Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Save $'s on Knoebels ride all day passes, here how.....

Save $'s on Knoebels ride all day passes, here how.....

Dale Caskey

Posted:
7/2/00 at
8:32:49 AM

I was at Knoebels a couple of weeks ago. In the Knoebels area they have $3.00 off coupons on loaves of Holsum Bread. These are good only when Knoebel's offers the ride all day passes which is generally Monday through Friday. With this discount the ride all day plus coaster option is $22.50.

DAC

Re: Save $'s on Knoebels ride all day passes, here how..... by Sam A. Marks at 7/2/00 8:45:17 AM

> I was at Knoebels a couple of weeks ago. In the
> Knoebels area they have $3.00 off coupons on
> loaves of Holsum Bread. These are good only when
> Knoebel's offers the ride all day passes which is
> generally Monday through Friday. With this
> discount the ride all day plus coaster option is
> $22.50.

> DAC

How much does the bread cost?

Hey Dale why is Knobels so expensive anymore?(NM) by jimmy gallo at 7/2/00 8:45:37 AM

Hey Sam It costs just a little DOE!!!!!!!!!!! HAhahahahah(NM) by jimmy gallo at 7/2/00 8:47:32 AM

About a buck 39 however one could.....(An ethical question?) by Dale Caskey at 7/2/00 9:01:37 AM

Good answer Jimmy, LOL. Good question, Sam. The bread was $1.39 in the store I went to, however, not that I'm promoting this mind ya, but one could tear off the coupons from the bread as they are attached to the outside of the wrapper. This could be done with out damaging the packaging of the bread.

My ethical question is, would this be considered theft?

DAC

The great thing about Knoebels admission is the options! by Dale Caskey at 7/2/00 9:12:17 AM

Hi Jimmy,

I know you live in the area. If I lived in the area like you I'd go broke on Knoebels. If you look at other park admissions around the country, Knoebel's however is quite reasonable. And they do give you the option of purchasing tickets which is terrific for people who may not ride that much or just wanta spend a couple of hours at the park. When we went the ride all day more than saved us $'s over what the tickets would have cost for myself and the boys. My wife, however opted to purchase a $10.00 book of tickets ($9.00 on weekdays) which along with the 13 brass rings we collectivly won on the carousel (an additional $9.10 in tickets) was more than enough for her. We even returned home with $5.00 in tickets. A great reason to return next summer, LOL.

DAC

Re: The great thing about Knoebels admission is the options! by jimmy gallo at 7/2/00 9:24:46 AM

Hey Dale I understand what you are saying but I would prefer some type of season pass for the local people. Also,Lakemont to me is pretty close to being as good as Knobels with a few more trees and a new woodie and a flume ride. The thing is that it stands it is only 8.95 to ride all day compared to 25.00 on a weekday or who knows how much on a weekend when you have to buy tickets all day long. Plus everytime I have been to lakemont there have been no lines at all can you say ERT on the Skyliner which in my opinion is a great coaster. I am not flaming Knobels but they should have something here for enthusists like us. Also do you live near PKI when is Americana opening? End of July for sure or later. Have a great day Dale see ya later jimmy
> Hi Jimmy,

> I know you live in the area. If I lived in the
> area like you I'd go broke on Knoebels. If you
> look at other park admissions around the country,
> Knoebel's however is quite reasonable. And they
> do give you the option of purchasing tickets
> which is terrific for people who may not ride
> that much or just wanta spend a couple of hours
> at the park. When we went the ride all day more
> than saved us $'s over what the tickets would
> have cost for myself and the boys. My wife,
> however opted to purchase a $10.00 book of
> tickets ($9.00 on weekdays) which along with the
> 13 brass rings we collectivly won on the carousel
> (an additional $9.10 in tickets) was more than
> enough for her. We even returned home with $5.00
> in tickets. A great reason to return next summer,
> LOL.

> DAC

Re: About a buck 39 however one could.....(An ethical question?) by Janis Moore at 7/2/00 10:34:35 AM

> Good answer Jimmy, LOL. Good question, Sam. The
> bread was $1.39 in the store I went to, however,
> not that I'm promoting this mind ya, but one
> could tear off the coupons from the bread as they
> are attached to the outside of the wrapper. This
> could be done with out damaging the packaging of
> the bread.

> My ethical question is, would this be considered
> theft?

> DAC

When I lived in the Hershey area, I bought Holsum bread to get the Knoebels coupons. It seemed to me that when I tore the coupon off, it always tore a hole in the wrapper, so I had to wait till the bread was gone to get the coupon if I didn't want stale bread. I wouldn't recommend tearing off the coupons in the store because you might damage the wrapper and ruin the bread. Personally, I wouldn't take the coupons in the store anyway, it just wouldn't feel right.
Janis

I've heard no new info on Americana since announced sale (N/M) by Dale Caskey at 7/2/00 4:58:21 PM