The Turn Of NY + DC Events
For those of you that do not know the full story, here is what happened:
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Terrorists struck the United States Tuesday morning in harrowing, widespread attacks that included at least three commercial jet crashes into significant buildings.
• In the first attack, a plane hits the north tower of the World Trade Center in Manhattan shortly before 9 a.m., followed by another plane into the second tower about 20 minutes later. Both towers later collapse.
• About an hour later, a plane crashes into the Pentagon, part of which later collapses.
• American Airlines tells CNN that it lost two planes, both en route to Los Angeles: American Flight 11 from Boston with 81 passengers and 11 crew aboard is lost. This is believed, but not confirmed, to have been one of the planes that crashed into the trade center. ... American Flight 77, a Boeing 757 from Washington Dulles airport to Los Angeles with 58 passengers and six crew is unaccounted for. Witness says plane that hit Pentagon was an American Airlines Boeing 757.
• United Airlines loses two planes: United Airlines Flight 93 airliner headed from Newark, New Jersey, to San Francisco, crashes near Somerset, Pennsylvania -- police say initial reports indicate no survivors. ... United confirms the crash of Flight 175 from Boston to Los Angeles with 56 passengers and seven crew aboard. It's possible, but not confirmed, that this is the second plane that hit the World Trade Center.
• FBI sources said all four planes that crashed had been hijacked.
• The Pentagon, the White House, the State Department, the Justice Department, the Capitol, the CIA and all other government buildings in Washington are evacuated.
• President Bush calls the crashes "a national tragedy." Later in the day, Bush issues a statement from Barksdale AFB near Shreveport, Louisiana. "Make no mistake: The United States will hunt down and punish those responsible for these cowardly acts."
• In the first-ever national ground stop of aircraft, all flights nationwide are stopped at their departure airports.
• International flights are initially diverted to Canada; FAA says later, however, that 22 U.S.-bound international flights will be allowed to land.
• Mullah Abdul Salam Zaeef, the Taliban ambassador to Pakistan, says in reaction to the terror attacks that "we want to tell the American children that Afghanistan feels your pain and we hope that the courts find justice."
• In New York, more than 10,000 rescue personnel rush to the scene. Evacuation of lower Manhattan begins.
• Israel evacuates all of its missions around the world.
• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta is evacuated. CDC prepares bioterrorism teams in case they become necessary.
• Philadelphia landmarks are evacuated.
• In Chicago, the Sears Tower is evacuated; United Nations in New York is evacuated.
• Five battleships and two aircraft are deployed along the East Coast of the United States, and two aircraft carriers go to New York area, all from Norfolk, Virginia.
• The New York Port Authority closes all bridges and tunnels into the city.
• U.S. stock markets close after the New York attacks.
• NATO sends home all non-essential personnel from its Brussels, Belgium, headquarters.
• The Immigration and Naturalization Service puts the U.S. borders with Mexico and Canada on highest state of alert.
• Los Angeles International Airport is evacuated.
• Disney closes its parks in Orlando, Florida, and Disneyland in Anaheim, California.
• FEMA implements plan established for such events: FBI leads investigation, and Justice Deptartment heads crisis management.
• Three Palestinian groups -- Hamas, the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine and Islamic Jihad -- deny responsibility for the attacks, but blame U.S. policies in the Mideast.
• Mayor Anthony Williams of Washington, D.C., declares a state of emergency.
• A Delta flight makes emergency landing in Cleveland and all passengers are safely evacuated. Federal officials search the plane for a possible bomb.
...This is very scary, considering I live in Chicago. It would be very easy to hi-jack a plane here in Chicago... wait THERE WAS... that plane that crashed near Pittsburg came from O'Hare Arpt. in Chicago... the terrorists could have very easily slammed into the Sears Tower. PEace to everyone and their families that suffered any kind of loss from these turn of events.
I know I've said it in other replies, but seriously, those involved will pay a HEAVY price to the government when they're found, and if I ever run into them, they'll wish they were in the hands of the government.
Weird things that relate to me and the disaster today:
Slayer's new CD titled "God Hates Us All" is released today.
In the mail today I received a CD from Faith No More called We Care A Lot, on it is a song called "Arabian Disco"
Also I got something else in the mail today, I won it off ebay earlier, it's a tape with the bands SOD and MOD on it, SOD is well known for a song off their first album "Speak English or Die" called "F--- the Middle East" those songs are such jokes, but today I feel so much more serious about the lyrics today. I don't mean that towards the entire middle east, just the few cowards involved in the pathetic attack, to them all I say is bring it on, it'll take a whole lot more to bring down the US.
One more thing, I forgot to do a homework assignment last night for a 10:00 class this morning, and that class was now cancelled, so I have an extra couple days to get it done, but I got it done this morning anyway.
Just a few strange things I thought I'd like you to know. Take care.
You my friend need counseling. I read your last post, as well as others, and wishing death upon others is exactly what got us into this mess in the first place. It is not neccisarry for us to publicly bash certain races. Do not blame groups for an individual's acts. And as for the God aspect, some say that this is a test of faith. If you believe, Satan, or whatever evil exists, has struck the heart of the free world, a world that stands for freedom and equality for all humans. These happenings are a test of faith. Do you think God, whoever he may be, would create us, and then do such a thing. Now is not the time to stray from the good, but to, as I have stated in other posts, pray, not curse. Your prayers will be listened to and used, your cursing just wastes valuable air.
You, my friend, need to look at this from all sides of the coin.
Hey, I didn't write those songs, it was more of joke more than anything. Yes, I was a little bit extreme in wishing death upon those countries including the innocent, but I don't find it wrong to wish death and agony to whoever did this, it's called justice my friend, and it needs to be carried out. Yes, I do have a violent temper, but I'm not the only one wishing death upon whoever did this. I do believe in the death penalty only in EXTREME circumstances, and if you don't believe in it at all, fine, just don't push your beliefs on me, that's another thing that got us into it. Last night I did pray for both the terrorists who did this, and every single victim in this entire country from New York to California, so don't come to conclusions so fast there son.
Oh, and by the way, why are you picking me out? Have you read any of the other responses, especially on the other forums? What I've been saying is light compared to what some of our other, and many of our older posters are putting down. So why did you pick me out? I'm curious, maybe I'm getting paranoid, but is it because my s/n bares the name of a heavy metal band and we all need help in your opinion? I'm really curious, because there's a lot worse on here than what I've posted.