Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Has anyone ridden the woodie(s) with the Vekomas trains-Please reply!!

Has anyone ridden the woodie(s) with the Vekomas trains-Please reply!!

PINK FLOYD FANATIC

Posted:
5/16/00 at
3:07:15 PM

Views: 592

At least one European woodie has those new Vekomas woodie trains which are like GCI trains but are 3 bench trains! I would like a trip report and would like know how roomy the trains are and does the lapbars stay in place of do they ratchet down during the ride?! The trains looks very nice in the pictures I saw on the website!

Re: Has anyone ridden the woodie(s) with the Vekomas trains-Please rep by Tonny at 5/16/00 3:19:41 PM

> At least one European woodie has those new
> Vekomas woodie trains which are like GCI trains
> but are 3 bench trains! I would like a trip
> report and would like know how roomy the trains
> are and does the lapbars stay in place of do they
> ratchet down during the ride?! The trains looks
> very nice in the pictures I saw on the website!

Yep, I did. I live 1.5 hours away from Six Flags Holland. Robin Hood was my first wooden coaster, but I do know the trains were veeeeeeeeeery comfortable!!!!!!!! And the track is super smooth, when you compare it to my second wooden coaster: Wild Wild West.

Re: Has anyone ridden the woodie(s) with the Vekomas trains by Rob at 5/16/00 7:10:36 PM

Robin Hood is a straightforward out and back. It will be interesting to see how the long wheelbase Vekoma trains work out on the Norway coaster Tusenfrid which is a twister.

Re: But what about the lapbars?? Do they ratchet down????(nm) by PINK FLOYD FANATIC at 5/18/00 12:31:37 AM

Re: But what about the lapbars?? Do they ratchet down????(nm) by d n s u at 5/20/00 7:46:03 PM

dunno...but the bars on the Antelope (Gulliver's World, Warrington) ratchet up.

Re: Has anyone ridden the woodie(s) with the Vekomas trains-Please rep by Dirk Brouwers at 5/26/00 12:56:57 PM

> At least one European woodie has those new
> Vekomas woodie trains which are like GCI trains
> but are 3 bench trains! I would like a trip
> report and would like know how roomy the trains
> are and does the lapbars stay in place of do they
> ratchet down during the ride?! The trains looks
> very nice in the pictures I saw on the website!

WOOHOO! Nice, nice, nice coaster... and about the trains... I can sit in those chairs for ours... zzzZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzz.... (but the coaster is great!)

Please visit my hp... (about SFH)
User Submitted Picture

SIX FLAGS HOLLAND PICTURES PAGE!