LeSourdsville Lake Amusement Park closed after the 2002 season and presently there are no plans to reopen the park. Screechin' Eagle was finally torn down in early August 2011.
Screechin' Eagle was well respected among coaster enthusiasts for its spectacular airtime and wild ride. This classic "out and back" wooden coaster, designed by John A. Miller, was originally erected as the Cyclone at Moxahala Park, Zanesville, Ohio in 1927. The coaster was then relocated to Lesourdsville Lake Amusement Park in 1938 and opened in 1940. In the final years the Screechin' Eagle ran with a mix of old rolling stock including parts of the train from Elitch Garden's Wildcat coaster.
|1940||Wood||Out and Back||John A. Miller|
1961 – Renamed Space Rocket
1978 – Renamed Screechin' Eagle
2002 &ndash Final season of operation
2003-2011 – Standing-but-not-operating (SBNO)
August 12, 2011 – Confirmed the coaster has been demolished
Train has three cars with three rows each, seating two abreast per row.
Find Where to Coast™ with Ultimate Rollercoaster® Database
Where to Coast™, Rollercoaster Yellowpages™ are trademarks of Ultimate Rollercoaster®.