Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Game: the 3 Coasters

Game: the 3 Coasters

Posted: 9/30/07 at 9:24:55 AM
Views: 1685

The object of this game is for you to choose three complementing coasters for your theme park. I've used small, medium and large, but yours can be any you like!

Manufacturer: Gerstlauer
Type: Bobsled
Height: 55ft
Description: This would be the standard “G’Sengte Sau” Bobsled, set partially in a building, themed as a nicely spooky castle. None of the coaster would be dark, but there would be plenty of tunnels. The S-turns would be enclosed in corridors, with bats; the twister bowl would be indoors (like G’Sengte Sau) around a giant spider in its web; and there would be an enclosed drop on the bunny hops (like Cobra), perhaps duelling with some sort of serpent/dragon.

Manufacturer: Great Coasters International
Type: Wooden twister
Height: 80ft
Description: The medium-sized ride in my park would be a woodie, designed to be smooth and comfortable. It would be a twister – a mass of wood – so as to provide an intricate structure for the single-row articulated Millennium Flyers to weave in and out of, and very hard to trace the layout.

Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard
Type: Junior Hypercoaster
Height: 150ft
Description: the large coaster would be a B&M junior hyper, going all the way along the park. Smooth with nice airtime. I would like to base it on La Ronde’s Goliath, which to me looks like the best mega coaster I’ve ever seen – so many hills on the way out and the back – sort of a “Shivering Steelie”. Ideally, the trains would be 4-across like most of B&M’s rides.

All three rides would be smooth, comfortable with pleasant sensations. The lack of loops or extreme height would make them very rideable to many people. I really think smoothness is the most important factor in making a lasting coaster.

Re: Game: the 3 Coasters by Cal at 10/1/07 8:37:16 AM

1. Intamin hyper coaster. Something along the lines of Superman: Ride of Steel - lots of glorious floaty airtime and a bit of a twist at the end. S:ROS is my favourite ride so anything that could come close would be awesome.

2. GCI twister. OK we concur on this, but I'd like to push them and see how crazy they can make it. Thunderbird was wonderful but it'd be nice to see them take it up a notch.

3. Gerstlauer spinning mouse. These are more fun than the Maurer Sohnes because you are facing your ride partners. I've never laughed as hard on a ride as I did on Han Katten at BonBon Land. Every park should have one of these feel good coasters.

Re: Game: the 3 Coasters by Graeme Graeme Profile at 10/1/07 9:48:19 AM

> 1. Intamin hyper coaster. Something along the lines of
> Superman: Ride of Steel - lots of glorious floaty airtime
> and a bit of a twist at the end. S:ROS is my favourite ride
> so anything that could come close would be awesome.

I'd love to ride it. :)

> 2. GCI twister. OK we concur on this, but I'd like to push
> them and see how crazy they can make it. Thunderbird was
> wonderful but it'd be nice to see them take it up a notch.

Great! I'm very flexible with woodies - I don't think there's ever been one I didn't want to ride.

> 3. Gerstlauer spinning mouse. These are more fun than the
> Maurer Sohnes because you are facing your ride partners.
> I've never laughed as hard on a ride as I did on Han Katten
> at BonBon Land. Every park should have one of these feel
> good coasters.

There is definitely something about them that makes most of the family want to ride.

Re: Game: the 3 Coasters by Fraser Fraser Profile at 10/1/07 2:01:08 PM

Ok- you have to understand my park will be built to cater for the upper end of the market. The Thinking person's Theme Park.

1) In "Operettaland" we will have a gerstlauer/Farmer Studios alliance with "DIE FLEDERMAUS" (The Bat). Basically it's a Eurofighter a la Mystery Mine with added dark ride bits and lots of hangy-upside-downy time. We begin with a ricochet journet through a champagne cellar filled with bats and popping corks, and the odd skeleton in the closet. Finally we arrive at the bottom of a bell Tower and are whisked up the vertical lifthill as a clock chimes 6. At the top we discover ourselves atop a skyline of Vienna, the speakers in our cars start to play Strauss's Fledermaus Waltz, as we dive 95 degrees into an airtime hill onto an overbanked turnaround into a loop and bunnyhopping over the Prater we swoop right over the queulines until we reach a ballroom where an inline twist inverts us and we do a straight bit upside down as we see dancers waltzing in a room of mirrors. A dive loop brings us back upright and we sweep out of the ballroom and back outdoors before heading to a tower belonging to the Vienna State gaol where we climb another smaller vertical lift and finish the ride twisting and doing a Screaming squirrel style finale over the station.
Onride photos will show us upside down.

2) In "Mozartia" we will get to ride a large GCI woodie called Sarastro. Riders begin by entering a Masonic temple and passing over fire and under water until we finally gain admittance to the inner sanctum where we board the golden trains. Passing by statues of Osiris and Isis we climb the lifthill under a darkened starless Sky as the Queen of the Night greets us at the top. Finally we plunge and swoop a la Shivering Timbers-TWELVE!!!! giant hills will greet us on our journey (all in groups of three) and there will also be a triple down about halfway. We enter the brakerun gloriously ablaze with Sunshine triumphantly to the strains of the Magic Flute finale.

3) In "Dali-Kingdom" we have Twisted Culture. A twisted expanse of dali-Gaudi-esque track surmounted on a massive, long station covered in mosaic and mirrors(based on the Segrada Famiglia and parc Guel).This houses a launched Intamin inverted coaster a la Volcano. The track shoots along a 100ft track and is lifted out of the station into an immelman and the track then doubles back on itself over the station into a vertical loop, a pretzel/Norwegian loop, another vertical loop, another immelman back down into the other end of the station with 2 inline twists to finish us off. 8 inversions in 25 seconds. Your mind will melt and time will go spinnig out of proportion like one of Dali's clocks. Your on ride photo will go through a processor and you will look like you've just had your portrait painted by the master himself.

I thank you.

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Game: the 3 Coasters by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 10/1/07 4:43:09 PM

I'm at a loss for words.............

Re: Game: the 3 Coasters by Graeme Graeme Profile at 10/1/07 5:48:56 PM

The glory days are back! :D

Re: Game: the 3 Coasters by Fraser Fraser Profile at 10/1/07 6:08:45 PM

I've edited my post to amend some spelling and make a few cultural adjustments.

Re: Game: the 3 Coasters by Fraser Fraser Profile at 10/1/07 6:32:14 PM

Also-if it had been 4 coasters you would have gotten my Lloyd Grossman themed indoor wooden mouse "Through the Mousehole". But that's another story...

Re: Game: the 3 Coasters by Graeme Graeme Profile at 10/2/07 7:33:15 AM

> Also-if it had been 4 coasters you would have gotten my
> Lloyd Grossman themed indoor wooden mouse "Through the
> Mousehole". But that's another story...

Oh dear!

If it had been 4 coasters, I'd have described my Floorless/Inverted - "Loose Lallies". The most riah-raising coaster since Brian's Joyous Flight, it weaves in and out of a lattie and puts a smile on your eek. It's bona, not naff!

Re: Game: the 3 Coasters by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 10/2/07 11:30:51 AM

Park name: Immacolata Park

First coaster: Widow's Sea

You board into these aquamarine coloured trains that are inline seating in a serene looking station that has a waterfall in the far wall, the loading platforms are glass, so underneath you can see all the water. After you board, and the lap bars are down, you peacefully sail out. The trip so far is a relaxing, swan boats-esque voyage, where people passing by can see you.
Soon as you are a tunnel of love with a harp playing, and the sounds of water inside, all the lovers flock to this ride, thinking they are in for a gentle ride. In the tunnel things are entirely different, the harps are gone, and the water becomes a storm in the distant. Suddenly you hear the wailing of a woman, and with her caterwauling the sky opens, taking your train up via a spiral lift.
When you reach the heavens, you see sisters of the Virgin Immacololta, the terribly By-Blows, and that's when it becomes hell on Earth. At this point you dive down a ramp like hill, the by- blows behind you, and at the bottom is their horrid off spring, so suddenly you bank left, and race through the exactly same layout as Whizzer (Schwarzkopf Speedracer). So just when you think it'll never end, you hit a splashdown that replaced the brakes, and you stop at a seperate exit. When your train rolls into the loading platform, the riders get to see that you never return from the Widow's Sea.

Second Coaster: Emptyhead's Revenge (Intamin woodie)
You come to this oddly shaped building, where in the middle of it is a black hole, and around the rim of the vacio is what looks like blood dripping endlessly. When you enter into the queue, only the floor is lit up, and it's only there to guide you. As you wind through the queue, all you can hear is wind blowing, and at times the crying of people who have been trapped in the vacio for all time. As you get closer to the train, you come to a stop, there is someone directing you into two tunnel, and what you learn is that they are two slides winding deeper into the ground.
Once in the station, you board your three bench train. From what you can see, it's brown with starnge drawings on it. Once everything is checked (lap bars with seatbelts), the ride-ops stand back, and the entire loading platform goes pitch black. When the train pulls away, you hit a 2 foot drop and hit an S-bend, and you go up the cable lift in total darkness. Reaching the top, you crest over it with some stand-up air in the back from the pull-over, and at 165 feet, you plunge to your right, diving down at 65 mph.
When you get to the bottom, you're swallowed up by another tunnel as you hit a straight piece of track, and only come out of it on the way up the second hill, which is at 130 feet. Making a slight right, you find yourself overlooking an enormous gorge, and before you know it, you're diving down a 229 ft. drop, engulfed by yet another tunnel. As you come out of that tunnel you hit a banked turnaround that is 90 degrees, diving back down, and up into another short hill which is also a tunnel.
As your being launched from your seats, you hit another turn around, coming out of the tunnel, and hit a 15 ft. double down at 82 mph. Entering another low tunnel, you have no idea that you're about to hit the second double down, providing insane amounts of air.
After the double down, you enter a low to the ground turn, which like the previous is 90 degrees, trees and awkward looking swords are placed nearby to make it look as if you're going to be decapitated. Coming out of the turn, you go into another tunnel, and it's the surprising double up, where you slam into the breaks, again, engulfed in total darkness.

Third coaster: Inferno (B&M Floorless)
When you approach this ride, you see what almost appears to be the same same mansion that was used for the film, Suspiria. A large, frightening German woman says hello to you as you enter the queue. You make a left into the first room, where much to your surprise, all the furniture oin the room is wrapped up with barbed wire, and there's even something from the ceiling wrapped in it too, and it sprays a light mist down on you as you leave the room. Going into the next room, your senses are challenged when the queue is slightly angle to the right, and everything in the room is upside down.
Going into the next room, everything appears to be normal, there's furniture and a bed all placed where it should be. Passing into the next room, you find your back in the same room, but the room is flooded with water, and the encased tube you're in is protecting you. Out of the room, you climb a sweeping flight of stairs, where as you walk away from the bannister, fire appers, sliding down the bannister, rising up and then vanishing. Going forth into another room, you see tht it's the loading platform.

Once you've boarded your flame kissed trains (painted to look like they have been cooked), you leave the station going into a tiny hill, suddenly at low speeds, you go into an inline twist, where underneath flames arise, appearing as if they are going to scorch you as well.
Making a tight right, the train hits the lift. After climbing 125 feet, you hit that B&M signature pre-drop, and then the proper drop, delivering the B&M falling air for those in the back. After diving down 118 feet, you then hit a 115 ft. Norweigan Loop, then an airtime filled hill. Hitting a flat piece of track where fire jumps up, you hit the Cobra Roll, followed by another airtime hill, corckscrews over fire, back to back Stengel Dives, and then into the brake run.

Re: Game: the 3 Coasters by Cal at 10/3/07 6:06:07 AM

Well, if we're allowed to go wild with themeing...

Welcome aboard the Event Horizon
The queue line will take you aboard the infamous ship, winding from the bridge, medical (complete with spooky sounds) and along to engineering, where you will board your shuttle, which takes you up a steep hill before leaving you suspended above the huge black hole into which you will plummet...into a realm of pure chaos!