Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > EAS 2008 - Euro Attractions Show

EAS 2008 - Euro Attractions Show

Posted: 2/18/08 at 12:46:38 PM
Views: 1559

How did we let the EAS slip past?! This year it was in Nice, France between 23rd and 25th Jan

Trips 'n' Pics have a photo report

Highlights include:
- Intamin Surf Coaster (full circuit half pipe)
- Intamin version of Splash battle
- Intamin Motorbike coaster layout

- Vekoma rendering of a 4 across floorless train and new harness system for their standard looping coaster rolling stock

- Hafema are building a flume/rapids ride with a camelback at Fuji-Q

lots more too, be sure to check out the link

Re: EAS 2008 - Euro Attractions Show by Graeme Graeme Profile at 2/18/08 6:04:24 PM

Ah, I love EAS!

> Highlights include:
> - Intamin Surf Coaster (full circuit half pipe)

Looks a much better idea than the Half Pipe. It seems so obvious when you think about it, although I must admit I never did!

> - Vekoma rendering of a 4 across floorless train and new
> harness system for their standard looping coaster rolling
> stock

Yes, that looks great. I imagine a 7-inversion coaster with those 4-across, single-row articulated trains would be quite a good substitute for a B&M. Let's face it, Vekoma can make their coasters as smooth as silk.

> - Hafema are building a flume/rapids ride with a camelback
> at Fuji-Q

They must have had an awful lot of competition from ABC in recent years. I'm totally in favour of these rides and would like to see as many as possible.

My highlights:

Vekoma spinning coaster layout
Vekoma 4-across floorless trains
Jet-Ski cars for Vekoma Booster Bike (VERY cool!)
Hafema rapids slide with bunny hop

Re: EAS 2008 - Euro Attractions Show by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 2/19/08 10:22:39 AM

Wow, was I ever impressed with the displays. I could salivate over the Intamin stuff, but that would be too predictable. :P I did like the Surf Coaster, and it makes me wonder when they'll bigger and bigger, I don't mean height, but length for capacity.

I was blown away by Vekoma, the floorless trains and the new B&M hyper styled trains (unless that was from B&M) were brilliant too. It seems like they cant do no wrong at the moment.
And yes Graeme, they can be smooth as silk, as Everest proved to me.

Tim.

Re: EAS 2008 - Euro Attractions Show by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 2/21/08 10:40:18 AM

Regarding the Fuji Q water ride, in typical fashion for them, it will have horrible capacity, with 4 passengers boats!