any info on when the new Skinlab CD >was coming? Last I heard was that it'd be the second >week of Feb.

I asked Paul, the drummer, when their new album is comin' out, and I think he did say Feb. The title of the new album is such a long name, I trouble remebering what Paul said it was called.

Bill Yost

Coaster Shots

Re: To All You Metalheads Out There Like Me! by Pantera Psycho at 11/27/01 2:28:33 AM

Something like The Revolting Room: Disturbing the Art of Expression, but written all weird with strange stuff around the name and stuff like that. It's on http://www.skinlab1.com

Re: Yeah, That's it! :-) N?M by THE BEASTmaster at 11/27/01 10:05:51 AM