Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Big One Track Sections Replaced

Big One Track Sections Replaced

Posted: 2/14/08 at 1:11:43 PM
Views: 1772

Pleasure Beach have replaced a section of track over the past few weeks on the Big One's return run

Check out the many photos on bpb guide forum

Seems they've been having problems with it jolting the trains, as the paint company dropped it during the painting and din't tell the park until they'd fitted it - its since been refitted a few times

They have put a lot of effort into reprofiling the Big One over the years, its a shame they don't just re-do it Phantoms Revenge style and market it as a "bigger one"

Re: Big One Track Sections Replaced by Graeme Graeme Profile at 2/15/08 2:51:29 PM

> They have put a lot of effort into reprofiling the Big One
> over the years, its a shame they don't just re-do it
> Phantoms Revenge style and market it as a "bigger
> one"

I'd prefer "The Smaller One"! 150ft max with loads of low airtime hills.

Hope you don't mind if I add a couple of "Incidentally..." stories:

1) Did anyone see the Channel 4 News report last night about Morecambe? Some enterprising chaps are restoring the "Midland" hotel. There were clips of people lamenting the fact there's "nothing to do in Morecambe", "nothing for the family" etc. Such a great shame no amusement park could be retained on the Frontierland site. Stick a Gerstlauer Bobsled, a carousel, some slides and I'm sure you could have a good attraction.

2) There's a rumour of a £5 entry fee at Blackpool Pleasure Beach for 2009. Glurk!

Re: Big One Track Sections Replaced by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 2/16/08 10:20:27 AM

Ha! I knew there was summat wrong with that track bit. I posted this over on UK Rides, after a friend of mine showed me a pic of rwo of the track. I've also been told though that a piece of track from Traumatiser had been dropped, and there was nothing wrong with that.

They should have gone with the PR way with The Big One. I also have to say, I don't think those old Arrow three benched cars should be on a hyper, they're too big and too bulky. Phantom's Revenge used its old Arrow cars, and it's smooth as hell (jerky a bit in places the further back you go).