Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > All Quiet on the IAAPA Front

All Quiet on the IAAPA Front

Posted: 11/15/07 at 7:58:04 AM
Views: 1667

It's a disappointing year for news from the annual IAAPA Attractions Expo, a time of year when new projects are usually announced and ride companies showcase their latest product innovations . . but so far all is very quiet, too quiet!

HighExtreme

Re: All Quiet on the IAAPA Front by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/15/07 8:05:52 AM

Yes, IAAPA used to be an annual highlight for me. It's still OK; you just have to keep your eye out for websites that upload coverage (which can take a week or two).

Nowadays I prefer EAS, if only for the superb coverage on Coasters and More.

One thing I did see in First Drop that might be on show this year is the Vekoma "Stingray" model of flying coaster. It has 2-car trains and a tiny footprint; like a Screamin' Squirrel but more appealing.

Re: All Quiet on the IAAPA Front by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 11/16/07 1:01:05 PM

> Yes, IAAPA used to be an annual highlight for me. It's
> still OK; you just have to keep your eye out for websites
> that upload coverage (which can take a week or two).

> Nowadays I prefer EAS, if only for the superb coverage on
> Coasters and More.

> One thing I did see in First Drop that might be on show
> this year is the Vekoma "Stingray" model of
> flying coaster. It has 2-car trains and a tiny footprint;
> like a Screamin' Squirrel but more appealing.

Aren't they supposed to put a vertical lift on it to like Mad Manor@ Europa too?

Re: All Quiet on the IAAPA Front by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/16/07 1:32:26 PM

> Aren't they supposed to put a vertical lift on it to like
> Mad Manor@ Europa too?

I don't know what Mad Manor is, but Stingray has a vertical lift, yes (I assume you'll be upright).

Re: All Quiet on the IAAPA Front by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 11/18/07 11:50:18 AM

> Aren't they supposed to put a vertical lift on it to like
> Mad Manor@ Europa too?

> I don't know what Mad Manor is, but Stingray has a vertical
> lift, yes (I assume you'll be upright).

It's a Mack Mouse, and scratch that, it's Phantasialand's Mack Mouse that has the elevator-styled lift.

Re: Mack Mouse by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 11/18/07 1:11:01 PM

> It's a Mack Mouse, and scratch that, it's Phantasialand's
> Mack Mouse that has the elevator-styled lift.

hey Tim you've got a bit mixed up Mad Manor is Movie Park Germany's normal mouse coaster with a traditional lift hill, Matterhorn Blitz is Europa Park's mack mouse coaster with the elevator lift

hooray i have an on-ride video of this, with JaiB's standard "argh there's no stoppers on the end" panic . . .

Phantasialand have Winjas the Maurer spinning mice coasters which have elevator lifts! Hope that clears it up :)

There's a resport from the IAAPA show on the Theme Park Review Forum, which shows Premier Rides new ferris wheel lift for a coaster!

Re: Mack Mouse by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/18/07 3:19:32 PM

> It's a Mack Mouse, and scratch that, it's Phantasialand's
> Mack Mouse that has the elevator-styled lift.

Yep, and the Stingray has a vertical lift, like a Euro Fighter. As it's a flying coaster though, I assume you'll be upright.

> There's a resport from the IAAPA show on the Theme Park
> Review Forum, which shows Premier Rides new ferris wheel
> lift for a coaster!

Oh great, loads of good reading! Some more sites here:

http://www.screamscape.com/iaapa/index.htm
http://www.coastercrew.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=109

I haven't seen much yet, but the tube slides look good.

Re: All Quiet on the IAAPA Front by Cal at 11/20/07 8:31:11 AM

Yes, very confusing! There's no mouse at all at Phantasialand though they do have a lift on the rapids ride...

Europa's Matterhorn Blitz mouse is great fun. It actually takes two mouse cars up at once, and there's a bit of a surprise on the way...