Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Dutch Wonderland / Hershey Perspectives.

Dutch Wonderland / Hershey Perspectives.

Brad Boyd

Posted:
1/11/02 at
2:31:34 PM

Sorry, but when a good chain of posts gets pushed down closer and closer to the cut-off point I like to bring it back up to the top.

Like I've said before, I've been a Dutch Wonderland employee since 1996. I also am a seasonal season pass holder at Hersheypark. I'm very excited to see the changes being taken place, and I'd just like to post what I see happening in the future of DW.

I'm sure Herb Brooks is a great guy, and he must be good at what he does, coming from such a high position in Hershey. I'm looking forward to meeting him. Gary Chubb will be missed. He was a great leader and example to all of us. He's more than capable of doing a good job in his new position, and his record proves it. We all wich him luck back in Hershey.

You can expect to see some of the following changes at Dutch Wonderland:

-Paid parking (look at the new website. it is inferred.)
http://www.dutchwonderland.com/season_pass.html

-The two parks will advertise for each other. We can expect coupons and discounts from each park for the other. Maybe Dutch Wonderland will be included on Hershey's season pass in the future to boost attendance at both parks.

-Pepsi products will change back to Coke products.

-Obviously, all those M&M Mars products will be tossed in favor of Hershey products.

-The parks paths will be fixed up.

-There will be an improvement in facilities as well I'm sure. (bathrooms, lockers, rentals)

-New food and catering fuctions are a must. Don't plan on bringing in a picinic lunch anymore either. That's one thing the Clarks missed out on. At a park, there is a lot of money to be made in food and parking.

But to give credit where credit is due, free parking and picinic lunches are a great way to keep the public happy. You decide which is better. I personally like the free parking idea, with picinic lunches. The key to a successful business is REPEAT CUSTOMERS.

Anyway...

-Look for an improvement in games. Again, another gold mine that the Clark's missed out on.

-In the near future look for an expansion into the under-used camping manor. Another wooden coaster may be in the works. It's been hear-say at the park for quite some time.

-I see some more water rides. A shoot the shutes ride, (like Knoebles, is it Skloosh?), was in the works a few years ago, at least I had heard. We'll see.

-The monorail will be undoubtedly improved. It's been falling apart for years. The in-park monorail fee will most likely be gone as well.

Aside from that, don't expect too many changes. Duke and his freinds will still be the mascots. Don't expect to see walking candy bars in Dutch Wonderland. There will be no name changes. The park will look the same and will only be better, with hopefully more visitors.

Re: Dutch Wonderland / Hershey Perspectives. by Jersey Joe at 1/11/02 2:45:41 PM

Good post, Brad and these are the things I'd expect to see Hershey invest in DW.

Like almost every park out there, there is room for improvement, but overall, I believe DW is one of the ultimate family parks.

I replied to you under the SKY PRINCESS post (your post entitled - WAIT A MINUTE) and asked for some recollections. Now that I know you've worked there since 1996, I'm sure you have some great stories you can share here.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on any future developements at the park (of course, when you are permitted!)

Joe

Re: Dutch Wonderland / Hershey Perspectives. by Raptor Timmy at 1/11/02 3:52:27 PM

> Good post, Brad and these are the things I'd
> expect to see Hershey invest in DW.

> Like almost every park out there, there is room
> for improvement, but overall, I believe DW is one
> of the ultimate family parks.

> I replied to you under the SKY PRINCESS post
> (your post entitled - WAIT A MINUTE) and asked
> for some recollections. Now that I know you've
> worked there since 1996, I'm sure you have some
> great stories you can share here.

> Keep up the good work and keep us posted on any
> future developements at the park (of course, when
> you are permitted!)

> Joe

Everything sounds good except for switching to Coke. Seriously I hope the best for Dutch Wonderland and Herhseypark as well.

Re: Dutch Wonderland / Hershey Perspectives. by Saywhat at 8/8/12 4:30:41 PM
If only you were accurate? Pretty sure hershey just signed a nice deal with Pepsi. Coke has that attitude they can treat their customers however they want anyways, so why would anyone want that crappy service? It's also too,syrupy
Re: Dutch Wonderland / Hershey Perspectives. by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/8/12 4:57:39 PM
Ten years you waited to make a comment about Coke vs. Pepsi?
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Dutch Wonderland / Hershey Perspectives. by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 8/9/12 12:53:26 PM
what?!?! lol 10 years later post. the internet never ceases to amaze me.
- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv