Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > ALTON TOWERS FIRE

ALTON TOWERS FIRE

twpburton
Posted: 10/28/07 at 9:39:04 PM
Views: 1594

I'm surprised there haven't been any posts on this yet, there was a fire at Alton towers yesterday evening on the SKYRIDE. It happened at about 7.35 and firefighters arrived at 8pm. There is more on it at news.sky.com

nobody was hurt thank goodness

Re: ALTON TOWERS FIRE by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 10/29/07 5:34:06 AM

Yeah, you beat me to it! Bad news for the sky ride but at least the ride was closed for the day. That's something to be thankful for.

Fire at A.T.

Re: ALTON TOWERS FIRE by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/1/07 1:03:10 PM

Yes, this was very dramatic. Apparently, it was the middle station (ie. Forbidden Valley). I wonder what'll happen next?

Re: ALTON TOWERS FIRE by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 11/1/07 6:59:37 PM

> Yes, this was very dramatic. Apparently, it was the middle
> station (ie. Forbidden Valley). I wonder what'll happen
> next?

Somewhere in the region of £2m had already been spent on an order of new cars for the ride for next season, so the ride will be resorted and re-opened for next year

This is good news, Skyride is a vital leg saver, its a shame there aren't more transport rides to help guests get about the sprawling monster that is Alton Towers

Re: ALTON TOWERS FIRE by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/2/07 2:11:42 PM

> Somewhere in the region of £2m had already been spent on
> an order of new cars for the ride for next season, so the
> ride will be resorted and re-opened for next year

> This is good news, Skyride is a vital leg saver, its a
> shame there aren't more transport rides to help guests get
> about the sprawling monster that is Alton Towers

OK, thanks. I'd prefer something more exciting to take its place, but I have to admit, I do use the Skyride myself!