Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Darien Lake Thrillbilly

Darien Lake Thrillbilly

Raptor Timmy

Posted:
7/26/01 at
8:41:50 PM

An old Darien Lake brochure from the 1980s I have listed a ride called Thrillbilly. Anybody remember the ride? Anyone have memories or Darien Lake from 1981 until the Predator was built in 1990?

Re: Darien Lake Thrillbilly by Alan Jacyszyn at 7/27/01 12:20:25 AM

Was this ride located right near Predator?

If so, the ride was a "Huss Troika" (kinda looked like an octupus, people liked to call it the "Octopus Ride" :-P) Although I was really young it was around, I am pretty sure that must have been the "thrillbilly"...

Do you still happen to have that brochure? Do yo think you could scan it, or get it on the internet somehow? That would be really neat to see....

Alan Jacyszyn

SFDLnet: The Ultimate Darien Lake Guide

I really like that Thrillbilly, may I use it? N/M by chillforce chillforce Profile at 7/27/01 1:01:34 AM

Re: Darien Lake Thrillbilly by BigSpinCoaster at 4/8/14 3:26:26 PM
I don't remember this ride, but I wish that there was more info and pictures of it!
Re: Darien Lake Thrillbilly by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 4/8/14 7:43:27 PM
Well, in the absence of new Walking Dead episodes until October, I suppose a zombie thread will help with my withdrawal symptoms :)

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Darien Lake Thrillbilly by jwhoogs jwhoogs Profile at 4/10/14 6:51:52 AM
I remember the ride and it was a "Troika"
There's one at Cedar Point and at Kings Island and Canada's Wonderland
Re: Darien Lake Thrillbilly by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 4/10/14 2:35:13 PM
^^^Yup, like you and Alan said, it was a Huss Troika there at DL. According to wiki, it was there from 1979 to 1990.

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Troika_%28ride%29

Re: Darien Lake Thrillbilly by jwhoogs jwhoogs Profile at 5/4/14 8:44:14 AM
This was Darien lakes first bad moves among many.
I want a new coaster!
Re: Darien Lake Thrillbilly by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 5/5/14 11:26:08 AM
jwhoogs said:

I remember the ride and it was a "Troika"
There's one at Cedar Point and at Kings Island and Canada's Wonderland

Nope! Never was one of these at Canada's Wonderland.

Regards,
Kevin Reid