Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Millennium Coaster - Short Review

Millennium Coaster - Short Review

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
5/19/00 at
3:49:11 PM

Views: 496

I guess some of you have been on this ride now, so please tell me what you think of it. Here's my review:

I arrive in Ingoldmells (Summer '99) having never seen a picture of MRC. I am impressed with it, as I really wasn't expecting Dragon Khan. I pay my 4.

The first drop is great. You really get yanked down in the back seat. I feel like Captain America jumping off a building (even though he doesn't do that much).

Into vertical loop No.1, good acrobatics. Then a curiously long straight into a 2nd inversion (sidewinder?) and round a 360 degree turn up in the air. Here comes the highlight of the ride.

You are thrust with great negative gravity down a drop. This is followed by the 2nd vertical loop.

Now is a dull, undulating section of track which doesn't produce the forces you might think it would.

The ride is saved by a great photo-helix.

I like this coaster, and at least it's custom-designed!

Graeme.

Re: Millennium Coaster - Short Review by SkyDave at 5/21/00 5:44:00 PM

Sounds like a good ride, But 4 a pop... Yeowch. I know there are lots of stories of people going to bigger parks, paying 20 and only getting one or two rides, but this seems awfully heavy. Even BPB has never chewed that much money per ride - there are ususally discounts to be had for it.

Re: Millennium Coaster - Short Review by Cal at 5/22/00 10:27:51 AM

> Sounds like a good ride, But 4 a pop... Yeowch.
> I know there are lots of stories of people going
> to bigger parks, paying 20 and only getting one
> or two rides, but this seems awfully heavy. Even
> BPB has never chewed that much money per ride -
> there are ususally discounts to be had for it.

Well, the Big One is 4.20, but with discount tickets or a wristband it doesn't work out that bad. Still, Millennium is hardly a ground-breaking ride like Big One was. It does seem a bit steep.

Cal

Re: Millennium Coaster - Short Review by Lyndon (Wales) at 5/22/00 7:21:23 PM

> Well, the Big One is 4.20, but with discount
> tickets or a wristband it doesn't work out that
> bad. Still, Millennium is hardly a
> ground-breaking ride like Big One was. It does
> seem a bit steep.

> Cal

Actually, they've put the prices up this season & PMBO is now 4.50 a go! Incidently, I think the only thing G.T. has got against B&M is that a certain other park already has two of them. Also, I hear that Vekoma don't actually build custom SLC's, but if they were offered enough, I'm sure they could be persuaded!

Custom SLCs by Cal at 5/23/00 6:48:29 AM

There is already a custom SLC in Saudi Arabia. It has the same elements in the same order but the shape is very different, perhaps to cope with space and terrain. I'm sure they could stretch themselves to do something a bit different for the right price as you say. I think the reason most of their rides are "off the shelf" is because they're quick, easy, proven and economical for parks who can't afford custom rides.

Cal

Re: Custom SLCs by Lyndon at 5/23/00 7:36:05 PM

> There is already a custom SLC in Saudi Arabia. It
> has the same elements in the same order but the
> shape is very different, perhaps to cope with
> space and terrain. I'm sure they could stretch
> themselves to do something a bit different for
> the right price as you say. I think the reason
> most of their rides are "off the shelf"
> is because they're quick, easy, proven and
> economical for parks who can't afford custom
> rides.

> Cal

Point proven, then. If you have the cash ...