One of the oldest operating roller coasters until it was unfortunately demolished by order of the new owner of Conneaut Lake Park in December 2021.
After a three-year closure from 2007 to 2009, the Blue Streak wooden coaster at Conneaut Lake Park was back in action. Dating back to 1938, Blue Streak was the flagship attraction at this lakeside amusement park. In August 2010 Conneaut Lake Park won $50,000 in the Pepsi Refresh Project and planned to use the money to continue renovations of this historic coaster.
|1938||Wood||Out and Back||Ed Vettel|
ACE Coaster Classic
2022 – The owner of the park orders the demolition of the Blue Streak. The coaster is lost forever.
2019-2022 – Standing-But-Not-Operating
September 9, 2010 – Blue Streak reopens
2007-2009 – Standing-But-Not-Operating
1995-1996 – Standing-But-Not-Operating
Blue Streak operated for years with two four-car, three-row NAD trains. One of the trains was lost in an unfortunate fire. In 2002 one of the NAD trains was replaced with the coaster's original four-car, two-row, Ed Vettel trains that had been restored. As of September 2010, the lone NAD train was being used again and in 2016 it was reconfigured into a three-car train.
Opening date: July 4, 1938
Train has three cars with three rows each, seating two abreast per row.
Find Where to Coast™ with Ultimate Rollercoaster® Database
Where to Coast™, Rollercoaster Yellowpages™ are trademarks of Ultimate Rollercoaster®.