Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Killarney Springs, Cornwall

Killarney Springs, Cornwall

Posted: 1/24/07 at 2:22:59 PM
Views: 4819

Just looking at the status of the side friction Runaway Coaster former Rotunda, and noticed it had been relocated to Killarney Springs, due to open this year

Check out the Killarney Springs Website they have wet/dry slides coming out of the side of a barn and some kind of wild cat steelie coaster

Wow when did this park open? looks interesting and great their saving the runaway coaster!

HighExtreme

Re: Killarney Springs, Cornwall by Graeme Graeme Profile at 2/21/07 7:56:05 AM

The pic of the wildcat makes it look rather like a hypercoaster! :)

As for the Runaway Coaster, it's very confusing. This has been a strong and persistant rumour, and yet apparently the ride is still at Folkestone: http://photos.orange.co.uk/shared/browse.html?c_album=5033948

Shocking to think it's five years since I rode it in 2002, its last season. :(

Re: Killarney Springs, Cornwall by Graeme Graeme Profile at 4/6/07 8:53:30 AM

Unfortunately, the ride has now been demolished.

I'm not terribly sad to lose the coaster itself, but if you follow the link to Joyland Books, you'll see it was demolished just as they were trying to obtain it. It seems there's an awful lot of selfishness about these days. I could be wrong, but it seems both Runaway Coaster and Cyclone were demolished to stop other people making use of them.

Joyland Books

Re: Killarney Springs, Cornwall by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 4/7/07 2:29:44 AM

> Unfortunately, the ride has now been demolished.

> I'm not terribly sad to lose the coaster itself, but if you
> follow the link to Joyland Books, you'll see it was
> demolished just as they were trying to obtain it. It seems
> there's an awful lot of selfishness about these days. I
> could be wrong, but it seems both Runaway Coaster
> and Cyclone were demolished to stop other people making use
> of them.

Graeme,

I was going to post the link, but never got around to it, but yeah, tis a shame to see it go. It looked like a fun coaster, to say the least.

Tim.

Re: Killarney Springs, Cornwall by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 2/18/08 8:44:00 PM

*bump* It seems Killarney Springs Zyklon is for sale on ebay

Pinfari Z40 on ebay

Item location: Holywell Bay, Newquay, Cornwall, United Kingdom

Roller Coaster - Pinfari Zyklon Z40 Roller coaster (1979) Excellent price for quick sale, has been dismantled ready for collection, pictures and video available of this item on request.

Size - Approximately 40 metres x 13 metres x 10 metres tall (Approximate)

This item has 4 cars, approxiamtely 300 metres of track, poor electrical condition. Fair Mechanical and structural condition. ADIPS expired 2007. Last Operated 2006.

Although the site claims the ride is from 1979, RCDB.com says the Southport Z40 opened in 1978, the cars on the one pictured are the same shape as southports so i guess with the year been so close its safe to assume Wildcat did go to Kilarney before the park went bankrupt

Flamingo Lands z40 seems to have gone to Williams Amusements in Wales (notice unusual overhead restraints)