Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Busch Entertainment Announce 4 Park Resort in Dubai

Busch Entertainment Announce 4 Park Resort in Dubai

Posted: 2/29/08 at 9:57:06 AM
Views: 2546

Photobucket

Busch Entertainment have announced they plan to develop Worlds of Discovery, a 4 park resort situated in the crown of the Palm Jebel Ali in Dubai, currently the world's largest man-made island

World of Discovery will have a SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens and Aquatica waterpark

Nakheel, the real estate developer who are constructing the palms, will build and operate the parks, and Busch Entertainment will license its brands to Nakheel and operate the parks under a management contract

According to a release, Worlds of Discovery also will include resort hotels, spas, shops and restaurants. Preliminary design work and site planning is under way, and the first phase is expected to open in 2012.

Photobucket

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Busch Entertainment Announce 4 Park Resort in Dubai by Graeme Graeme Profile at 2/29/08 11:23:26 AM

> World of Discovery will have a SeaWorld, Discovery Cove,
> Busch Gardens and Aquatica waterpark

Sounds ideal.

Just for fun, what rides would everyone here put into the Busch Gardens park? I'd have:

B&M Floorless (based on Kraken)
B&M Inverted (based on Montu/Talon)
B&M Junior hyper (based on La Ronde's Goliath)

I also think they'll have a near-clone of Shiekra or Griffon.

Re: Busch Entertainment Announce 4 Park Resort in Dubai by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 2/29/08 12:15:15 PM

> B&M Floorless (based on Kraken)
> B&M Inverted (based on Montu/Talon)
> B&M Junior hyper (based on La Ronde's Goliath)

Nice trio there, Actually i wonder if the Busch Gardens will be like the Tampa version with a large intergrated zoo, or like the Williamsburg park which although has a small animal exhbit is 90% a traditional theme park

> Just for fun, what rides would everyone here put into the
> Busch Gardens park?

SeaWorld
-----------------------------
Atlantis - based more on a dark ride, like the orlando version would probably use the mack water coaster

Rapids / Coaster hybird - Maurer have long had models of their xtended water ride which combines a spinning coaster and a free floating rapids ride - think a SeaWorld park would be a great home for one of these, they'd use teh ride system well to tell a story of a mythical sea beast

Stingray - a "stingray" themed B&M Flying coaster is rumoured for the Orlando park, would be a great addition as its a thrill ride but not too extreme for the SeaWorld auidence

Steel Eel - mega-lite style coaster from intamin to give a slender slither to the eel, would be a fantastic signature ride

Loch Ness Monster - vekoma custom looping coaster with the interlocking loops, again its accessible to a wider auidence than a kraken, which would work better for SeaWorld maybe add a tilting platform or thrill lift element to make the ride more unique

and a Shamu Express (zierer impression of a roller skater) for the little ones of course ;)

Busch Gardens
-----------------------------
B&M Multi Looper - Dragon Khan/Kumba old school B&M giant with the wildfire style trains maybe a Drachen Fire's revenge!

GCI Duelling/Racing Woodie - more lightning racer than a gwazi headache please ;)

Alpengiest - there aren't enough really giant inverters around, but then again i do like the rip your feet off intensity of Montu's batwing element

Mack SuperSplash/Dark Ride - to have a seperate identity from the SeaWorld water rides, i'd go for a supersplash with a dark ride section, just like Williamsburg's Escape from Pompeii, i'd also install a traditional log flume

Rhino Rally - if its going to be a zoolike busch gardens, the off road bumpy safari/water adventure ride combo is a must

Dark Kastle - 5d/spiderman style open top simulator on a track

Re: Busch Entertainment Announce 4 Park Resort in Dubai by Graeme Graeme Profile at 2/29/08 5:19:58 PM

> Nice trio there, Actually i wonder if the Busch Gardens
> will be like the Tampa version with a large intergrated
> zoo, or like the Williamsburg park which although has a
> small animal exhbit is 90% a traditional theme park

I think it will be like the Tampa park, due to having the flat land and blazing heat in common.

> SeaWorld
> -----------------------------
> Stingray - a "stingray" themed B&M Flying coaster
> is rumoured for the Orlando park, would be a great addition
> as its a thrill ride but not too extreme for the SeaWorld
> auidence

> Steel Eel - mega-lite style coaster from intamin to give a
> slender slither to the eel, would be a fantastic signature
> ride

I like the sound of them very much.

> Busch Gardens
> -----------------------------
> B&M Multi Looper - Dragon Khan/Kumba old school B&M giant
> with the wildfire style trains maybe a Drachen Fire's
> revenge!

Oh, WildFire trains. That'd be great.

> GCI Duelling/Racing Woodie - more lightning racer than a
> gwazi headache please ;)

Hehe, funnily enough, I didn't associate Gwazi with the modern, Millennium Flyer-equipped GCIs, which was wrong of me, because a) I haven't been on it and b) it would be ideal. You definitely need a medium-sized non-looper, as junior coasters are too small, and hypers are too big (if you don't have a medium coaster as well, I mean).

> Mack SuperSplash/Dark Ride - to have a seperate identity
> from the SeaWorld water rides, i'd go for a supersplash
> with a dark ride section, just like Williamsburg's Escape
> from Pompeii, i'd also install a traditional log flume

I think you're right to suggest the Mack Water Coaster and a Mack SuperSplash. Thinking about it, there will probably be loads of water rides.

> Dark Kastle - 5d/spiderman style open top simulator on a
> track

Yep, this is one place they could afford another ride like this.