Members, Log In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Hex

Hex

Bill Rauhauser

Posted:
6/4/00 at
2:14:52 PM

Views: 628

Does anyone know what exactly is "Hex" at Alton Towers. My wife and I are coming over the pond in August and are dying to hit A.T. Checking their website has me excited (Nemesis and Oblivion) but I have no clue what "Hex" is. Anybody know?

Re: Hex by d n s u at 6/4/00 2:52:09 PM

> Does anyone know what exactly is "Hex"
> at Alton Towers. My wife and I are coming over
> the pond in August and are dying to hit A.T.
> Checking their website has me excited (Nemesis
> and Oblivion) but I have no clue what
> "Hex" is. Anybody know?

See the review towards the bottom of the page..

Hope you have a nice trip. ..Don't forget to visit Blackpool!

Re: Hex by Graeme Graeme Profile at 6/4/00 3:33:23 PM

Of course we all know what it is. Us Brits have few new rides each year to talk of!

Check out the reviews of Hex and Alton's other rides on the brilliant website, linked below.

If you go to Alton, you could check out Drayton Manor, which is also in Staffordshire. I can't vouch for DM, as I haven't been there, but AT is great.

Graeme.

Hex Review (Coaster Kingdom)

Re: Blackpool by Graeme Graeme Profile at 6/4/00 4:37:53 PM

Blackpool Pleasure Beach certainly is phenomenal and surely the World's premier seaside amusement park.

With its historical rides and extensive collection of woodies, that sort of park is unlikely to happen again.

Graeme.

PS - BPB is not near Alton Towers, but very near to Blackpool is Southport Pleasureland (you can see BPB from Southport). It has a nice woodie "Cyclone" and a wooden mouse (the latter isn't yet running).

> Hope you have a nice trip. ..Don't forget to
> visit Blackpool!

Hex Review (Coaster Kingdom)

Re: Blackpool by Cal at 6/5/00 5:38:37 AM

Blackpool is around an hour away from Alton if you drive at a reasonable speed!
It is an excellent park, but there's lots of other stuff to do in Blackpool and because the park is free to enter (you pay for ride tickets or a wristband) you can come and go as you please.
Blackpool has some excellent shows too, and vouchers are given out with ride tickets and wristbands (you can upgrade your seats for a couple of quid too). Hot Ice, the ice show, has had rave reviews this year. There's also a good magic/cabaret show called Mystique, and a Cirque du Soleil-style show called Eclipse, which has been brilliant the last two years. This starts again at the end of June.

Cal