Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SIX FLAGS IN FLORIDA???

SIX FLAGS IN FLORIDA???

moss12

Posted:
5/30/01 at
12:08:28 AM

i live in southwest florida and i have herd that in a paper in fort myers florida they published an article that their will be a six flags theme park built there.
im wondering if this is true if anyone has any info let me know please(florida needs one of those)

Re: SIX FLAGS IN FLORIDA??? by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 5/30/01 12:32:21 AM

> i live in southwest florida and i have herd that
> in a paper in fort myers florida they published
> an article that their will be a six flags theme
> park built there.
> im wondering if this is true if anyone has any
> info let me know please(florida needs one of
> those)

It has long been a rumor, but who knows for sure.

Six Flags once operated a park in Florida. Does anyone remember Six Flags Atlantis? I don't think they had a single roller coaster at that park. Imagine that Six Flags without a coaster it almost seems like a sin.

Eric

Re: SIX FLAGS IN FLORIDA??? by roller_ryder at 5/30/01 12:50:12 AM

> i live in southwest florida and i have herd that
> in a paper in fort myers florida they published
> an article that their will be a six flags theme
> park built there.
> im wondering if this is true if anyone has any
> info let me know please(florida needs one of
> those)

I recorded -Inside Bucsh Gardens- on the Travel channel, and I'm glad I did. I had to rewind a couple of times, but I'm sure I heard the narrator say "Six Flags Adventure Park" while listing the Orlando parks.

Re: SIX FLAGS IN FLORIDA??? by gamndbndr at 5/30/01 8:09:33 AM

Six Flags, Inc. has stated numerous times that their business model does not include building parks from the ground up. So unless there's a park for sale I wouldn't look for Six Flags Florida anytime soon.

Six Flags Wild Adventures? Six Flags Miracle Strip? Possibilities, but why would these places sell out?

PS. Congrats on Wild Adventures' 5 year anniversary!

Re: SIX FLAGS IN FLORIDA??? by ioa rules at 5/30/01 11:13:15 AM

> six flags flordia has been a rumor for a long time, the latest was in the jacksonville, flordia area. I would be very suprised to see 6 flags go into the theme park capital to compete, it would be very expensive. (uh ioa cost 2 Billion dollars) i think six flags will continue to buy stable parks and add rides rather then invest a pile of money in a very tough area.

I think Six Flags Valdosta is MUCH more likely (n/m) by rollergator at 5/30/01 5:04:16 PM

Re: SIX FLAGS IN FLORIDA??? by mikeyvw63 at 6/10/11 9:54:52 AM

I remember six flags Atlantis. I grew down in Miami and Atlantis was just north of us and yes they did not have coasters but for the most part it was a water park. Six fags Atlantis got bought out but kept the name Atlantis. As for a new park in Florida. Yes it happenin. Look into Weekiwachi, established sometime in 1947 in Hernando county, just north west of Tampa became a state park in 2008. May 3rd of 2011 six flags announced that they will be clearing land to add to that of the now Weeki Wachi Springs and Mermaid Show State Park. What will stay or go in the park is unknown. Also unknown is how much of the Weeki Wachi park will stay State Park if any. The new park is said to be built across from the old and will stay in theme to the old parks theme and clearing of land is scheduled to start at the end of this year. A few rides that are planned are a mermaid-themed log flume ride in which the riders’ feet dangle in water and an inverted rollercoaster where the riders narrowly miss hitting live bears along a stretch of track modeled after Osowaw Boulevard. This is great news for Herando cunty since they consistently have the highest rate of unemployment.

Re: SIX FLAGS IN FLORIDA??? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/10/11 10:02:57 AM

10+ Years?

Record?

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: SIX FLAGS IN FLORIDA??? by mikeyvw63 at 6/10/11 10:07:11 AM

actually the plans, marketing and so on has been going on for almost 20 years with six flags and weekiwachi

Re: SIX FLAGS IN FLORIDA??? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 6/10/11 8:01:03 PM

Given the stiff competition of WDW, BGA, SW Orlando and Universal/IOA, I don't see it being a good idea for Six Flags to return to that state. If anything they should focus more on their existing properties unless they want to return to the road of over expansion that got them into bankruptcy.