Stricker's Grove is a unique, private amusement park that is primarily made available to groups. For the curious, the park is also open to the public on four days a year – 4th of July, the second Sunday of August–Family Day, Labor Day and an annual Customer Appreciation Day in October.
This family owned amusement park located in Ross, Ohio just north of Cincinnati began in 1924 on 55-acres of land owned by Henry Stricker.
Co-workers at Proctor and Gamble used to ask Stricker if they could come out to his property on weekends to picnic and enjoy the countryside and that is how the park was born. Stricker's park started with three apple orchards on the property where people would picnic among the groves of trees, hence the origin of the name Stricker's Grove.
Stricker eventually added a dance hall to the property and the first ride, a pony cart, was added in the 1940s. In 1954 the first amusement rides, including boats, rockets and a Ferris wheel appeared.
After the death of Henry Stricker in 1960, his three sons took over the operation and continued to operate the park. In 1972, the original property was sold and one son, Ralph Stricker, relocated the park to 25-acres of land covered by cornfields in Crosby Township. Today, the park remains surrounded by corn and is still family owned and operated by Ralph's daughter.
Stricker's Grove has 15 midway rides, including a Ferris wheel, Carousel and Flying Scooters, plus two wooden roller coasters – Tornado and Teddy Bear. The park has shaded picnic areas, picnic tables and a large picnic pavilion that can accommodate just over 750 people. An additional 500 people can be accommodated indoors in an air-conditioned hall.
In addition to the amusement rides, the park has a miniature golf course, arcade with video and redemption games, plus Skee-Ball, concession stand, horseshoe pits and a field for baseball. There is plenty of free parking and the park has all of the features and amenities you'd expect to accommodate groups.
|Park type:||Picnic Park|
|Park size:||25 acres|
11490 Hamilton-Cleves Road
Ross, OH 45061
Phone: (513) 738-3366 (513) 521-9747