Flyer Comet built by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company in 1940 had a double out and back "figure 8" layout designed by Vernon Keenan. This wooden roller coaster operated for 60 years until it and Whalom Park closed at the end of the 2000 season. Flyer Comet remained standing until it was demolished by a wrecking crew on October 18, 2006.
|1940||Wood||Figure 8||Vernon Keenan|
October 18, 2006 - Flyer Comet is demolished in just two hours. The property is be redeveloped with 240 condominiums.
Train has three cars with three rows each, seating two abreast per row.
Find Where to Coast™ with Ultimate Rollercoaster® Database
Where to Coast™, Rollercoaster Yellowpages™ are trademarks of Ultimate Rollercoaster®.