Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Fabbri Top Swing for Flamingo Land

Fabbri Top Swing for Flamingo Land

Posted: 1/31/08 at 5:55:56 PM
Views: 2870

According to the linked forum, Flamingo Land is getting a Fabbri Top Swing for 2008.

That's a good ride! Must be the UK's best for 2008, unless I've forgotten something. I'm not sure how big it is, but it should be the UK's first true clone of a Giant Frisbee.

EDIT - Actually, looking at the stats I'm not sure if it's like a Giant Frisbee or more like an ordinary Gyro Swing.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Talk Flamingo

Re: Fabbri Top Swing for Flamingo Land by d_n_s_u at 2/1/08 1:32:11 PM

I'm not a great fan of swing rides and can't make up my mind as to whether I would like to face inwards or outwards (outwards in the case of this ride??) if I ever did try one.

Re: Fabbri Top Swing for Flamingo Land by Graeme Graeme Profile at 2/2/08 8:51:59 AM

> I'm not a great fan of swing rides and can't make up my
> mind as to whether I would like to face inwards or outwards
> (outwards in the case of this ride??) if I ever did try
> one.

Yes, it'd be outwards. I think I would feel less secure on an outward-facing ride, but it'd probably have a less intense spin. I imagine how much you'd like an outward-facing swing ride would depend on how much you can cope with pirate ships.

Inwards facing rides, on the other hand, can be extremely intense. I've been on:

1. Huss Frisbee
2. Fabbri Frisbee
3. KMG Afterburner 24
4. KMG Afterburner 32

I've ranked them in order of intensity. The Huss had a ridiculously strong centrifuge, and did take away from the airtime. The Fabbri and KMG 24 were just right, with poor old Vortex at Thorpe Park (the 32-seat ride) being too weak. Vortex would probably be the ideal "beginner frisbee" though.

Fabbri Top Swing

Re: Fabbri Top Swing for Flamingo Land by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 2/5/08 7:10:42 PM

The Top Swing will be called "Flip Flop" and include water jets

In other Flamingo News, the park have bought the "Haunted Lighthouse" 4D film, which was orginally used at Busch Gardens (they've gone back to pirates since) this will be the first time the film has been used in a motion theatre

The park really are making a lot of improvements, along with new animal enclosures, there will be a new admissions area / park entrance, a new soft play area, new junior rides, new fencing here and there and the Wild Mouse has had a repaint, refurbishment and a new station built

Flamingo Land have become the UK park to watch, they're certainly committed to improving the experience on offer, if you visited Flamingo Land 5 years ago you truly wouldn't recongise the place now

HighExtreme

Re: Fabbri Top Swing for Flamingo Land by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 2/16/08 10:29:05 AM

Graeme, you forgot to mention Mondial's Revolution (Psyclone at Wonderland) which faces outward. To be honest, the outward seating would be summat I prefer, because I would find the inward swinging too dizzying, if that makes any sense. I like that Flamingoland is getting a top swing (almost said frisbee), but not found of the name. :(

Oh, and how did you make money on Knighthood? Ta.

Re: Fabbri Top Swing for Flamingo Land by Graeme Graeme Profile at 2/16/08 12:06:43 PM

> Graeme, you forgot to mention Mondial's Revolution
> (Psyclone at Wonderland) which faces outward. To be honest,
> the outward seating would be summat I prefer, because I
> would find the inward swinging too dizzying, if that makes
> any sense. I like that Flamingoland is getting a top swing
> (almost said frisbee), but not found of the name. :(

I didn't forget it, but I haven't been on one, and there are so many types nowadays. I would class the Mobdial Revolution as "Giant", which I would also class the Huss Giant Frisbee as, of course. I realise now that this Flamingo Land ride is actually the same scale as the standard Frisbees/Gyro Swings.

I don't find inward-seating dizzying, but the intensity can be too much on the Huss.

> Oh, and how did you make money on Knighthood? Ta.

No, just pledging my loyalty! :)