Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Your Favorite Underrated Coaster!

Your Favorite Underrated Coaster!

O-High-O

Posted:
5/17/01 at
7:11:07 PM

Mine is easy: Space Mountain Disneyland.

This is the first ride since my first ride of Magnum that made me actually scream! It is THAT good! I love it!

Re: Your Favorite Underrated Coaster! by Johnny Mnemonic at 5/17/01 8:12:59 PM

> Mine is easy: Space Mountain Disneyland.

> This is the first ride since my first ride of
> Magnum that made me actually scream! It is THAT
> good! I love it!

I agree! After all these years, it still packs a mighty punch. Another favorite of mine is Giant Dipper at SCBB. Oh man could I use a ride on that right now!

Re: Your Favorite Underrated Coaster! by BReNt at 5/17/01 9:06:05 PM

This is a hard one...
I would have to say..uhhh
Errrr...
I think my decision would have to be Rock N Roller Coaster at Disney MGM Studios in WDW.This ride has so much power in the launch and is a VERY exciting ride with the music and all.
Take it Easy
-BReNt

Mine would have to be the standing but no longer operating................. by dale caskey at 5/17/01 9:32:35 PM

"SCREECHIN EAGLE" at Americana in Middletown, Ohio.

This is a John Miller classic almost identical to "Big Dipper" at Geagua Lake (SFO? SFWOA? or whatever the place is called now, except the Eagle has much more pop and air time than the fantastic Dipper. Hopefully, she will someday soon, run again.

DAC

Re: Your Favorite Underrated Coaster! by sfogviper sfogviper Profile at 5/17/01 9:56:00 PM

WOO!!!!!!!! That's exactly what came to mind when I first saw the subject!

FANTASTIC ride!

Jeff

Re: Your Favorite Underrated Coaster! by Jersey Joe at 5/17/01 10:42:05 PM

> WOO!!!!!!!! That's exactly what came to mind when
> I first saw the subject!

> FANTASTIC ride!

> Jeff

I lost between Space Mountain at DL and Skyliner at Lakemont. From what I've been told you can catch Skyliner on a bad day, but when I was there in late June '99, that thing was kickin' some serious heiney and was FULL of airtime (especially in the back seat - which we rode 13 times straight).

So, I'll cheat and say:

STEEL - SPACE MOUNTAIN - DL
WOOD - SKYLINER - Lakemont

Joe

Jersey Joe's Coaster Pages

Re: Your Favorite Underrated Coaster! by swOHman at 5/17/01 11:17:43 PM

Good to see you posting again Chris. I would have to say either Thunder Run at SFKK or Montezoomas Revenge at KBF. TR is great and packed with airtime and MR is just all out fun from the launch to the loop to the floater air on the back spike.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian
"Don't Look Back"

Re: Your Favorite Underrated Coaster! by Cortex_Bomb at 5/17/01 11:33:56 PM

A toss-up between Thunder Run at SFKK (I have to mirror what was said earlier and say that this thing is *amazing* and this coming from someone who'd just been on Raven and Legend!) and the Togo stand-ups (Sky Rider @ PCW & King Cobra @ PKI both of which offer the unique sensation of airtime on a stand-up!

michael c.

DD: The only ice cream with the URC seal of approval!

Re: Your Favorite Underrated Coaster! by comet3506 at 5/17/01 11:43:31 PM

Don't laugh
Despite the huge break, I absolutely love the Hp comet, espcially at night.

comet

For wood I would by coastinj coastinj Profile at 5/18/01 1:06:49 AM

have to agree and say that Thunder Run is a very underrated coaster, that second hill floater air is wonderful.

And for steel I would easily say that Tennessee Tornado needs to get higher marks, because the great floater down the tunnel drop and the power at which it hits the brakes: not to mention its the smoothest ARrow ride I've ever been on.

Re: Your Favorite Underrated Coaster! by AirBear AirBear Profile at 5/18/01 2:31:52 AM

> good! I love it!

I can think of a couple of underrated coasters that quickly come to mind for me. One is Skyliner at Lakemont. Maybe we just hit it on a good (rainy) day, but that coaster was dishing out all kinds of airtime, especially in the back seat. Quite an unexpected surprise, since we went to Lakemont for Leap-the-Dips (which also did not disappoint). The other one that popped into my head is the wooden coaster at Lagoon, which I think is just called Roller Coaster. This weather-beaten woodie didn't look like much when we walked in, but it proceeded to deliver some outstanding wild rides that included generous amounts of stand-up air thanks to the minimal restraints. Again, a big surprise as we went in with no expectations.
AirBear

Re: Your Favorite Underrated Coaster! by MFORCEWOW at 5/18/01 8:24:54 AM

> good! I love it

TENNESSEE TORNADO ..... RIDE IS VERY SHORT BUT PACKS AN AWESOME PUNCH IN ITS SHORT RIDE AND BUTTERFLY IS VERY COOL AS IS FIRST DROP THROUGH THE TUNNEL...

Re: Your Favorite Underrated Coaster! by GA Coasterboy at 5/18/01 8:30:34 AM

One roller coaster that I really liked was Rampage at Visonland. Nobody really talks about it here but I think it's a great ride.

Re: Your Favorite Underrated Coaster! by BGW at 5/18/01 10:09:09 AM

I have to agree with Dale, Schreechin' Eagle is just awesome, one of my favorite rides of all time.

As far as running woods go, it's a tie between Jack Rabbit at KW and Tornado at Strickers Grove, back seat of both just throws you out.

On the Steel side, it's another tie between FoF and Top Gun both at PKI. FOF is getting more attention now, but even before, front seat rides where unbelievable. Top Gun is helped by the fact that a lot of times you don't even have to get off because nobody seems to ride it do to the fact that "Action Zone" keeps everybody there instead of on this ride.

Re: Your Favorite Underrated Coaster! by Kevin Dorey at 5/18/01 12:00:37 PM

I'd definitely cast my vote for Canobie Lake's Yankee Cannonball. While it may not be the biggest, longest or fastest out there, or even in New England, I do believe it to be one of the most enjoyable coasters I've yet to find. It may look like your average L-shaped out and back, but it's certainly not. Cannonball is an extremely fun ride with a bit of airtime and a spot or two of nice laterals. IMO, Cannonball is just GODLY.

Kevin

Huricane @Myrtle Beach and Megazeph @Jazzland (no message) by Streaker Streaker Profile at 5/18/01 12:31:13 PM

Re: Your Favorite Underrated Coaster! by Pantera Psycho at 5/18/01 4:31:48 PM

> good! I love it!

There's a lot, Space Mountain DL is definately, Blue Streak and Gemini @ CP both fit in there, also Viper @ SFGAm is very underrated. Almost every seaside pier coaster with the exception of a few are underrated too. Overall, I'd have to say my highest ranking coaster that fits in the underrated category is probably SFGAm's Viper, but that's not to take away from any of the others as Viper is slowly gaining it's proper due, I'd have to say Blue Streak IMO is more underrated.

Re: Your Favorite Underrated Coaster! by SonOfBeast at 5/18/01 5:09:52 PM

Oh boy, everybody will slam me for this, but mine is Vortex at PKI. I love the feelings it gives you and I think it is just an incredible ride with plenty of unsuspected airtime, great visuals, and enough inversions to make you happy but not bored. So this is my vote.

Scott

Myrtle Beach Hurricane by scud at 5/18/01 10:36:38 PM

This ride is excellent and it is in such a great setting!!! Good first drop and 2 insane helixes make this one of my favorite coasters. It is impossible to stay on your side of the coaster.