Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Only one hyper in Europe...soon more ?

Only one hyper in Europe...soon more ?

Dragon Khan
Posted: 6/23/00 at 5:47:55 PM
Views: 927

Don't you think Europe needs a GOOD hyper coaster ? ( I mean a coaster with more than a big hill and with real airtime ...) When will we see another one ? With the new giga coasters, it's high time Europe caught up with hyper, don't you think ?

Re: Only one hyper in Europe...soon more ? by Ice at 6/24/00 3:10:27 AM

> Don't you think Europe needs a GOOD hyper coaster
> ? ( I mean a coaster with more than a big hill
> and with real airtime ...) When will we see
> another one ? With the new giga coasters, it's
> high time Europe caught up with hyper, don't you
> think ?

I agree!

Regards,
Ice

Re: Only one hyper in Europe...soon more ? by Graeme Graeme Profile at 6/24/00 9:32:45 AM

Actually, I think hypers are overblown. No matter how big a coaster gets, it always has to smooth out at the bottom of the drops in a way that keeps the Gs down.

The Pepsi Max Big One isn't a bad ride, yet everyone prefers the Grand National and the Wild Mouse. Fair enough, they are classics and the Big One definitely could be more thrilling.

Funnily enough, I wanted to bring up a point about size (stop laughing):
Europe can't compete with the OTT American style (Millennium Force etc) so we should build more unique "gems" like Nemesis, which carefully uses terrain and everyone respects it. We could show the World that "small but cool" can be better.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Graeme.

> Don't you think Europe needs a GOOD hyper coaster
> ? ( I mean a coaster with more than a big hill
> and with real airtime ...) When will we see
> another one ? With the new giga coasters, it's
> high time Europe caught up with hyper, don't you
> think ?

Re: Only one hyper in Europe...soon more ? by Cal at 6/27/00 7:02:13 AM

> I agree!

> Regards,
> Ice

I'd like to see another biggie myself, but only if it does something with the speed rather than the glorified monorail ride that the Big One is. Magnum is still the best hyper I've done, because it has loads of airtime. If we could have something like that, then great. However, as Graeme says, size for the sake of it is pretty pointless and rides that make more of the landscape should be encouraged.

Cal