Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Disney-Studios

Disney-Studios

Jakob
Posted: 6/14/00 at 10:58:52 AM
Views: 955

Hi!
Here is a link to the new park map of the Disney Studios at Paris, which ill open in 2002. It looks a little bit boring, IMO. You can only find the rock'n roller coaster and catastrophe canyon as big rides. They need some further attractions for having success, I think. I don't understand either why they build another coaster with fast acceleration, having yet one in the park (I know SM has another system, but for a normal visitor it will be the same).

http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/DSP/images/DSPMap_large.jpg

Re: Disney-Studios by Andreas at 6/14/00 11:51:34 AM

I feel exactly the same way. Why build two coaster (by the same manufacturer) that are almost identical? Did they get af package-deal when they bought the coaster for MGM?

//;)

Andreas

Re: Disney-Studios by Cal at 6/14/00 1:28:46 PM

> I feel exactly the same way. Why build two
> coaster (by the same manufacturer) that are
> almost identical? Did they get af package-deal
> when they bought the coaster for MGM?

> //;)

> Andreas

Probably. I was hoping for a Tower of Terror.

Cal

Re: Disney-Studios by Andreas at 6/14/00 5:10:27 PM

Yes. Or that splash-mountain, that was canceled years ago.

Sometimes I dont get Disney.

Andreas

Re: Disney-Studios by Jakob at 6/14/00 5:15:03 PM

> Yes. Or that splash-mountain, that was canceled
> years ago.

They will build a Tower of Terror in Phase2, as i heard in the net. It should increase then the attendances like Space Mountain did.
Greetings

Re: Disney-Studios by Cal at 6/15/00 6:08:25 AM

> They will build a Tower of Terror in Phase2, as i
> heard in the net. It should increase then the
> attendances like Space Mountain did.
> Greetings

But I'll be old by then!
Yeah, they really should build a Splash Mountain. It's not a particularly wet ride for a flume, and flumes at other European parks are always popular. It's not like we have sub-arctic conditions, is it?

Cal

Re: Disney-Studios by Andreas at 6/15/00 8:08:27 AM

Even though I like Eurodisney a lot better than the other Disney Parks I've visited, I still think its an average park with average rides. Good theming does not make up for a weak ride line-up. I have a hard time understanding, why they arent improving the existing park instead of opening af second gate.

//:(

Andreas

Re: Disney-Studios by Cal at 6/15/00 11:04:22 AM

I agree with that. Compared to the other two, DLP doesn't have that many rides. I disagree that they aren't that good though. Space Mountain is great, as is Big Thunder, and it has the best Pirates of the Caribbean out of all the three I've done. What it doesn't have is the great atmosphere of the original Disneyland, which is a park I really enjoyed.
I think they should add a Splash Mountain, an Indiana Jones ride (not the terrible coaster they have now), and some more dark rides such as Alice in Wonderland, Roger Rabbit and so on.

Cal

Re: Disney-Studios by Andreas at 6/15/00 11:44:19 AM

On af Disney-scale, Eurodisneys rides are far the best, I agree with that. But if you compare Disney rides with rides in other parks, they just arent that fantastic. Especially not, if you have to stand in line for two hours to ride.

Maybe its because I'm not so much in to theming.

//;)

Andreas

Re: Disney-Studios by d n s u at 6/15/00 2:48:17 PM

Is it true the powers that be are making some amendments to Indie Ride this year? Last Christmas the queue waiting time for the ride was 90 mins!!! Two years previous I had walked on and was still very disappointed.

Whilst on the subject of DLP I agree that the theming is great but they definately need to add a few more attractions...(and get rid of that Nautilus catastrophe of a walkthrough)

..I'd love to see a Mattahorn Bob (best make that a lifelong wish)and yes: a Splash mountain (zip a dee dooh dah..)

Re: Disney-Studios by Graeme Graeme Profile at 6/15/00 3:57:17 PM

It's funny - I like good theming, but Disney parks are a complete turn-off for me.

I suppose it's because I only like my theming bolted onto solid roller coaster designs.

Graeme.

Re: Disney-Studios by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 6/15/00 7:55:52 PM

Indiana Jones got a rehab this year. They say the track got smoothed out. Its can now run 6 trains of 12 passengers ( 2 cars of 6 passengers ) and the trains are backward..... Reports are talking of bruises and headaches...... They didn't modify the loop....