Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Superman coming to blackpool?

Superman coming to blackpool?

bobmarley70
Posted: 10/26/07 at 3:45:41 PM
Views: 2204

Heard a few rumours about superman the rollercoaster (not the actual guy himself =P) coming to blackpool in 2009 and being built throughout 2008 can anyone on here confirm this? as that would make my day as this ride is about twice the size of the big one just a rumour as of now but maybe hopefully it will eventually come =] cheers dagag

Re: Superman coming to blackpool? by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 10/26/07 4:20:40 PM

"No coaster, no cry. Noooo coaster, no cry."

Sorry, couldn't resist that. Wow, what a rumour. That's a great rumour but in all seriousness here....where in the name of funshine would they put it?!!!

Re: Superman coming to blackpool? by bobmarley70 at 10/27/07 4:49:01 AM

ive heard their building out towards the seafront to save space but ive heard this of the staff thier so i dont think they will be lieing lol

Re: Superman coming to blackpool? by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 10/27/07 5:25:16 AM

it sounds a little crazy but then again Six Flags are removing it's Deja Vu coasters from Magic Mountain and Over Georgia parks . . so who knows! :p

HighExtreme

Re: Superman coming to blackpool? by Fraser Fraser Profile at 10/28/07 4:58:21 AM

Well, I've heard on the grapevine that...

This is all bull. Sorry.

The "superman" rumour has been doing the rounds for years, and every year it gets quashed. This year's set of rumours come from supposed sightings of foundation layings, when in reality it's just Amanda bitchcowfromhell Thompson putting new paving stones down.

Re: Superman coming to blackpool? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 10/28/07 6:30:15 PM

Yeah, I didn't want to be grumpy, but there are a few things I'd like to point out:

1) Like Fraser says, this rumour has been going round for a very long time (at least 8 years, I'd say).

2) The Superman brand has been put to so many types of coaster - reverse freefall, hypercoasters, LSM-launched loopers, inverted shuttle coasters (Impulses), hydraulic-launched coasters. It doesn't really describe any one, particular type of ride.

Personally, I think this rumour started long ago because Superman: the Escape (which is a reverse freefall) is featured on a great many coaster documentaries. Back in the day, Magic Mountain used the reverse freefall technology to take the height record, and I think when this rumour originally started, people assumed BPB would use something similar.

However, time has made us very cynical about this project (it's up there with the Alton woodie!)

Anyway, I hope that didn't sound grumpy. Rumours are always welcome on URC!

Re: Superman coming to blackpool? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 10/28/07 6:31:30 PM

> it sounds a little crazy but then again Six Flags are
> removing it's Deja Vu coasters from Magic Mountain and Over
> Georgia parks . . so who knows! :p

Or, hey, someone might be selling a Zamperla Volare! ;)

PS - Deja Vu! It took me a while to get the joke!

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Superman coming to blackpool? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/9/07 9:21:08 AM

OK everyone, try not to get too excited. The new-for-2008 attraction is...

Adventure Golf!

Whoo hoo! Whoopee! Yippee!!

BPB Guide

Re: Superman coming to blackpool? by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 11/9/07 1:18:29 PM

Adventure Golf eh? Well, there will certainly be a demand for it but where are the new rides announcements eh? Bah!
I particularly liked the following line at the bottom of the announcement...

'There’s a fair-way to go yet, but the course is planned to open to the public around Easter 2008!'

Boom, boom. It's a cracker!

Re: Superman coming to blackpool? by jimllfixitfc at 11/17/07 2:25:09 PM

Ah man thats sound wicked. Its got 'state of the art holes' and a UK first: A figure of 8 spectacular on hole 9. No wonder it'll cost half a million to build - theres a lot of research and computer modelling needed to research the physics behind such a technically demanding crazy golf hole.

I think Thorpe Park should scrap this Eurofighter plan in favour of building 'the world's first 10 looping crazy golf hole'.

Re: Superman coming to blackpool? by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 11/18/07 11:48:27 AM

LOL! Could you see the queue building up, some poor schlub under able to hit a ball through a loop? Now what would make that interesting, if they had to hit a ball through a cobra roll, corkscrews, and somehow inline twists... ahh the Power of A Pain In the Arse!

Re: Superman coming to blackpool? by Fraser Fraser Profile at 11/20/07 3:17:32 AM

BPB really are digging a hole for themselves aren't they????

Re: Superman coming to blackpool? by Cal at 11/20/07 8:29:02 AM

I think you'll find it's 9 holes, Fraser. ;)

Re: Superman coming to blackpool? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/20/07 9:06:27 AM

> I think you'll find it's 9 holes, Fraser. ;)

LOL, good one!

To be fair, does BPB already have a mini golf course on site? I can't remember one, but I might not have noticed. I understand this new Adventure Golf is outside the boundaries - If so, they might build a ride on the site of the old one.

Re: Rapids to blackpool? by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 11/20/07 12:44:53 PM

> To be fair, does BPB already have a mini golf course on
> site? I can't remember one, but I might not have noticed. I
> understand this new Adventure Golf is outside the
> boundaries - If so, they might build a ride on the site of
> the old one.

The crazy golf course inside the park and grand prix ride are rumoured to be removed to make way for a rapids ride in 2009!

HighExtreme

Re: Superman coming to blackpool? by Fraser Fraser Profile at 11/20/07 5:28:25 PM

Hmmmmm. Why are BPB building an upcharge attraction? I'll tell you why-the new POP policy will eman less revenue unless they can have more chances tog rab your money from you once you're in there.