Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Parques Reunidos Acquires TusenFryd

Parques Reunidos Acquires TusenFryd

Posted: 11/29/07 at 9:50:21 PM
Views: 2264

Madrid based attraction chain Parques Reunidos has bought TusenFryd for 383m Norwegian Kroner (£33.7m British / €47.2m Euro / $69.4m Canadian), this is the group's 6th amusement park

Parque de Atracciones de Madrid - Spain
Parque Warner Madrid - Spain
Bobbejaanland - Belgium
Mirabilandia - Italy
Bonbonland - Denmark
TusenFryd - Norway

In total the chain owns over 60 sites including Zoos, aquariums, water parks, family entertainment centres and cable car attractions, ranging from Blackpool Zoo to the Boomers chain of go-karting centres across the USA

Parques Reunidos is owned/operated by 3 main share holders, the groups own management team, Candover an investment bank and Bourne Leisure, the british company which owns Butlins / haven holiday parks!

HighExtreme

Re: Parques Reunidos Acquires TusenFryd by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 11/30/07 9:11:48 AM

Thanks for the update Stu, now I wonder if they aren't biting off more than they can chew. I do hope though this helps TussenFryd though.

On a side note, there's a Boomer's near my cousin's house near Clarkston, Michigan.

Re: Parques Reunidos Acquires TusenFryd by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/30/07 6:14:41 PM

> Parque de Atracciones de Madrid - Spain
> Parque Warner Madrid - Spain
> Bobbejaanland - Belgium
> Mirabilandia - Italy
> Bonbonland - Denmark
> TusenFryd - Norway

They seem to have quite good taste if they were behind the more recent coasters at Parque de Atracciones (especially the forthcoming Vekoma family coaster/half hyper).

I don't suppose it was them who gave Katun the go-ahead, was it? Again, I don't suppose they were behind the creation of Warner Bros Madrid either?

Maybe they just leave it totally up to the individual management, although we've seen with Merlin how new owners can have an effect on the budget.

We all know what would happen if they bought a park in the UK though...! ;)

Re: Parques Reunidos Acquires TusenFryd by hatt at 12/1/07 12:46:29 PM

Well, Katun, was way before Parque Reunidos bought Mirabilandia. And I havn't heard anything about a Vekoma for Parque de Atracciones. There is one planned for Tibidabo, but this is not a Reunidos parc...

Re: Parques Reunidos Acquires Kennywood by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 12/11/07 12:06:39 PM

Parques Reunidos are at it again, they've just agreed to buy Kennywood!

http://post-gazette.com/pg/07345/840790-100.stm

Sensational news, the same families have owned/operated the park for 5 generations, so it's come as a bit of a shock

HighExtreme

Re: Parques Reunidos Acquires Kennywood by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/12/07 10:17:24 AM

> Parques Reunidos are at it again, they've just agreed to
> buy Kennywood!

> http://post-gazette.com/pg/07345/840790-100.stm
> Sensational news, the same families have owned/operated the
> park for 5 generations, so it's come as a bit of a shock

What?!! That's amazing!

Well, now this has happened, I wouldn't be surprised if they bought BPB.

It's funny to see so many huge new theme park companies spring up (or expand) this decade. Merlin, Companie Des Alpes and now Parques Reunidos. To be perfectly, honest, I forget who owns what.

PS - Yes, I made a mistake about Tibidabo. Then again, they'll probably buy that too! ;)

Re: Parques Reunidos Acquires TusenFryd by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/17/07 2:34:51 AM

I'm still floored about the Kennywood purchase, I hope they don't ruin the history that is KW.