Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Good Book For Designing Building Roller Coasters

Good Book For Designing Building Roller Coasters

Posted: 12/29/07 at 3:42:40 PM
Views: 1701

What books (technical, about engineering...) do you recommend me about how to build and design a roller coaster (any type) and a whole theme park (how to manage the park, how many atracctions...)?

And about the history of roller coasters and parks?

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Re: Good Book For Designing Building Roller Coasters by Simon_Baynham at 1/1/08 12:11:45 PM

There's are many such books on The Roller Coaster Media Library website. I recommend this one:

[BOOK 208H] SALVADOR ANTON CLAVE: THE GLOBAL THEME PARK INDUSTRY. [2007] (17x24cm - 460 Pages). Since the 1980s, the theme park industry has developed into a global phenomenon, with everything from large, worldwide theme parks to countless smaller ventures. From the first pleasure gardens to the global theme park companies, this book provides an understanding of the nature and function of theme parks as spaces of entertainment, with comprehensive analyses of their operation, strategies, finance and marketing. This publication portrays the impacts of theme parks as global competitive actors, agents of global development and cultural symbols, particularly in the context of their role in the developing experience economy. Illustrated throughout by worldwide case studies, empirical data and practical examples, this book will be of interest to students in leisure and tourism management, and to practitioners in the industry, providing a practical guide to the planning and development of theme parks.

Simon Baynham

The Roller Coaster Media Library

Re: Good Book For Designing Building Roller Coasters by NudoA NudoA Profile at 1/1/08 12:38:47 PM

Thanks, i will check that web