Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > The Daily Whim: What I'd Like to See From Gerstlauer

The Daily Whim: What I'd Like to See From Gerstlauer

Posted: 11/22/07 at 9:21:21 AM
Views: 1522

As far as I'm concerned, after riding Cobra, Gerstlauer are the masters of action and layouts.

Now what I'd really love to see would be "Super Bobsleds" - sort of a cross between a hypercoaster and a steel woodie. I imagine the trains to be about three rows long, and possibly 4-across like the Euro Fighters.

They'd be about 100ft tall and the layouts would have massive drops, airtime hills and gigantic helices. I'm sure with that you'd have all the G-forces and thrills you'd need.

Re: The Daily Whim: What I'd Like to See From Gerstlauer by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 11/26/07 10:13:24 AM

I hate to be picky, but that's not a hyper, nor does it even constitute as a Junior, so really it's just a big Bobsled... Now that I'm done being facetious and cheeky at the same time, I would like that idea alot. I'd keep the Euro Fighter length, and have the four across, but have a dual loading station. :)

Tight helices and -1 G's for me please. ;)

Re: The Daily Whim: What I'd Like to See From Gerstlauer by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/26/07 5:42:07 PM

> I hate to be picky, but that's not a hyper, nor does it
> even constitute as a Junior, so really it's just a big
> Bobsled...

Well, the Bobsleds are quarter-sized hypers, really. A 100ft non-looper would be a half-hyper as much as Piraten.

> Now that I'm done being facetious and cheeky at
> the same time, I would like that idea alot. I'd keep the
> Euro Fighter length, and have the four across, but have a
> dual loading station. :)

Length of trains? OK, good idea.

I must stress, this ride wouldn't have a vertical drop or lift. It'd be more like a 30-degree lift and 60- or 70-degree drop. That's how I'd like them to build an actual Euro Fighter too. Ah, that'd be a great piece of kit.

> Tight helices and -1 G's for me please. ;)

Done.

Re: The Daily Whim: What I'd Like to See From Gerstlauer by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 11/27/07 10:18:48 AM

> I hate to be picky, but that's not a hyper, nor does it
> even constitute as a Junior, so really it's just a big
> Bobsled...

> Well, the Bobsleds are quarter-sized hypers, really. A
> 100ft non-looper would be a half-hyper as much as Piraten.

That is quite true... and Piraten is an Intamin. ;)

> Now that I'm done being facetious and cheeky at
> the same time, I would like that idea alot. I'd keep the
> Euro Fighter length, and have the four across, but have a
> dual loading station. :)

> Length of trains? OK, good idea.

> I must stress, this ride wouldn't have a vertical drop or
> lift. It'd be more like a 30-degree lift and 60- or
> 70-degree drop. That's how I'd like them to build an actual
> Euro Fighter too. Ah, that'd be a great piece of kit.

I'd like the vertical lift, like an elevator, but only if it's themed, if not, the standard lift is perfect too.

> Tight helices and -1 G's for me please. ;)

> Done.

Best of both worlds!