Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Ride rotation in a park group

Ride rotation in a park group

Dragon Khan
Posted: 6/17/00 at 5:33:32 PM
Views: 975

You know what I mean... Shockwave once at SFMM, SFGA,and so on...If Six Flags parks in Europe adopted that system to put "new rides" in some of their parks which don't have a lot (Bellewaerde,Walibi Aquitaine and Rhones Alpes for example), it would make room for bigger coasters in the parks in which the used rides used to be., you see ?
e.g. : remove Walibi's Corkscrew

Six Flags Holland' s El Condor

Walibi Smurf's Comet Space
Put those rides in parks which only have a Boomerang. I know those rides are old but not in the parks in which they would fit if they were themed (dark, special effects ...) The rethemed Corkscrew, Comet Space and Condor would constitute novelties in the smaller parks and would leave room for:
A floorless in Wavre
A B&M inverter in Flevo
A Mega coaster in Metz

I hope I've made myself clear. Of course, don't remove Turbine from my home park !

Re: Ride rotation in a park group by Sont at 6/18/00 5:14:43 AM

Of course its great to put new rides in small parks and remove them in order to put new (and big) coasters, for example, like you say remove SFH's condor to Walibi aquitaine and put an inverted, a stand up or an hyper coaster at SFH, but the bad side of the rides rotation is when they put small coasters in big parks, furtunately we haven't seen that in Europe, but in USA, is terrible that they move all the old coasters to Astroworld (in Houston), for example, they were suposed to build Batman the ride (a B&M inverted), and instead of that they put there the Shockwave (an older stand-up from intamin/giovannola) and then remove the togo ultra twister from New Jersey and put instead of a woddie or something like that.

But that happens in USA and not in Europe, so let's hope that that won't happen...

Sont

Re: Ride rotation in a park group by Cal at 6/19/00 5:51:41 AM

> Of course its great to put new rides in small
> parks and remove them in order to put new (and
> big) coasters, for example, like you say remove
> SFH's condor to Walibi aquitaine and put an
> inverted, a stand up or an hyper coaster at SFH,
> but the bad side of the rides rotation is when
> they put small coasters in big parks, furtunately
> we haven't seen that in Europe, but in USA, is
> terrible that they move all the old coasters to
> Astroworld (in Houston), for example, they were
> suposed to build Batman the ride (a B&M
> inverted), and instead of that they put there the
> Shockwave (an older stand-up from
> intamin/giovannola) and then remove the togo
> ultra twister from New Jersey and put instead of
> a woddie or something like that.

> But that happens in USA and not in Europe, so
> let's hope that that won't happen...

> Sont

Well it's sort of happened with Southport, which has received a number of rides from Blackpool and now Morecambe, but it's not full blown ride rotation is it?
A lot of the Six Flags parks have shunted rides around but they all seem to end up at Astroworld eventually. They really need to do something with that park.

Cal