Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Sea Life Centre - New at Chessington

Sea Life Centre - New at Chessington

themeparks-uk
Posted: 10/29/07 at 8:01:57 AM
Views: 1554

Now that this new attraction for 2008 has been confirmed I thought it deserved its own thread, I think it's a great decision to maximise the zoo elements of the park, it probably means there won't be any new rides next year but hopefully it will be popular with the parks family audience, full details of the new Sea Life Centre attraction can be found at the link below:

Sea Life Centre - New at Chessington

Re: Sea Life Centre - New at Chessington by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 10/29/07 8:45:22 AM

This is indeed, excellent news for the park and I am sure it will attract some new customers and encourage previous customers to return. When I visisted recently, I was bowled over as to how well rounded the Chessington experience is to families. The Sea Life centre will develop that excellent spirit even further. Bravo!

Fire at A.T.

Re: Sea Life Centre - New at Chessington by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 11/1/07 4:13:45 AM

Personally I'm disappointed by the announcement, the exhibit is only temporary, a maximum of 2 years and is inside a tent!

Chessington really needs a long term investment (the last was Dragons Fury, 3 years ago) I'd welcome a permanent SeaLife aquarium at the park

For me the zoo needs re-thinking, the trail of the kings development was just putting fancy fibreglass fronts on the depressing concrete enclosures that were already there

it's a shame the park haven't pushed harder to get the go ahead to build the safari

HighExtreme

Re: Sea Life Centre - New at Chessington by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/1/07 1:01:36 PM

> Personally I'm disappointed by the announcement, the
> exhibit is only temporary, a maximum of 2 years and is
> inside a tent!

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about this:

Bad Points
1) I don't agree with animals in captivity

2) It's small and temporary - hardly going to rival any of the better aquariums in the UK.

3) People get very bored with these things.

Good Points
1) I'm in favour of non-ride attractions at theme parks. Some people get terrible motion sickness on anything that moves.

To be honest, my overall reaction is apathy!