Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Open Topic > Just saw Harry Potter...

Just saw Harry Potter...

NEO-
Posted: 11/17/01 at 9:32:43 AM
Views: 1401

Just saw harry potter the morning it came out and it was an average movie. It was very long and my but started to hurt in the theatre chairs. Very cool grapics and an amazing cast, but it was just adventure after adventure, then again i am a huge fan of any movie and the harry potter books so i think i would give it...................................................................................8.5 out of 10.

Mac

Re: Just saw Harry Potter... by Fraser Fraser Profile at 11/18/01 3:08:56 PM

A quick question.

Are you american? And if so-what did they do everytime they mentioned the "philosopher's stone"? Did they overdub the word philosopher with sorceror?

It's strange that everywhere else in the world it's called HP and the philosopher's stone-but in USA they have decided that philosopher is too intellectual a term to sell a movie. If I were American I would be feeling highly patronised at the moment.

By the way-I disagree about the length of the film. I thought it sped by.

I'd give it 8.5/10 too.

Re: Just saw Harry Potter... by NEO- at 11/18/01 9:38:03 PM

Im proudly canadian and it did not sound dubbed over, i think that in canada and Britan it the philosophers stone, cool movie.

Just saw Harry Potter... and a bit for FotR by Brongaar at 11/22/01 11:28:15 PM

I saw it was dubbed too... but I didnt know what it was dubbed from... I know the legend of the real Philosipher's stone.. and it JKR did a good parallel to the reference...

Great SFX, good story, lots of action.. and a 7 year-old nephew lost at the concept...

Cant wait for Fellowship of the Ring...